Kraton Savox SA-1230 too tall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darvid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all need some help
I can’t catch a break

so I bought the DS cheap servo died instantly

I bought the SA1230 but it seams to be to tall

can I make it work some how ?
Anyone use this servo ?

A16C161E-1E37-470E-98A2-E67D18C8F111.png

I found this photo
I was going to try this
I know the exb mount has different height posts to accommodate taller servos.
Awesome good to know
A16C161E-1E37-470E-98A2-E67D18C8F111.png

I found this photo
I was going to try this

Awesome good to know
57D091C3-A0B4-4A78-BE73-47927A487AF8.jpeg

hight difference

Secure it to the mount then to the chassis. Order the hr servo mount. Its more tall then stock. I have the same servo. Used it as described till I purchased the hr servo mount.

Yeah a taller servo needs to be spaced. It must not touch the chassis when mounted. Must be raised from the chassis. (2mm gap min.)Very imortant. Also when raised, watch that the servo arm remains level with the belcrank arm. Spacer may be needed at the servo arm also to compensate. If the arm is not level or too extreme as a result, you may lose some servo torque transfer.

You'll need 5mm spacers to mount a 1230sg servo. I have 1230sg servos in all but one Arrma cars.

Last edited:
SA1230 is an awesome fast servo. Aparently not WP. Use that in my Tekno MT. Required some minor spacing also.
All my Arrma 6s rigs now get the DS3235's. 1210's are junk by comparison, IMHO.

Yeah a taller servo needs to be spaced. It must not touch the chassis when mounted. Must be raised from the chassis. (2mm gap min.)Very imortant. Also when raised, watch that the servo arm remains level with the belcrank arm. Spacer may be needed at the servo arm also to compensate. If the arm is not level or too extreme as a result, you may lose some servo torque transfer.
Secure it to the mount then to the chassis. Order the hr servo mount. Its more tall then stock. I have the same servo. Used it as described till I purchased the hr servo mount.
thank you
Th
I use the 1230 with a crcu tall mount. Works a treat. 1230 is awesome as it gives all its power at 6v. Perfect for stock systems. View attachment 169362View attachment 169363
Thank you for the photos, big help
SA1230 is an awesome fast servo. Aparently not WP. Use that in my Tekno MT. Required some minor spacing also.
All my Arrma 6s rigs now get the DS3235's. 1210's are junk by comparison, IMHO.
I tried the DS32 however I got a lemon had no power and died before I even used 50% 1 battery
I also set the end points
Hi all again thank you all for your input just noticed another detail
The voltage is 6v as per the specs however the V5 is 7.2v standard

do I need to change my settings and turn it down to 6v?
or be fine to run 7.2

this is what happens when you go
To a hobby store and buy stuff and ask stuff rather buy online and see all the details

Last edited:

thank you
Th

I tried the DS32 however I got a lemon had no power and died before I even used 50% 1 battery

or be fine to run 7.2

To a hobby store and buy stuff and ask stuff rather buy online and see all the details
Photo of standard specs

18A3BA48-4042-4EE1-AFB0-F56AF587F4E2.png

thank you
Th

or be fine to run 7.2

Drop ESC BEC to 6v. Max. listed running voltage and output is published at 6v. No advantage to running higher volts. Just creating much heat and potential failure with that expensive Servo. At 6.v my 1230 runs rather warm in my my MT410 as it is. But its flawless.
Don't fry that 1230sg.:cool:

Drop ESC BEC to 6v. Max. listed running voltage and output is published at 6v. No advantage to running higher volts. Just creating much heat and potential failure with that expensive Servo. At 6.v my 1230 runs rather warm in my my MT410 as it is. But its flawless.
Exactly why I rate it for stock systems. Beast of a servo. Even if it is a savox 🤣👍.

Thank you, yep done this before even plugging in the servo. Did not want to rink killing yet another servo
Have killed 4 servos in 12 months
1 was my fault 100% rest normal use with end points set

ds32 lasted 10min with end points set
2 spectrum servos stock (1 warranty)
1 Savox 1270 (my fault)
Thank you, yep done this before even plugging in the servo. Did not want to rink killing yet another servo
Have killed 4 servos in 12 months
1 was my fault 100% rest normal use with end points set

ds32 lasted 10min with end points set
2 spectrum servos stock (1 warranty)
1 Savox 1270 (my fault)
really over replacing them

An Sa-1270 bricked also ... $Ouch$.
Yeah you are having a streak of bad luck with servos.:( Crap happens. I would be gun shy with servos also, if I were you. You seem to understand them well enough.:cool:

An Sa-1270 bricked also ... $Ouch$.
Yeah you are having a streak of bad luck with servos.:( Crap happens. I would be gun shy with servos also, if I were you. You seem to understand them well enough.:cool:
Yeah was very Disappointed after killed the 1270 in 10min with no warranty as it was my fault
I purchased a Savox horn as well as the spectrum was 23 tooth count
However the offset was not right and the bolt was rubbing on top of the servo, gouging it.
Cooked it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back