Outcast Savox 1210sg problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infractiondk

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi
So i just did a servo upgrade on my outcast v4 6s. But i Seem to have run into a problem

i had all my settings on radio dx5c. Set to zero and to 100% travel before i turned on the car. Servi resets good. But nok comes the problem. I cant put the servo horn on in a position Thats good.. if i put it on the Best Way i still haveto set subtrim to mid 40 to get it to track straight.. thats not a problem though. The problem is that now since it has to have lets say 45 subtrim to the left. It cant really turn that much to that side before it rans out of ??turn?? the servo stops Way before the turn limits of the car and Thats is both sides. But one side is Way les turning than the other. Depending on wich Way i have to trim the servo horn
am i missing something here ?

Hi
So i just did a servo upgrade on my outcast v4 6s. But i Seem to have run into a problem

i had all my settings on radio dx5c. Set to zero and to 100% travel before i turned on the car. Servi resets good. But nok comes the problem. I cant put the servo horn on in a position Thats good.. if i put it on the Best Way i still haveto set subtrim to mid 40 to get it to track straight.. thats not a problem though. The problem is that now since it has to have lets say 45 subtrim to the left. It cant really turn that much to that side before it rans out of ??turn?? the servo stops Way before the turn limits of the car and Thats is both sides. But one side is Way les turning than the other. Depending on wich Way i have to trim the servo horn
am i missing something here ?
I have never had a servo that was set right, you always have to trim one way or the other to compensate for the servo spline not lining up with the servo horn.
Try setting up your end points for the radio see if you can adjust the end point on that side to compensate.

I know they don't Line Up Well on 25t. But going all the Way Up to mid 40?? Seems alot

the thing is. I cant set endpoint very High. The servo simply just wont go Any more so i get one side that turns very sharp and the other that dosent.
If the radio is set. To 100 on endpoints. The servo stops turning Way before the max travel for the steering it goes as low as 55 before the servo even starts moving so from 55-100 on endpoint does. Thing on the radio. Servo just reach max ?? Shouldn i be able to atleast max out the steeringwheel max or atleast just close
The Stock arrma servo was Way better at this

I know they don't Line Up Well on 25t. But going all the Way Up to mid 40?? Seems alot

the thing is. I cant set endpoint very High. The servo simply just wont go Any more so i get one side that turns very sharp and the other that dosent.
If the radio is set. To 100 on endpoints. The servo stops turning Way before the max travel for the steering it goes as low as 55 before the servo even starts moving so from 55-100 on endpoint does. Thing on the radio. Servo just reach max ?? Shouldn i be able to atleast max out the steeringwheel max or atleast just close
The Stock arrma servo was Way better at this
Can you adjust the stepping in the menu? Turn down maybe? I have the rugged, and it works perfect with 1270tg.

Can you adjust the stepping in the menu? Turn down maybe? I have the rugged, and it works perfect with 1270tg.
Now you Got me?? Stepping ?? Gee i don't know What that is. ?‍♂️ Does it have another word

Trim setup - Trim step. Try smaller steps.
Have you only adjusted sub trim, or have you used the overall st trim fron the start screen?

This is what i have been doing. I only used subtrim it goes to 40 ish. Before it tracks straight That is fine.
the problem is that now i cant turn very much to the ofrer side Its like the radius the servo Can move in is Way to small
it runs out of turn Way before the car goes full lock ?‍♂️ If i move the horn to the other side Then its just change side

does it makes sense ?

My problem seems to be that the servo simply cant turn enough No if i just put it on in a 90 dec angle on the servo. And leave subtrim at 0 (it dosent run straight ofc!). But it cant turn the steering enough to even hit the end points of the steering. Ther servo it self reach its stop Way Way before

With my OCD I set the horn and make adjustments through the links so my sub trim is never more then 5ish you will never get it perfect trust me lol

I know its not the Big sub trim i have a problem with. Its the problem were my servo dosent Seem to want to turn very much

There is trim, subtrim and travel adjust.
You should be able to add more travel on any channel in any direction.
In your case set travel for the direction you need to 120% or whatever you need.

To limit travel use the rate function in order to no over-extend your servo and burn out the motor.

Seems like there’s something else off here. Have you checked all of the steering components? Are you sure the Ackerman plate isn’t bent? Something isn’t right.

Yah. I know. But thing is after 55 on travel the servo just stops going it dosent move anymore even whit No horn on
If i i put the travel on 100 both side i Can turn the wheel and see when the servo stops But i haven't turned the wheel fully. This is Allso with No horn on

Yah. I know. But thing is after 55 on travel the servo just stops going it dosent move anymore even whit No horn on
If i i put the travel on 100 both side i Can turn the wheel and see when the servo stops But i haven't turned the wheel fully. This is Allso with No horn on
Pics please

Seems like there’s something else off here. Have you checked all of the steering components? Are you sure the Ackerman plate isn’t bent? Something isn’t right.
100 % sure. The Stock servo is working fine and turns like it should
And it turns freely by hand

Disconnect your servo (Savox) from your steering and see if it turn equally in both directions with all trims etc set to neutral. That takes the steering out of the equation and will tell you if you have a servo issue. If it turns equally there is something wrong in your steering setup.

From what I gather above, you think your steering is fine. This is how you will be able to tell.

My steering is as it should be. I just did a test. Going left with full travel on transmitter there is a gap from when the servo stops to the steering wheel is full lock. I have to turn travel on transmitter down to left 61 right 66 before the travel of the wheel fits the servos travel Above 61/66 l/r the wheel can move but servo just stops

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back