Safe storage lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickelitrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just bought this ammobox to keep my lipos when not in use. Its air tight so in case of a fire in the box, would it be better with a vent hole or not, for expanding gases or whatever?

Attachments

• 20171026_152431.jpg
    20171026_152431.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 87
I just bought this ammobox to keep my lipos when not in use. Its air tight so in case of a fire in the box, would it be better with a vent hole or not, for expanding gases or whatever?
Everything that I have read says that it should be vented so that it doesn't explode if something goes wrong inside. I took the seal on the lid out and drilled two holes in the lid of my ammo box.

Oh dang, good thing you posted this, I have two extremely puffed(cases split) 3s lipos sitting in my ammo box in my storage shed.

I wanted to see what happens with a lipo. Had a old drone 4s lipo with a dead cell. Put a knife in it, some hissing and a lot of smoke was the result. Not the flames i was expecting, but definiately not something you want at home.

Attachments

• 20171021_211756.jpg
    20171021_211756.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 69
I wanted to see what happens with a lipo. Had a old drone 4s lipo with a dead cell. Put a knife in it, some hissing and a lot of smoke was the result. Not the flames i was expecting, but definiately not something you want at home.
i had an unbalanced 3s that i charged in safebag...started smoking and i pulled it out from charger and rushed to the balcony, just as i open the door swoooosh two 1metre flamethrowers, one on each side out of the bag...all that remains is a connector :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back