Talion Save your cooling fan blades! Maybe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eatin beaver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Some of you may already know this, but after breaking the fan blades I did some checking.
These motors have some slop and if you hit a bump or in my case, a jump the motor will move just enough to make contact with the bracket.
I used servo grommets to help with the clearance
Blue is my old fan and the red is my replacement with the grommets installed.
These new fans will also be installed vertically.
Hopefully this may help save some fan blades.

69EF1B37-D9ED-4734-96B8-424D38C5A26A.jpeg

8A423E1C-C476-4A5F-9D33-C773B82D483D.jpeg

Hey guys,
Some of you may already know this, but after breaking the fan blades I did some checking.
These motors have some slop and if you hit a bump or in my case, a jump the motor will move just enough to make contact with the bracket.
I used servo grommets to help with the clearance
Blue is my old fan and the red is my replacement with the grommets installed.
These new fans will also be installed vertically.
Hopefully this may help save some fan blades.

View attachment 220251

View attachment 220252
I had the same problem with mine, I will definitely do this on the replacement fans.

Are those plastic? Plastic bodied fans didn't last a single jump session for me. I see alot of people having trouble with fans on 6s rigs, even with expensive fan setups.

For my 3s Granite, the generic Amazon aluminum fan has been incredibly durable. Maybe the smaller 30mm size is more durable, or the fan doesn't take the same abuse on a smaller 3s motor. But I jump pretty high and the fan must get jarred quite a bit. The only problem I've ever had was damage to the wires. With proper wire management, I have never had a problem. I've never broken a fan blade or had them fail from impact.
https://www.amazon.com/Surpass-Rocket-Aluminum-28000RPM-Black-Red/dp/B08348DXTT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=344YNYR38V24A&keywords=30mm+motor+fan&qid=1653778698&s=industrial&sprefix=30mm+motor+fan,industrial,53&sr=1-5&th=1

I recently saw a Facebook group post, and many agreed these fans are incredibly durable. There are larger versions that fit 6s vehicles. Do they not hold up?
https://www.amazon.com/Cooling-Heatsink-28000RPM-Brushless-40x40mm/dp/B09HXZB645/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=21IUBDHMHLF45&keywords=40mm+motor+fan&qid=1653779820&s=industrial&sprefix=,industrial,38&sr=1-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNkxCUjlXQkdZM1BOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTEwODY5MktZVlhXTUoxWUo5VSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzk3MjE5QzIwNzM2NTJaMVpVJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Last edited:
Are those plastic? Plastic bodied fans didn't last a single jump session for me. I see alot of people having trouble with fans on 6s rigs, even with more expensive fan setups.

For the 3s rigs, the generic Amazon aluminum fans are incredibly durable. Maybe the smaller 30mm size is more durable, or because the 3s motor is lighter, shorter, the fan doesn't take the same abuse. But I jump pretty high and the fan must get jarred quite a bit. The only problem I've ever had with them is fraying the wires due to poor wire management. Otherwise, I have never broken a fan blade and they have never failed in any way due to impact.
https://www.amazon.com/Surpass-Rocket-Aluminum-28000RPM-Black-Red/dp/B08348DXTT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=344YNYR38V24A&keywords=30mm+motor+fan&qid=1653778698&s=industrial&sprefix=30mm+motor+fan,industrial,53&sr=1-5&th=1

I recently saw a post on a Facebook forum with many agreeing these fans are incredibly durable. There are larger versions of the same fan. Do they not hold up on 6s vehicles?
Yes you are correct. Cheap plastic casing which do flex. Since my local hobby store took care of me on the exchange I’ll give it another shot.
Next time I’m going to go with the Aluminum frame style.

30mm alu framed fans for the win. They have lasted the longest for myself.
High cost fans for bashing is just a money pit.
Good idea with the grommets, though, even for alu fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back