Kraton Savox SW-1210SG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
After adding 2 clips to my servo saver and venting the rubber of the tires while sealing the rim, my steering still is just not good enough for me. In my pursuit to get my V5 K6S to steer on grass I have ordered the Hot racing aluminum steering servo mount, fixed servo arm, switching the bushings to bearings, and a Savox SW-1210SG. My question is, is the Savox with that mount a direct drop in, or do I need some sort of spacers somewhere? My searches have left me confused with some people saying you need spacers somewhere and other people saying you don't need spacers.
Additionally, should I switch my ESC BEC to 7.4V for the new servo, or is that a fast way to premature electronics death?
Finally, do I need to plug in the glitch buster that is coming with my servo into the BATT port on my receiver? I'm already using AUX1 for lights. I know a lot of people say you don't need to, but I'm not using the BATT port for anything.

One day a diff will explode and give me the will to tear the car down enough to learn how to fill the diffs with 60k/500k/20k (f/c/r). The Copperhead 2's are looking good still, but when those are done I will get some backflips on there. Hopefully with all that I can finally get the Kraton to turn like I want it to. If it doesn't, I will just sulk and buy a Mojave or a Typhon.

Front left wheel keeps loosening up halfway through a pack as well. Haven't got that figured yet. So much to learn!

To my knowledge, the Savox needs some work to make it fit. You will have to mill out the alu mount to make the cable work, it's doable though.
Savox is probably the worst servo to pick but it's your money. Generally they are overpriced and under-performing compared to any other servo.
No need for a glitchbuster, throw it away. Dial up the voltage to the recommended spec of the servo. Receiver will tolerate a lot more.

Wheelnuts - try a little blue loctite on the nut, worked wonders for me but lately I just torque the crapola out of them and it works.

Before you buy all that stuff, place your Kratoin on a high friction surface and take a look at servo horn, servo saver and ultimately the wheels. Carpet is ideal. Turn the steering and take a look what happens, servo not pushing all the way or is it getting lost in the servo saver or is something binding?
Take a look underneath the steering column, is the 'Ackerman' plate straight? Very common for it to bend, it's very soft. Needs to be straight.

Preferred Servo by many is a DS3235kg from Amazon or ebay, cheap and works. You can buy 2-3 over the price of a Savox and they will not disappoint.
On the high end is a Protek. Savox is no longer considered by many, just recommended by LHS.

Don't have to tell me twice not to drop 85 bucks on the Savox. My research was a good few years old in the Savox. Is the DS a drop in solution?

I've noticed a lot of flex in the servo mount when turning the wheels, haven't checked the Ackerman plate yet, but I don't send the car ever so I'm hoping it ain't bent.

My reasoning for hoping the diff fluid would make a difference is that on grass the truck just lifts the inside front wheel completely off thee ground and ballons it. Maybe thicker sway bars? Or maybe I just have too much expectation for a MT on field grass.
Reefs 500 raw strong servo
Protek 350 omg this servo is smooth as fk
I have both servos typhon runs reefs eb48 runs protek on 6s. Typhon diff is 100/500/60
I will look at those two, thanks!

DS3235kg is a drop in.
This won't help you any (or any other servo) unless to tighten up the servo saver some more. Based on your observation, all the force is getting lost in the servo saver. The wheels should at least travel 3/4 of the way on a carpet, gras is a little more forgiving.

Many vendors have these and they are all the same, this one is on sale. If you have time you can get them from China in 2-3 weeks for half the price.
https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Core...id=1618195460&sprefix=DS3235kg,aps,212&sr=8-1

DS3235kg is a drop in.
This won't help you any (or any other servo) unless to tighten up the servo saver some more. Based on your observation, all the force is getting lost in the servo saver. The wheels should at least travel 3/4 of the way on a carpet, gras is a little more forgiving.

Many vendors have these and they are all the same, this one is on sale. If you have time you can get them from China in 2-3 weeks for half the price.
https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Coreless-Stainless-Waterproof-Standard/dp/B07SWW9NDR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SEPS5LA8IO6H&dchild=1&keywords=ds3235kg+servo&qid=1618195460&sprefix=DS3235kg,aps,212&sr=8-1
This above. i run the 35kg amazon special in all of my 6s rigs at 7.4v and it's worked great for me.

I'm just hoping to not have to change diff fluids to tighten the turn radius.

