Kraton Savox 2290 SG making noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
This servo works great but it sure don’t sound good! Is this normal and would a glitch buster stop it. It’s vibrating and making noise like when it’s in a bind and it is hot 🥵

image.jpg

All my savox servo’s are loud. They make a buzz sound when there is any load on them at all. I have had good luck with them in multiple rigs but they all make the same telltale sound. It bothers some people but I have gotten used to it.

Mine does the same thing once the rig is on but still works fine

Well I guess if it’s normal I’ll try not to worry about it. It sounds like it’s dying but it still turns the hell out of my XLKRATON with 20mm JBI hub extensions. The Reefs I &been using are so quiet

Savox sucks.
Noise is a sign of poor quality, mismatched components, poorly designed. Cheap Pots. etc. Will it work?? Yes. Is it correct? NO. Especially at Savox prices.
Learned my lesson with several Savox's. You can keep them.
A noisy servo is just no good. (n) (n)
If you understand how Servos work, you will agree.
They should not howl and whine and buzz when not under load and at idle, assuming ST Endpoints are done correctly, etc. With NO Binding anywhere in the Steering bellcrank.
Noise contributes and equates to High Idle Stall amps. Inefficient. Struggling to remain at Center when Idle.(n) (cheap Potentiometers IMHO and/or binding servo geartrains)
A glitch Buster is just a cheap band-aid for a subpar expensive Savox. Glitch buster will do absolutely nothing for you with noise.
This is Not what a Glitch Buster is used for. It is used to prevent Rx Brown outs. Which can also be a problem with some Savox high powered servos. A different issue altogether.

Last edited:
Which Promodeler is best for a heavy 6s EXB? Also how long did the shipping take? I really want to try one out. Are they really better than the Reefs Raw 500?
505, 630 and 635 are all great, prefer speed so that's why I went 635

Are you on stock spectrum? Because they all might be too much for your ESC built in bec

No matter which of those you get its way better then the stock one. I run the 505 on my stock Spektrum and as long as I make sure its all adjusted perfect. As in end points I haven't had problems. At first I didn't have it perfect and I could steer back and forth fast and it would shut down and restart the system. Took a while to figure out what it was but now that it's set I have ran 4 packs through with no problem. After market ESC would be best and when mine goes out I will be going that route.

No matter which of those you get its way better then the stock one. I run the 505 on my stock Spektrum and as long as I make sure its all adjusted perfect. As in end points I haven't had problems. At first I didn't have it perfect and I could steer back and forth fast and it would shut down and restart the system. Took a while to figure out what it was but now that it's set I have ran 4 packs through with no problem. After market ESC would be best and when mine goes out I will be going that route.
Turning down the voltage helps too. They all draw less amps with less volts. These things are still plenty strong on 6v

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back