Typhon School me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Right all the cross over is getting a little bit confusing! Obviously I what the models are but I’m right in thinking a lot share certain parts be it chassis, A-arms etc.

I’ve had a quick search but can up blank so can you guys explain what similarities the Typhon, Kraton, Talion etc share?

The main differences can be broke down to 2 things - length and width.

Lets start with length-

The typhon, outcast, notorious are all the same chassis.

The kraton is the same chassis just a little longer in the rear to move the rear wheels back. This also has a longer rear driveshaft and chassis brace.

Think about a pickup truck- you can have a 6 foot bed or an 8 foot bed.

The Talion is the oddball- same length as the kraton, but the electrical parts mount different locations so the weight is a little further back.

Now lets do width-

The A-arms are longer or shorter to make the car more narrow or wider. The axles and shocks are also longer or shorter to fit.

The narrowest is the Senton

The Typhon arms are a little wider

Then the other trucks are wider again and share the same bits.

I must say if the Talion was out longer than that Kraton and at the time I purchased mine has as many reviews, I think I would have had a difficult time telling the difference between the two. Of all RC car's I find these two the hardest to separate

There are 4 widths that can be had.
Shortarms with typhon/talion hubs
Shortarms with Kraton/Outcast hubs
Longarms with typhon/talion hubs
Longarms with Kraton/Outcast hubs
The second one is not on a stock Arrma it would be what is called a trugified typhon. The other 3 setups is what Arrma uses for their different cars widths.

There are 4 widths that can be had.
Shortarms with typhon/talion hubs
Shortarms with Kraton/Outcast hubs
Longarms with typhon/talion hubs
Longarms with Kraton/Outcast hubs
The second one is not on a stock Arrma it would be what is called a trugified typhon. The other 3 setups is what Arrma uses for their different cars widths.
I broke a rear hub on my Talion which is the only truck I own that doesn't have the HR alumni upgrades. I have a box of all my stock parts that have been replaced by upgrades (tried selling bit no takers). I went and grabbed a Kraton rear hub and immediately saw it was the wrong one. I went and grabbed a Typhon rear hub and bingo!

Do the Talion and the Typhon share the same hubs. The axle stubs seem to be the Kraton/Outcast ones, correct? What about the hexes? Does the Talion use the Typhon hexes or the Kraton hexes?

Do the Talion and the Typhon share the same hubs. The axle stubs seem to be the Kraton/Outcast ones, correct? What about the hexes? Does the Talion use the Typhon hexes or the Kraton hexes?

From what I found last week looking through the parts diagrams and ordering parts for my Talion, a Talion uses Typhon hubs, Kraton/Outcast hexes, and its own axle stub (part of the axle going through the hub/hex).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back