Limitless Scorched full length GT build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your dad hope he gets better and hope you enjoyed your vacay. The ride Looks sweet man. At his point just condemn this to a shelf queen and send your V1 lol
Thanks. Unfortunately he’s only gonna get worse. And I don’t do shelf queens. It’s impossible for me to look at an RC and not run it. 🤣 I’m waiting on some spacers so I can get the ride height right where I want it. It’s a little too low in the front with the spacers I have.

Thanks. Unfortunately he’s only gonna get worse. And I don’t do shelf queens. It’s impossible for me to look at an RC and not run it. 🤣 I’m waiting on some spacers so I can get the ride height right where I want it. It’s a little too low in the front with the spacers I have.
Been an amazing build to follow. Got great inspiration from it. So what kinda speeds you been getting outta it?

Been an amazing build to follow. Got great inspiration from it. So what kinda speeds you been getting outta it?

Hey man. I appreciate it. I’m OCD about a lot of stuff and I just like the build. For certain reasons I haven’t been out speed running in quite some time. I’ve also been doing FPV drones so there’s that. During my initial testing she ran straight as an arrow but I only hit around 120mph. Geared for 8s but it was a 4s pass. Maybe 5s. I don’t recall. I’ll get back out there when life tells me to I guess.

Hey man. I appreciate it. I’m OCD about a lot of stuff and I just like the build. For certain reasons I haven’t been out speed running in quite some time. I’ve also been doing FPV drones so there’s that. During my initial testing she ran straight as an arrow but I only hit around 120mph. Geared for 8s but it was a 4s pass. Maybe 5s. I don’t recall. I’ll get back out there when life tells me to I guess.
Understandable, life hasn't been letting me get out much all year. Been since its cold out I've had extra time on my hands. So I've started a some what copy cat build of yours. Almost done just trying to figure out how to install the scorched bell crank arms. What kinda wing you use?

Understandable, life hasn't been letting me get out much all year. Been since its cold out I've had extra time on my hands. So I've started a some what copy cat build of yours. Almost done just trying to figure out how to install the scorched bell crank arms. What kinda wing you use?

The perfect pass batwing. I could have just made my own and slapped them on the side of the body like everyone does but I like the look. Once I get back out and crash I won’t buy them again. Too much money for what you get.

The perfect pass batwing. I could have just made my own and slapped them on the side of the body like everyone does but I like the look. Once I get back out and crash I won’t buy them again. Too much money for what you get.
Thank I may decide not to put wings on it then. Is all I need to put the bell crank arms on is steering post and bushings?

Thank I may decide not to put wings on it then. Is all I need to put the bell crank arms on is steering post and bushings?

Not sure what you mean. All the parts are direct fit. You can install one without the other. But I highly recommend the bearings instead of bushings when it comes to steering.

Not sure what you mean. All the parts are direct fit. You can install one without the other. But I highly recommend the bearings instead of bushings when it comes to steering.
Well they don't look the same, the original one had a spring and this one doesn't. I also have all new avid bearings to replace everything on it so I can use those instead of bushings. Thanks for all the help, greatly appreciate it.

Well they don't look the same, the original one had a spring and this one doesn't. I also have all new avid bearings to replace everything on it so I can use those instead of bushings. Thanks for all the help, greatly appreciate it.

If you post pics I could help more. The spring isn’t needed for speed running, imo. If you crash you crash. I had a servo saver spring when I first started. Didn’t help at 130+ mph. Lol. Steering is more locked in without the spring. Give and take.
Point is. Stuff will break. Period. Nothing will help. Just get your steering locked in and you’re good.

If you post pics I could help more. The spring isn’t needed for speed running, imo. If you crash you crash. I had a servo saver spring when I first started. Didn’t help at 130+ mph. Lol. Steering is more locked in without the spring. Give and take.
Point is. Stuff will break. Period. Nothing will help. Just get your steering locked in and you’re good.
OK gotcha, I figured it out. Just been so long ago since I built one from scratch plus it was the only one. And it's been so long since I disassembled it and I stripped everything down to replace it all with aluminum or carbon fiber parts. But its fun figuring it all out and learning how everything goes. Makes it a lot easier when it comes time for repairs.
20240101_032709.jpg

What size spacers did you use for the front bumper?

I don't remember. I thought the Scorched chassis came with those, IIRC.
I found a spacer kit with different length and sizes thnx anyway. Just swapped out my aluminum shock towers, steering top plate, and Ackerman arm for m2c carbon fiber ones. Also got my perfect pass front and rear body mounts installed. And I'm painting the body now. Went with the same color as yours cause it looked awesome 😎

Back