Talion Sanwa RX482 does it really fit ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddognz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I brought a Sanwa MTS radio with a rx482 receiver as an upgrade for the infamous stx2 that came with my Talion 6s BLX. I'm having serious trouble trying to insert the channel 1 and 2 connectors. I have read that sanwas connectors are tight but OMG !! I can't get them in. I'm a newbie, am I missing something? Are the connectors different?

I have searched the forums but can't find anything on this. I'm so excited to experience the difference that my new controller will show, but MATE ! I can't get the bloody things in !

If you lay it face down on its lable where the bind button is, it should fit. This Rx is considered small by Sanwas description. And if you lay it down, obviously don't use double sided tape, so you can easily access the bind button when needed. This is not a Gyro based RX, so you can just use foam padding around it or just under it before you close up the RX box so it doesn't rattle around in there. Tuck all excess wires within the RX box also. I use recycled foam padding from my Lipo battery packaging. Hope this helps. Sanwa is good. Good luck.

Thanks for the info Src. These receivers are definitely small. There isn't any problems with fitting the receiver into the radio box. It's plugging the stock blx connectors into the ports on the receiver that has got me beat. Someone suggested Shaving down the plugs a little, till they fit. I'll give that a go. Because I'm a newbie, I'm a little nervous with regards to modifications that you cant revert back if you stuff it up. All good. This is the way I'm gonna learn?

Ok I got ya now!
The plugs have to be trimmed on one side perhaps. This is common. And some plugs are tighter than others to push in. Is there a distinct difference of the plug on one side. Or does it appear that the plug looks the same both sides and can plug in either direction? If you send pics of the RX and the plugs, It would be easier to explain. :)
Basically, is it a polarized, one way to plug in or is the plug even and square both sides on the RX? Sometimes a good push to over come the tightness will work and go right in. I understand you are new to this and don't want to force much. That's smart. (y)

Last edited:
Ok I got ya now!
The plugs have to be trimmed on one side perhaps. This is common. And some plugs are tighter than others to push in. Is there a distinct difference of the plug on one side. Or does it appear that the plug looks the same both sides and can plug in either direction? If you send pics of the RX and the plugs, It would be easier to explain. :)
Basically, is it a polarized, one way to plug in or is the plug even and square both sides on the RX? Sometimes a good push to over come the tightness will work and go right in. I understand you are new to this and don't want to force much. That's smart. (y)
Here you go. Thanks for your help ! I really appreciate it. Just looking at the pic with the connector (plug?) between my fingers, I have already damaged the left pin hole (I didn't see that before !). So the receiver has little edges on each side of the individual channel sockets. The plug looks straight and uniform on each side. Apologies for my terminology. I'm sure that will get better over time also.

Attachments

• 20200223_105601.jpg
    20200223_105601.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200223_105634.jpg
    20200223_105634.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 78
Yeah its non polarized. Got ya. Are you sure about which side the negative (black wire) is oriented. Establish this first if youu haven't already. If you insert it wrong, no damage will occur. It just wont work and you just reverse and reinsert.
But your main problem is fit... the ports on the Sanwas Rx is tighter. Try dremeling or filing the Servo and ESC F-plugs on all four sides till you get it to fit. I have seen this many times. Stay the course, this will work. Sanwa and Futaba is known for this. Not a bad thing. Easy to work around.
Alternatively, and best way, is if you are careful enough, you can file down the tabs that capture the F-Plugs at the Rx. Need to be more gentle however. Your call. Use a fine small file. Vacuum or blow out any dust at the Rx before installing. A small side clipper or similar will trim those Rx tabs also. I think this is the best way.
Good luck.
Sanwa482_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, all good on the black wire orientation. Thanks so much for your help. It's just so appreciated by me and has given me confidence to go ahead. I knew modifications and tinkering is a big part of the rc hobby. It was part of the reason I plonked down the cash to take this up. It's so comforting to know that there are people out there like you, who have great advice !

I'm gonna be out bashing in no time !

Have a great day SrC !

Tinkering is part of it all. A learning curve for all of us. 30+ years into surface RC, its a stress reliever for me for sure. Driving is the best part.
Enjoy.
Home Depot. Klein tools. Electrical tools.
20200222_174322.jpg

Last edited:
I brought a Sanwa MTS radio with a rx482 receiver as an upgrade for the infamous stx2 that came with my Talion 6s BLX. I'm having serious trouble trying to insert the channel 1 and 2 connectors. I have read that sanwas connectors are tight but OMG !! I can't get them in. I'm a newbie, am I missing something? Are the connectors different?

I have searched the forums but can't find anything on this. I'm so excited to experience the difference that my new controller will show, but MATE ! I can't get the bloody things in !
Hi there.
Range question for you please brother.
I've got a V4 K6s and got the Tactic TTX300 (sold with the V3's) and it was a huge improvement. Range was outstanding. Further than I could comfortably see.

I've since got into buggy racing and got an MT-S also with the RX-481.
It's lockdown now and poor weather so I can't test this.
Can you compare range to the old STX2? (which was good for what it's worth).
Or can anyone compare range to the trusty Tactic?

For e-buggy racing, the course is a limited/finite distance, but 6S Arrma's can cover a LOT of ground quickly and can do more damage if you lose control... so I'm a little nervous.