I checked where all the movement looks to be going. On tile I got about 2/3 movement and 1/2 on a high friction surface (my jacket laid flat haha). On the tile the servo saver activated (opened up) a very small amount at the end of the wheels travel. There was also a good bit of flex in the servo mount. On high friction there was about the same amount of mount flex and the saver activated quite a bit. I guess two clips didn't get it as tight as I thought. Even when it's tight the servo doesn't seem strong enough though.

Edit: so the rig should be fine on 7.4v with otherwise stock electronics? Will that give the motor more punch as well?

I'm just hoping to not have to change diff fluids to tighten the turn radius.

I checked where all the movement looks to be going. On tile I got about 2/3 movement and 1/2 on a high friction surface (my jacket laid flat haha). On the tile the servo saver activated (opened up) a very small amount at the end of the wheels travel. There was also a good bit of flex in the servo mount. On high friction there was about the same amount of mount flex and the saver activated quite a bit. I guess two clips didn't get it as tight as I thought. Even when it's tight the servo doesn't seem strong enough though.

Edit: so the rig should be fine on 7.4v with otherwise stock electronics? Will that give the motor more punch as well?
You have to up the punch on the esc. bec voltage is just what is going to the receiver. I run 60/1m/30 diff fluid front to rear in all my rigs. I run 7.4v on my stock receivers on mine just fine.

You have to up the punch on the esc. bec voltage is just what is going to the receiver. I run 60/1m/30 diff fluid front to rear in all my rigs. I run 7.4v on my stock receivers on mine just fine.
Ah, I understand now, just to the receiver. Would that affect an accessory like lights plugged into the receiver or heatsink fans plugged into the ESC cooling fan port (powerhobby dual fan heatsink)? I imagine those will only draw what they need so it shouldn't be an issue.

Ah, I understand now, just to the receiver. Would that affect an accessory like lights plugged into the receiver or heatsink fans plugged into the ESC cooling fan port (powerhobby dual fan heatsink)? I imagine those will only draw what they need so it shouldn't be an issue.
Yes it could affect them. I know my yeah racing dual fan setups on my typhon still work fine on 7.4v.

typhon8.jpg

I think Savox servos are too expensive for bashers, but I use them in all my race kits.

If you don't like your steering now, 60k/500k/20k is going to make it worse.

Really? I thought it would keep the front under more control and reduce understeer?
I'm not in tune enough to notice on my rigs and i run 1m in the center :ROFLMAO: I run on grass/gravel though so it's already power sliding a lot in the rocks.

DS3235kg is a drop in.

https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Coreless-Stainless-Waterproof-Standard/dp/B07SWW9NDR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SEPS5LA8IO6H&dchild=1&keywords=ds3235kg+servo&qid=1618195460&sprefix=DS3235kg,aps,212&sr=8-1
+1 on these, I have one in my Kraton EXB and it works really well. I also use the 25kg version on my 3S senton and Tamiya cars - they're super cheap and probably not the last word in speed but seem really strong and are perfect for bashing with.

Really? I thought it would keep the front under more control and reduce understeer?

What does thicker oil do? It makes it harder for the left and right wheels to turn at different speeds. That reduces steering.

What does thicker oil do? It makes it harder for the left and right wheels to turn at different speeds. That reduces steering.
Oh, good point. My thought process was that it would reduce the overall speed of the front wheels slightly keeping them from ballooning and keeping the inside wheel on the ground. I suppose the more proper way to get the front inside wheel on the ground is going to be a stiffer suspension or maybe a stiffer sway bar? I'll have to see what happens after the new steering stuff comes in and a tighten the servo save to 3, maybe 4 c-clips. Maybe the saver is just not allowing the wheels to turn enough at speed. Would that keep the inside wheel off the ground though? So much to learn! I needed a hobby haha

Don't have to tell me twice not to drop 85 bucks on the Savox. My research was a good few years old in the Savox. Is the DS a drop in solution?

I've noticed a lot of flex in the servo mount when turning the wheels, haven't checked the Ackerman plate yet, but I don't send the car ever so I'm hoping it ain't bent.

My reasoning for hoping the diff fluid would make a difference is that on grass the truck just lifts the inside front wheel completely off thee ground and ballons it. Maybe thicker sway bars? Or maybe I just have too much expectation for a MT on field grass.

I will look at those two, thanks
I did have flex before on servo until I added hot racing servo mount and changed diff fluid.
I bought these servos 2 yrs ago.

When I dirt bash i swap diffs out to 30/500/60
But I bashed yesterday on 100/500/60 on 6s 29/46 for 20 minutes highest temp was 109

Back