SBR 2.0 must do mod !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
I have driven my SBR 2.0 a couple times now , and can see what people are saying about the rear cage flex on it . I can see in the videos when it lands the rear back of the cage flexes down so much that it hit s the ground ( the spare tires ) and rebounds the back of the truck upward . I can't take the credit for this easy quick inexpensive improvement , Earl Moorhead is the vid I watched .
I drove it again tonight and what a difference , it's pretty much made the back of the truck solid looking .

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4513.JPG

Nice job. Earl M is very creative . Nice tip. I like his vids. He is a serious RC'er and comes with a lot of experience. (y) His strength is Speed running I feel.

I found his vid where he realizes how much flex there is was kind of funny. He was almost speechless in the vid and added some written comments like "This is horrible" comments in the editing.

It turns out he found quite a solid fix for this problem. RC cars tinkering at it finest! It sort of makes you wonder how Losi could have missed that flaw and given the GO for production.

Well. No. Mine is taken apart at the moment. Waiting in the correct parts. Hobby shop gave me a bunch of stuff losi hoppups for a baja Rey well it’s for the most part all different.

Only got the truck yesterday. Printed a side plate from Thingiverse but didn't install it. The metal solution up top kind probably makes the plastic around it to break, I think :unsure:. After all the forces on impact have to go somewhere...

• Just changed fluid in rear diff to mix of 500k and 20 Million.
  • Stronger springs from "Schwaben-Tec".
  • Lower end of rear shocks going back one hole. (Had a look at full size Desert Racers. The lower spring position is closer to the rear wheel than that of the SBR. Seems that modification did the trick for "German RC Playground" too.)
  • Perhaps moving top and bottom shock position back one hole.
  • Might go to a lot thicker shock oil.
  • All that should stop it from rolling over all the time.

Plus Silicon (instead fo shoo goo) and tape in fender areas of body.
Have not driven it yet. Buddies SBR just kept rolling over all the time and that prevented me from buying it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back