Limitless Scorched full length GT build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between last night and today I got some more work done. Servo and linkage installed. Both front lower HR hinge pin mounts along with GPM lower arms. Good thing I had extra of the V1 pillar balls since the thread pitch is different on the V2 arms so they wouldn’t work with the GPM arms. Put 500k fluid in the front diff. I’ll get around to the rear later. And installed the batwing. I’m going to give the HR front shock tower a try. Since I’m using spacers to lower the front I’d like a little more adjustability. With the current available holes I’m either a little lower than I’d like or a little higher.
image.jpg

Got my Saga gears installed on the spool and on the 1721 that spent 2 weeks in the Post Office yet they couldn’t find it even though I went there in person multiple times. Also soldered on the QS8 bullets to the ESC wires. For the 300mm sensor wire I just folded it a couple times, put some heat shrink around it, and then covered it with the loom you see to clean things up. Hopefully I’ll get more done tomorrow. I’m going to try to take the other car out for some test passes.
A6435DFF-2EC2-4BF5-BFD7-E7659A33E5B3.jpeg
F16E4C1E-5EDA-4C40-B130-DE4713DC4BA3.jpeg

Got a little more done. This is my first build without using a receiver box so there’s nowhere to stuff all the extra wiring. So I cut the leads to the XLX2 and servo and made them waaaay shorter. Then crimped on new connectors and she’s good to go. I think it looks pretty decent. It is now a running car. Still have to change the rear diff oil, shim the front hub bearings to get rid of a little slop, set the toe and camber, figure out how I want to deal with the rx antennas, and of course the body.

Edit: Also need to drill and countersink the chassis for the scorched battery strap holders.
7E132508-D8DF-4EF0-BC4A-8B6FAC01F086.jpeg

Got a little more done. This is my first build without using a receiver box so there’s nowhere to stuff all the extra wiring. So I cut the leads to the XLX2 and servo and made them waaaay shorter. Then crimped on new connectors and she’s good to go. I think it looks pretty decent. It is now a running car. Still have to change the rear diff oil, shim the front hub bearings to get rid of a little slop, set the toe and camber, figure out how I want to deal with the rx antennas, and of course the body.

Edit: Also need to drill and countersink the chassis for the scorched battery strap holders.
View attachment 268821
Lookin' pretty slick there Fruity!! Nice job bro, she's a looker (y)

Lookin' pretty slick there Fruity!! Nice job bro, she's a looker (y)
Thanks Sizzle Chest!! Decided to just run sensorless so it looks cleaner. I monitor temps anyway and this motor really doesn’t cog bad at all. Unlike my 4080

Thanks Sizzle Chest!! Decided to just run sensorless so it looks cleaner. I monitor temps anyway and this motor really doesn’t cog bad at all. Unlike my 4080
Been jumpin' around up there with the hot mops, eh? Yeah, the 4080 is a bit coggy by comparison. I was running the 1721 sensorless in my VTE too, just to keep it minimalist...ascetic if you will. I already have a sensor wire mounted in the Infraction so I always run Castle motors sensored in there. I love how little resistance the 1721 has. Sometimes it almost feels like the motor isn't engaged.

Been jumpin' around up there with the hot mops, eh? Yeah, the 4080 is a bit coggy by comparison. I was running the 1721 sensorless in my VTE too, just to keep it minimalist...ascetic if you will. I already have a sensor wire mounted in the Infraction so I always run Castle motors sensored in there. I love how little resistance the 1721 has. Sometimes it almost feels like the motor isn't engaged.
Yea that definitely threw me off. I thought my sheeeit be broken yo!!

View attachment 268821
Tastfully done my friend. All the right bling. 😍

Tastfully done my friend. All the right bling. 😍
Thank you sir!! I’m not really for adding bling just for the sake of being blingy. Lol. I do, however, like a clean build. Just my personal preference. That’s part of what makes this hobby so enjoyable for me. Believe it or not everything on there removes slop.

I absolutely know that 💯. That's why it's all the right "bling" 😉👍 nothing extra just to be extra.
That being said, have you thought about spinning wheels and curb feelers? 😆
Those are currently on his '64 Impala :LOL:

I absolutely know that 💯. That's why it's all the right "bling" 😉👍 nothing extra just to be extra.
That being said, have you thought about spinning wheels and curb feelers? 😆
Yea bro. I’m gonna speed run with dubs and two 12’s in the trunk.
Those are currently on his '64 Impala :LOL:
The Hood loves me.

Thank you sir!! I’m not really for adding bling just for the sake of being blingy. Lol. I do, however, like a clean build. Just my personal preference. That’s part of what makes this hobby so enjoyable for me. Believe it or not everything on there removes slop.
No sloppy toppy.

So @TN-RC sent me an oversized splitter at my request so I could trim it down to fit behind the FC100 body. Forgot to take a before pic but it looked nothing like this. Body almost clicks in there. VERY solid up front. All I had was a dremel and sandpaper but I think it’s fine. Won’t see it anyways. Did a little sanding and final trimming to the body. Laying down paint now.
2F6F2EE3-5139-4742-894B-96508CAF21E0.jpeg

A46155F7-649E-42D9-A7FB-50923F4F146F.jpeg

I admittedly suck at bodies. That’s my Achilles heel when it comes to RC. This came out pretty decent I think. I’ll get more pics in the sun. I laid down one coat of the iridescent paint and realized I forgot the window masks. Lol. Came out cool. Windows are clear when light is behind them.
7073EA45-C9EE-4DCD-A3C8-419B0B90FEFB.jpeg

F1B2262E-C642-460E-AAB4-965191889C6A.jpeg

Last edited:
I admittedly suck at bodies. That’s my Achilles heel when it comes to RC. This came out pretty decent I think. I’ll get more pics in the sun. I laid down one coat of the iridescent paint and realized I forgot the window masks. Lol. Came out cool. Windows are clear when light is behind them. View attachment 270075
View attachment 270076
That's a trippy looking color bro. I think I like it.

That's a trippy looking color bro. I think I like it.
Thanks. I don’t have to tell you but pics don’t do it justice. It’s wild. First coat was Tamiya PS-46 (Purple/green). Second coat was PS-47 (Pink/Gold). Third coat was PS-46 again. Backer was Traxxas Metallic black since that’s all my LHS had left. I’ll never buy Traxxas paint again. Horrible. Sprays worse than a calcium clogged shower head. Thankfully it was only the backer.

Back