Comments please on Sanwa MT-S and RX-481 thanks.
IMG_20200412_234752.jpg
IMG_20200413_200055.jpg
IMG_20200413_195908.jpg
IMG_20200413_195855.jpg

Oh yes - about the tight fit.. yes. I watch a pro fit the electrics of my e-buggy which uses:
RX-481
Ecoboost digital servo (ebay/banggood)
Arrma BLX120 ESC
Arrma 4074 2200kv

..... and he commented that needing to shave the corners off the plugs was normal, especially for cheaper/low end items (I think he was referring to the Arrma electrics and my ebay servo). He does this often for his customers.

Also, per my photos, the RX fits standing up inside the receiver box no issue. This is the recommended position per the instructions.

Last edited:
Hi there.
Range question for you please brother.
I've got a V4 K6s and got the Tactic TTX300 (sold with the V3's) and it was a huge improvement. Range was outstanding. Further than I could comfortably see.

I've since got into buggy racing and got an MT-S also with the RX-481.
It's lockdown now and poor weather so I can't test this.
Can you compare range to the old STX2? (which was good for what it's worth).
Or can anyone compare range to the trusty Tactic?

For e-buggy racing, the course is a limited/finite distance, but 6S Arrma's can cover a LOT of ground quickly and can do more damage if you lose control... so I'm a little nervous.

Comments please on Sanwa MT-S and RX-481 thanks.
View attachment 74944View attachment 74945View attachment 74946View attachment 74947

Oh yes - about the tight fit.. yes. I watch a pro fit the electrics of my e-buggy which uses:
RX-481
Ecoboost digital servo (ebay/banggood)
Arrma BLX120 ESC
Arrma 4074 2200kv

..... and he commented that needing to shave the corners off the plugs was normal, especially for cheaper/low end items (I think he was referring to the Arrma electrics and my ebay servo). He does this often for his customers.

Also, per my photos, the RX fits standing up inside the receiver box no issue. This is the recommended position per the instructions.
Sorry buddy, I'm in lock down too. This happened not long after I installed the new receiver. I only had one proper session before the lock down started. I have only sent the car about 50m away from me. No issues, but not really that far. Check out the clip, that my bash buddy made:

Sorry buddy, I'm in lock down too. This happened not long after I installed the new receiver. I only had one proper session before the lock down started. I have only sent the car about 50m away from me. No issues, but not really that far. Check out the clip, that my bash buddy made:
Was that a Kraton 4S or 6S? Body looked 4S but it was fast AF

Thanks for that.... range looks sufficient, I just want it to be similar to the Tactic system I've gotten used to.
Are you Aus? I'm in NZ. I miss my bash buddy. Bashing together brings so much happiness.

Thanks for that.... range looks sufficient, I just want it to be similar to the Tactic system I've gotten used to.
Are you Aus? I'm in NZ. I miss my bash buddy. Bashing together brings so much happiness.
Update:
Stood outside my house and slowly went straightline down the street. Google Maps plots it at about 100 metres and that was at the end of my eyesight comfort Zone..... 100m radius of the pilot is pretty solid range in my books.

Nice testing of the range. 100m is a long way. Yeah that was a 4S Kraton . I was really surprised too. My buddy owns a lot of Arrma cars and reckons it's because the Kraton 4S is lighter, so the speed is still pretty good. He hates the 4S though. He always has problems with it. I can verify that each time we bash, he has issues. Main one is the battery connector coming loose after jumps. For some reason the rear shock comes apart easily. Anyway, he really doesn't like it because of the build quality. He's gonna give it to his brother He has a Mojave which he absolutely loves! I'm in Titahi Bay, Porirua, NZ : )

Nice testing of the range. 100m is a long way. Yeah that was a 4S Kraton . I was really surprised too. My buddy owns a lot of Arrma cars and reckons it's because the Kraton 4S is lighter, so the speed is still pretty good. He hates the 4S though. He always has problems with it. I can verify that each time we bash, he has issues. Main one is the battery connector coming loose after jumps. For some reason the rear shock comes apart easily. Anyway, he really doesn't like it because of the build quality. He's gonna give it to his brother He has a Mojave which he absolutely loves! I'm in Titahi Bay, Porirua, NZ : )

The 04 represent! I'm born and bred in Wgtn from the bronx of Seatoun. I've been in Akl for 15+ years though now. Where is that bash site? it looks glorious. So hard to find anything like that that is not fences off due to H&S.

Wow ! Small world. I grew up in Kilbirnie, went to Rongotai College. Had plenty of friends etc from Seatoun. I'm 45 Ended up in Tbay as we couldn't afford to buy in the city. Yeah, I know, it's hard to find a decent site (harder than I thought). That site is up near the Porirua tip. There is heaps of construction going on up there. We have to get around a fence ( which is mostly symbolic as we literally just walk around it ).

Wow ! Small world. I grew up in Kilbirnie, went to Rongotai College. Had plenty of friends etc from Seatoun. I'm 45 Ended up in Tbay as we couldn't afford to buy in the city. Yeah, I know, it's hard to find a decent site (harder than I thought). That site is up near the Porirua tip. There is heaps of construction going on up there. We have to get around a fence ( which is mostly symbolic as we literally just walk around it ).
Haha.
I'm 40.
Seatoun school, then Scots.
Kilbernie swimming pool bombs off the platforms!
Good to hear Porirua is developing.... it's no longer considered "Far" from CBD.
We'll bash, next time I visit my folks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back