Kraton Safe to run on one 3s 50c 5400mah?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
In my last thread I ended up caving in one of my hard case 3s lipos. Im still quite new to the hobby so I don't have any other batteries at the moment so I am stuck here with 1 good 3s battery.

I came across a youtube video showing that you can run on a single 3s battery. Its not as fast of course but it can be done.

Now my question is, is it safe? If so, which connector should I put the loop thing on.

Thanks!

I live in a rural area so I wont have any new batteries for another week if I order tomorrow. Need something to pass the time lol

I live in a rural area so I wont have any new batteries for another week if I order tomorrow. Need something to pass the time lol

I live out in the middle of nowhere also. Closest hobby shop is an hour away.

I have ran on 3s numerous times in my Senton and Typhon for indoor smooth concrete small track racing, which has the same power system as the Kraton, and my son drives his Kraton on 2s with a 2200kv Castle system. Even on the lower cell counts, the vehicles still have quite a bit of torque but their top speeds are greatly reduced. In the manual and on the ESC it even lists 3s, 4s and 6s for cell counts.
upload_2018-8-7_8-17-36.png

Like @Dvarg said, it doesn't matter which connector the loop is placed on since the loop just makes a "continuous" wire so it will run either way but I guess I would try to put the battery so that the positive goes directly into the ESC and the power doesn't have to go through the loop. I don't know if it makes any difference at all, but I know solder joints and connectors add resistance, aka heat, so I would try to have the loop on the negative side. Just my thought though.

Yeah, but them numbers are probably fudged. All battery manufacturers fudge their numbers to look better than the competition. I've read that a true realistic number is around 50c.

just remember its not a high tech ESC so it will still try draw alot of power from one battery... turn everything on ESC DOWN if you must.. this is why the 3s cars are awesome to have alongside the 6s

What if you hook up a 3S battery to one lead..without the loop and turn it on. Will that blow out your ESC? I think I did that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back