Safe LiPo battery temp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's best to keep your Lipo battery temp higher than 0C and lower than 50C.
I just did a bash session with my kraton mostly doing speed runs and my batteries were hitting almost 140f. Esc was 100f and motor 115f. So do I need batteries with a higher C rating or am I over geared?
Equipment is
Motor: hobbystar 4092 1480kv
Esc: max6
Batteries: 2- powerhobby 5200mah 50C
Tires: backflips
Pinion: 20t with stock spur.
Ambient temp: 40f

I just did a bash session with my kraton mostly doing speed runs and my batteries were hitting almost 140f. Esc was 100f and motor 115f. So do I need batteries with a higher C rating or am I over geared?
Equipment is
Motor: hobbystar 4092 1480kv
Esc: max6
Batteries: 2- powerhobby 5200mah 50C
Tires: backflips
Pinion: 20t with stock spur.
Ambient temp: 40f
The batteries are probably the problem over geared everything will be extremely hot the internal resistance of your batteries might be too high

I’d get some better batteries to start. Unless you’re geared for 80mph or above, the batteries shouldn’t be getting nearly that hot.

Powerhobby was what was available locally that's why I got them. I have since ordered a pair of smc 4s packs and really like them. No issues after almost a year. I want to order a pair of the smc 7200 6s packs next. Im really surprised the powerhobby packs didnt puff up at those temps.

Powerhobby was what was available locally that's why I got them. I have since ordered a pair of smc 4s packs and really like them. No issues after almost a year. I want to order a pair of the smc 7200 6s packs next. Im really surprised the powerhobby packs didnt puff up at those temps.
Ive had floureon at 145 before no puff either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back