Kraton Savox 1210SG Servo Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope just improvising after I got all excited and didn't prepare my work area properly. Now I make sure to have an empty tackle box tray, ready. That way all the parts can be placed in individual compartments, in the order they came off the car. Has made things much better for my quality of work and has reduced the time spent looking for whatever microscopic part I have dropped. For some reason I don't ever drop the big parts. Just the itty bitty little parts.

I've sent off an email to support. It stinks that I have to drop $30 to $100 on this after so little use. Seems as though I'd be upgrading eventually so I ordered a Savox SA-1283SG (I'll waterproof it). Got a nice pretty shower cap that with a little modification will work perfect as a shroud. After watching some videos of the Kraton I've realized that mine worked fine the first time out but then started to not turn as sharp on the second run.

How's the SAVSA1283SG treating you so far? I'm about to order one and want to make sure it's holding up. Are you running a glitch buster or bec?

Last edited:
NO BEC, and I don't notice any glitching or brown outs.

I run the sw1210 in my kraton and my outcast with no bec In the kraton. The outcast is down getting a 12s heart transplant so it will have the talion hv120 bec paired with the box racing 400 amp esc and the castle 2028. So she is down for a bit while I'm figuring out this 12s monster lol.

No need for any type of spacers at all with the hot racing mount and Savox 1210SG? sorry I'm a noob but tired of my servos going out, 2 in 3 weeks on a brand new Kraton.

No need for any type of spacers at all with the hot racing mount and Savox 1210SG? sorry I'm a noob but tired of my servos going out, 2 in 3 weeks on a brand new Kraton.

You might. The mount sits a good bit higher then stock. I even mounted the servo directly to the HR mount and it was still too high. I used 1283sg so you can compare the dimensions.

I agree Mongoose super important to remember to set the Sep. Before running not only is it hard on the servo but also the saver spring from being under constant strain can cause it to lose it's rebound strength imo.

IMG_1329.JPG

I have a V3 Kraton...the servo bottoms out on the stock mount but I just went to the hardware store and bought a couple different options for spacing it up. Gotta love a good ole fashion hardware store over the big chains! Gotta support them so they stick around.

Yeah, mine just came in. I'm flying out tomorrow so I'll just order a hot racing mount and see if that fixes it. Srtting end points, Guess I'll have to read the manual, have no idea what that is or how to do it, so that's likely a cause.

Think I'm gonna see if the hot racing mount fixes the issues. Are those spacers just floating around in the hardware store im assuming.

Looking into the thread and still no one ads BEC for 7.4V where s1210 should go crazy with power

Savox site:
  • Torque @6v - 20.0kg/277.7oz-in
  • Torque @7.4v - 32.0kg/444.4oz-in
  • Speed @6v - 0.15 sec/60 deg
  • Speed @7.4v - 0.13 sec/60 deg
and that is the thing i would like to see but dunno which BEC to take.

Looking into the thread and still no one ads BEC for 7.4V where s1210 should go crazy with power

Savox site:
  • Torque @6v - 20.0kg/277.7oz-in
  • Torque @7.4v - 32.0kg/444.4oz-in
  • Speed @6v - 0.15 sec/60 deg
  • Speed @7.4v - 0.13 sec/60 deg
and that is the thing i would like to see but dunno which BEC to take.
Stall current at 7.4V is 7.4A, so just something with a bit more than that to avoid overworking it. Guessing a 10A BEC would be ok. This is the 15A max one:
https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-CSE010-0153-00-Waterproof-Regulator/dp/B01N5DB3OT

Requires USB programmer for another $20:
https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-CSE011-0119-00-Link-Programming/dp/B0716SH9V8

Not sure if you can use the field card instead, would assume so, at least then it would be useful for other stuff without a computer:
https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-Portable-Programmer-Driving/dp/B002XKH2VU

Nothing like spending $60 for a device to get your $90 device to perform better. :) I'm assuming a 15A bec would give you enough current to be safe as well as let you take the load of any fans off the esc as well. Also, being waterproof is something to consider.

The 15A ones continuous amps for more than 6V, so still enough for that servo:
6.25-8.5V output: 9A

I run a cheap 5A peak one on my stampede just to increase the voltage from 5V to 6V out of my castle esc. It's running a hitec 985MG at 6V, the receiver and a couple fans. Not enough current for the 1210sg though.

The castle 10A one would probably work, but you would be running it pretty hard:
https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-Bec-Switching-Regulator/dp/B000MXAR12

7A continuous, 10A peak.

Last edited:
Stall current at 7.4V is 7.4A, so just something with a bit more than that to avoid overworking it. Guessing a 10A BEC would be ok.
https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-CSE010-0153-00-Waterproof-Regulator/dp/B01N5DB3OT

Nothing like spending $40 for a device to get your $90 device to perform better. :) I'm assuming a 15A bec would give you enough current to be safe as well as let you take the load of any fans off the esc as well. Also, being waterproof is something to consider.

I run a cheap 5A peak one on my stampede just to increase the voltage from 5V to 6V out of my castle esc. It's running a hitec 985MG at 6V, the receiver and a couple fans. Not enough current for the 1210sg though.

The castle 10A one would probably work, but you would be running it pretty hard:
https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creations-Bec-Switching-Regulator/dp/B000MXAR12

7A continuous, 10A peak.

Plus USB stick 20 $

:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back