Kraton Savox 1210sg advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qasim2021

Everyday as it comes...
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So i have brought a Savox 1210sg for my Kraton 6s V4 as recommended from the forum but I was told i need a BEC but was wondering if instead of spending like £80 on a castle BEC and card can I just get a ESC to go on my stock motor then upgrade motor at a later stage when I have more money. Thanks guys as always.

Ok kool but if I wanted to get the full potential what ESC motor combo is recommended as I will be upgrading once I get some money together. Also I have an Absima CR3P will this battery be OK for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200518-203402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-203402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 43
There is a point of diminishing returns, I highly doubt there's any tangible difference between 6v and 7.4v. What would the battery be for, are you looking at that as stop gap until you get a new ESC?

Ok kool but if I wanted to get the full potential what ESC motor combo is recommended as I will be upgrading once I get some money together. Also I have an Absima CR3P will this battery be OK for it.
I wouldn't worry about an external BEC or getting an ESC with a higher BEC output, I have this servo and it's plenty powerful at 6v

If I were you, I would get the adjustable servo saver used on the older 6s models (AR340065). The V4 fixed servo saver isn't tight enough, so regardless of your new servo the steering may still feel sloppy, unless if you use c-clips to tighten it

If you really want a more tunable ESC, the Max6 ESC can be set to 7.4v BEC and is a direct fit upgrade. You can get the motor combo with it too:

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/311923/

I wouldn't worry about an external BEC or getting an ESC with a higher BEC output, I have this servo and it's plenty powerful at 6v

If I were you, I would get the adjustable servo saver used on the older 6s models (AR340065). The V4 fixed servo saver isn't tight enough, so regardless of your new servo the steering may still feel sloppy, unless if you use c-clips to tighten it

If you really want a more tunable ESC, the Max6 ESC can be set to 7.4v BEC and is a direct fit upgrade. You can get the motor combo with it too:

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/311923/

Does the Max 8 have more power? Also can you advise on the transmitter battery pack will it fit?
The only reason I was going to do it was because someone on the forum said to do it but I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:
Does the Max 8 have more power? Also can you advise on the transmitter battery pack will it fit?
The only reason I was going to do it was because someone on the forum said to do it but I'll take your word for it.
No, the Max8 is smaller and is for 1/10 or 1/8. It won't be much of an upgrade

The Max6 is larger and for 1/7 or 1/6 scale, but will fit in a 6s Arrma. It will run cooler and have much more torque. It will just need a higher pinion gear to account for the lower kv

No idea on the battery, sorry... just get some rechargable AAs instead?

Does anyone know the parts you need to make this savox 1210sg compatible with the Kraton v4? It's a little taller and I think you need a spacer for where the servo horn connects to the piece that runs to the steering rack. Also, something like the hot racing servo mount and whatever else. I can't find this info. Thanks a bunch.

Does anyone know the parts you need to make this savox 1210sg compatible with the Kraton v4? It's a little taller and I think you need a spacer for where the servo horn connects to the piece that runs to the steering rack. Also, something like the hot racing servo mount and whatever else. I can't find this info. Thanks a bunch.
You'll want to raise the entire servo up, or you'll bend the plastic arm mounts on the servo when screwing it down, and the servo itself will be sitting on the chassis and won't be protected from shock

Use servo spacers (Google that) or anything else that will pack up the space between the servo and the servo mount. My GPM aluminium servo mount came with small aluminium spacers, but I used some extra plastic ones that I had already

IMG_20200525_085225~2.jpg

Last edited:
You'll want to raise the entire servo up, or you'll bend the plastic arm mounts on the servo when screwing it down, and the servo itself will be sitting on the chassis and won't be protected from shock

Use servo spacers (Google that) or anything else that will pack up the space between the servo and the servo mount. My GPM aluminium servo mount came with small aluminium spacers, but I used some extra plastic ones that I had already

View attachment 83910
Ya, I know that I need spacers for the servo mount but, I don't know what size and the arm that goes from the servo horn to the steering linkage will be out of alignment and need a spacer too and I'm not sure what to put there.

