Kraton Saga Custom RC Pinion Gear wobble?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Talion
I noticed yesterday that my pinion from Saga Custom has some wobble to it. At first I though that somehow I bent the 8mm shaft on my Castle motor but its def the pinion. Has anyone else had this problem?

I noticed yesterday that my pinion from Saga Custom has some wobble to it. At first I though that somehow I bent the 8mm shaft on my Castle motor but its def the pinion. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've seen it before but not a SAGA pinion. He gets them from a supplier in china so anything is possible.

I may send him an email and see what he says. Its not a bad wobble but its enough to notice.

Here are my Arrma pinion wobbles, only the stock 17 Arrma pinion is dead straight.

24T Arrma pinion

22T Arrma pinion

17T stock Arrma pinion, dead straight.

Here are my Arrma pinion wobbles, only the stock 17 Arrma pinion is dead straight.

24T Arrma pinion

22T Arrma pinion

17T stock Arrma pinion, dead straight.

Are the 24t and 22t Arrma or aftermarket?

Like I said the wobble is not that bad, def not bad enough to send it back.

Might be your motor mount is bent. My did that when it was bent. Those big motors are just roo heavy and need rear support.

Might be your motor mount is bent. My did that when it was bent. Those big motors are just roo heavy and need rear support.
That is possible
How would you say your pinion wobble is in comparison to my 2?
Are you using the stock motor? I will have to take a vid to really compare it
Here is a vid of mine.

Last edited:
That is possible

Are you using the stock motor? I will have to take a vid to really compare it
Here is a vid of mine.

Stock motor. Yours looks like my 24T one. I've sent my 22T one back to get replaced but no stock until August I think.

My SAGA 34T spool gear (8mm pinion) came with a bit of wobble too. I ended up going down to a 29T anyway so no biggie. For $25 it wasn’t worth the effort to complain.

I installed an Arrma 23t into my K8s last night, it was perfectly straight without any wobbles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back