Same type of battery very different sizes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis.W

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
This is 2 batteries of the same brand, both 22,2v 6S 5000mah bought about 2 years apart.
The new one is MUCH bigger.

Does anyone know if it differ this much on two 5000mah batteries?
Its wider, higher and thicker.

6D4013F9-F135-4800-90E5-9BD46D620281.jpeg

That is a huge difference in size indeed, probs a lot heavier too. I reckon you might find the smaller one is not actually 5000mAh and possibly also a lower C rating.

Might very well be so! Will have to test and see, i have actually been very pleased with the punch and run time in the smaller one.
I bought this and two 3S 5000mah 75C batteries will be fun to see what difference there is between all of them.
Prob got a different manufacturer

I asked the seller where i got them If they knew anything about this, and they said they ordered them from same manufacturer asking for the same spec and they did not know why they were bigger now either.
Allthough there might be a different manufacturer anyways.

Feels like there should be a noticeable difference between them driving.

Looks like a Reaction vs SMC. My reaction 4S 5000 50C is 150% the size of my SMC 4S 5000 90C. Heck the Reaction is the same size as the SMC 6S 5000 90C. ????‍♂️

Checked around at batteries and there is alot of difference.
I weighed the new and the old battery the new one weighed 866grams and the old small one weighed 643, which seems very low for a 5000mah 6s pack.
But still been very pleased with this pack?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back