Sanwa MX-6 range feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisak

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I went to upgrade the stupid Spektrum radio with a FS GT3B, because I've had great success with it in the past but the range I get with it is terrible now. Maybe I got a defective one. Will be returning that.

Looking to spend a bit more on a quality radio. Asking specifically for the Sanwa MX-6 because it's on sale at my LHS.

Do you guys have any impressions on it. Already watched the YT reviews but no one mentioned range which is most important to me. Any input on that is appreciated.

I have the MX-6 and never had range issues running it. But it's hard to compare with what you need.
The only downside are the large reveivers. They barely fit in the 6s radio box.

Idk why range is so poor. Especially the city I live in. I literally cant get more than 5 meters of range. Went to a track about hour, hour and a half drive away this weekend and everything was fine even with the gt3b.

Some of the guys said that 5G might be the issue because where I live we already have it. Will probably go get the Sanwa tomorrow and report back.

Idk why range is so poor. Especially the city I live in. I literally cant get more than 5 meters of range. Went to a track about hour, hour and a half drive away this weekend and everything was fine even with the gt3b.

Some of the guys said that 5G might be the issue because where I live we already have it. Will probably go get the Sanwa tomorrow and report back.
Do you live in Europe? If so, many of the newer radios have some restrictions here in Europe. I had to find that out the hard way. I bought a Sanwa MT-44 and I had a range of 50 meters or less sometimes. Which was so frustrating because before that I had the Traxxas Tqi which was never a bad radio but I wanted something better. After some time I found out that the Sanwa uses a different protocol for the European countries (the MX-6 uses a different protocol so I'm not sure if this one is affected as well). So I send the radio back because it was unusable. I bought the same one from the US which has no restrictions. It's much better now but there are definitely some better radios out there in terms of range. Like @LibertyMKiii said I would go with the Futaba 3PV. It's more expensive but you will be better off in the long term. I'm not sure if the Futaba radios also have some restrictions here in Europe. So be careful with that.

Yes, I live in Europe. Thats nice to know. Thank you!
In which country? I have some older radios like a rebranded Flysky GT2 and I can tell you that the range on this one is insane. So it depends on what you want. If you only want big range then I would look out for some older radios as they were produced before the European law came out. But the Futaba 3pv should be a brilliant radio if this one still has no restrictions. Or you could get one from the US.

Bulgaria. I know the gt2 has insane range, but they have also started having problems around here recently. The Futaba is not available in my LHS so i'll have to order that from abroad, and with shipping I'll be almost double the price of the Sanwa. The radio transmission regulation is since at least 2010 afaik so I doubt the older radios being better.

Bulgaria. I know the gt2 has insane range, but they have also started having problems around here recently. The Futaba is not available in my LHS so i'll have to order that from abroad, and with shipping I'll be almost double the price of the Sanwa. The radio transmission regulation is since at least 2010 afaik so I doubt the older radios being better.
Yeah that's true. If the Sanwa works out fine then I would stick to that one. The problem with the Sanwa MX-6 is that you can't upgrade the radio at some point because it uses special receiver which are not compatible with the other Sanwa radios and then you also have to get new receivers.

If the Sanwa has good enough range I'll have absolutely no reason to upgrade until it falls apart. Only things I need in a radio is good range and expo settings. Will get it tomorrow and report back

So I got the Sanwa. It feels amazing in the hand. Very comfortable and well suited for long fingers. Range is comparable to a Spectrum DX2E, which is not totally great but good enough for me. Response is good enough for bashing and even some entry level racing. Will see how it does in the other place I live because there's a lot of radio interference there.
Also the receiver is somewhat big but fits perfectly in the stock receiver box.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back