Outcast Savox cnc??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't and have been looking at it. I've seen a 15% coupon at hopmeup.com and thought about pulling trigger. I currently run a 1230 in my kraton.

I don't and have been looking at it. I've seen a 15% coupon at hopmeup.com and thought about pulling trigger. I currently run a 1230 in my kraton.
I’ve ordered one for my Typhon but thinking to put it’s bigger but slightly slower brother in my outcast

I just ordered this direct from the manufacturer. I emailed them and asked about the failure that I saw on an Youtube video about it. They responded-

"When the 2290 and 2292 servos were first launched in late 2017 there were issues with that gear pressing breaking from the initial batch of servos. This has been corrected, and there are no longer issues with them breaking."

Since I have this in writing, and bought from them- I will hold them to it. :)

And instead what would you suggest? In a size that should be plug and play without needing a new mount and shimming?

And instead what would you suggest? In a size that should be plug and play without needing a new mount and shimming?
Anything that has enough torque is going to require a new mount or some modding, the stock mount flex really starts to show when you add in a higher torque servo. You can eliminated most of the flex by using longer screws in through the bottom of the chassis and through the servo side as well. I wouldn't go longer than 20mm or so just so the screws don't hit each other.
I have the Savox 1211Sg which is the exact same size as the 1210sg and It was a direct fit, didn't need any shims or anything to make it fit. The 1211sg on 7.4v is really nice. The 1210sg on 6v is pretty good too, a bit slow for me though. The 1210SG is pretty much the go to servo for a direct replacement. If you want more speed the 1211sg would be a the better option, best when run on a 7.4v bec. I've been spoiled by fast servos, my slowest servo is the servo on my Typhon 0.14 and I find that slow, compared to my next slowest servo at 0.11.

Last edited:
You said it is weak- yet it spanks both the servos you mentioned, both tq & speed, both 6v and higher.

Are you looking at the same page?

https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts...roducts/savsb2292sg-monster-performance-black
Yes but it also costs almost twice as much as both of the servos I mentioned. As I said for the price you would expect much more torque than that. For me it is too expensive for what it does. Both of those I mentioned above are a direct fit, the 1210Sg on 6v is plenty of torque and both are great at 7.4V
All you are paying for with a servo like that is the pretty case.

Last edited:
They have a high tq version for the same price. No need...

They also give a military discount, free shipping and no tax.

So yea- this is brushless, the ones you mentioned aren’t.

This has 3 bearings, yours has 2.

This has more tq, more speed

So yea- it should cost more...

They have a high tq version for the same price. No need...

They also give a military discount, free shipping and no tax.

So yea- this is brushless, the ones you mentioned aren’t.

This has 3 bearings, yours has 2.

This has more tq, more speed

So yea- it should cost more...

Brushless vs coreless at same speed and torque you will never notice a difference, just the price of the servo motor.

I have never had a servo fail on me because one of the bearings failed.... stock servo stripped the gears, because they are made out of brass, and all the others let out the magic smoke, neither of which would be affected by the bearings.

You could buy the 1211SG and a castle BEC set to 7.4v, and still be at less than what that servo costs. You will also have more torque at the same speed. I am pretty sure that Savox will give you the military discount, free shipping and no tax on the 1211SG too and I think Castle has a military discount as well

Now you see why I do not see any value in buying that servo. And why I say all you are paying for is a pretty case.

I disagree.

Using the argument that you don’t notice the differences doesn’t invalidate them.

Might as well have someone that has never broken a stock servo say any other servo is a waste of money.

Stop shitposting.

Well I’ve ordered it so I’ll let you know how it performs. I’d rather have too much power and not need it all than not have enough. Have you guys noticed how much plastic case servos flex in their housings? Another reason that the pretty case isn’t just for looks. My outcast has a 20a switchable ubec on board so the 50kg monster will be feed as much power as it likes. I did see a Futaba servo the other day that was 70kg, I could hardly turn it. Expensive at £170

Futaba makes some great stuff. Always hear good things about their radios. Last time I checked their radios had about twice the range as any other radio. But some of them cost $$$

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back