Ya, I know that I need spacers for the servo mount but, I don't know what size and the arm that goes from the servo horn to the steering linkage will be out of alignment and need a spacer too and I'm not sure what to put there.
You're fitting the servo the right way round? Do you have a picture?

I don't have it yet. It's a ton of money for the servo and mount and whatever else I'll need. That servo will sit higher so the plastic piece connecting the servo horn to the steering will sit at an angle. I don't really know what variety of spacer to fit in there and I don't want to spend all that money and not be able to work it out. The servo is like $80 and the mount is... I don't remember but it's going to come to well over $100 for a servo. Thanks for the help.

I didn't need anything special from the servo to the steering arm, just the extra spacer to get it a mm or so from touching the chassis. It worked fine after that.

You could also go with a cheaper servo like the hexfly 25KG red ones. I'm running a hobbystar HCS-4521WP in mine currently and it does pretty good for half the cost of the savox.
2020-0428-Outcast-Hobbystar-HCS-4521wpServo.jpg

I had the savox 1210sg before and it died on me after year on 6V. I fixed it by replacing the fet on the board inside that fried, it died again a few months later, so I gave up and wasn't going to spend that kind of money on it again if I didn't have to.
2019-1025-Outcast-ArmorWerksServoMountSide.jpg

I had the armorwerks alloy mount and made little delrin spacers to raise the servo up so it didn't touch the chassis.

I didn't need anything special from the servo to the steering arm, just the extra spacer to get it a mm or so from touching the chassis. It worked fine after that.

You could also go with a cheaper servo like the hexfly 25KG red ones. I'm running a hobbystar HCS-4521WP in mine currently and it does pretty good for half the cost of the savox.
2020-0428-Outcast-Hobbystar-HCS-4521wpServo.jpg

I had the savox 1210sg before and it died on me after year on 6V. I fixed it by replacing the fet on the board inside that fried, it died again a few months later, so I gave up and wasn't going to spend that kind of money on it again if I didn't have to.
2019-1025-Outcast-ArmorWerksServoMountSide.jpg

I had the armorwerks alloy mount and made little delrin spacers to raise the servo up so it didn't touch the chassis.
Thanks for responding man! If there is a cheaper option that is still better than stock, I will probably choose it. I wonder if that hot racing mount will work well with these servos you mention? Are those servos taller as well like the savox and needing spacers? Thanks a lot buddy.

Thanks for responding man! If there is a cheaper option that is still better than stock, I will probably choose it. I wonder if that hot racing mount will work well with these servos you mention? Are those servos taller as well like the savox and needing spacers? Thanks a lot buddy.
Well, I haven't used that servo for long, just kind of kneejerk purchased it when I wanted to upgrade to a faster servo in my ERBEv2. Seemed to work well, so I got one for the outcast as well. If they are still functional in the fall, then I'd say they are decent.

It's shorter than the savox, I didn't need the extra spacers.

Well, I haven't used that servo for long, just kind of kneejerk purchased it when I wanted to upgrade to a faster servo in my ERBEv2. Seemed to work well, so I got one for the outcast as well. If they are still functional in the fall, then I'd say they are decent.

Well, I think I'm picking up a Notorious soon. Possibly, and I will need one for it too I'm sure. Two of those Hobbywing servos would equal the one Savox like you said so I can get them for both trucks. I'm not buying two Savox servos though. I'll probably pick up the hot racing mount because I don't think you can really get gka parts right now. I looked the other day at least. And if nothing else but the servo is required when using the hobbywing, that makes it more simple too so I may just do that. I'm getting the mount though.. Thanks a lot.

Oh, is that hobbystar servo going to be fine with the stock esc? From what I know, if a device requiring power like the servo is capable of higher voltage, it doesn't matter and it will only draw 6v from the esc. Is that correct? My motor and esc are both stock.

Yep. I ran the 1210SG on the stock esc at 6V as well. I just have mine set to 7.2V because my max6 esc's allow it. You will just see lower torque/speeds at 6V, but it will work fine. The HCS-4521 puts out .13sec/347oz @6V. The savox 1210sg is .15sec/277oz @6V.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back