Outcast Savox Servo is Night and Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyjoe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
After stripping two Arrma servo gears and being frustrated with the turn and return speeds of the stock servo, I ordered a Savox 1210SG and holy cow - it's night and day. The servo saver design requires good torque and stiff mounts, lest it stop working well when dirty or not perfectly lubed.

I have a GKA servo mount and it isn't actually tall enough for the Savox, so I had to use the plastic spacers. That diminishes the awesome stiffness of the GKA slightly but it's better than the stock mount.

I'll try to source some spacers or something to get it back to 100% but so far, the gears and torque on the Savox are awesome.

Btw - anyone know of any cool mounts for a Racers Edge glitch buster? The cap is pretty big and doesn't fit in the receiver box.

I've got the same capacitor to fit in my RX box, and many others have as well.

Good to know! Just by cramming it in, or is there a better strategy? I'd hate to knock out a channel from the cap bouncing inside the box if I do it wrong!

Good to know! Just by cramming it in, or is there a better strategy? I'd hate to knock out a channel from the cap bouncing inside the box if I do it wrong!

It's pretty straight forward. Just point the cap wires toward the receiver wires and lay it on top of the receiver. It takes a little finesse, but don't force anything.

I can open mine for a photo if you have trouble.

I too have the 1210SG, with the GKA brace...and dimensionally I had no issues as far as fitment with regard to height.
Slotted in perfectly.
I had to notch the inner edge of the mount to slip it down because the wire out on the Savox is located higher up on the servo case than is the case with the stock servo...a little Dremel action and she fit right in like a glove.
As for mounting method, I opted not to jam it in to the rx case...didn't want to mess with cramming stuff in, or interfere with the signal to the rx.
Posted this a few moments ago in another thread by Armydad;

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/savox-sw-1210sg-w-glitch-buster.3277/

After stripping two Arrma servo gears and being frustrated with the turn and return speeds of the stock servo, I ordered a Savox 1210SG and holy cow - it's night and day. The servo saver design requires good torque and stiff mounts, lest it stop working well when dirty or not perfectly lubed.

I have a GKA servo mount and it isn't actually tall enough for the Savox, so I had to use the plastic spacers. That diminishes the awesome stiffness of the GKA slightly but it's better than the stock mount.

I'll try to source some spacers or something to get it back to 100% but so far, the gears and torque on the Savox are awesome.

Btw - anyone know of any cool mounts for a Racers Edge glitch buster? The cap is pretty big and doesn't fit in the receiver box.
I have the same service o but I don't k or how to get the two units to work together. Can you help please. Thank

It's just a capacitor - like a battery. It buffers electricity so lots of sudden action doesn't cause electrical stutters. It doesn't really do anything active.

What are you expecting it to do exactly? Plug it in to channel 3. That's it, nothing more. Go bash.
Well that is what I wanted but it did not do that so I went back unplugged it looked at the wires and then plugged it back in. My dumb ass had it backwards lol. So it is working now. But for some reason after I turned off the receiver the truck took off like a bat out of hell. Opps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back