Limitless Scorched rear drive shaft play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Another question for the experts. Got my scorched rc front, rear and spool set up. The rear shaft has what I would call a considerable amount of back and forth playing. The front only had a little.

I came across one of Raz's video where he uses small pieces of nitro fuel tube to take up the space. Should I do that here? Or is there a way to shim any of the cups?

20210313_210218.jpg

20210313_210234.jpg

Curious if you measured ans compared the lengths of stock versus the Scorched Rc shafts. Looks like play may not be an issue. But fore and aft shaft movement is normal. Too much may be a problem. Not always. Fuel tubing inside the output cup may work. But that shaft play is there for chassis flex, so the shaft doesn't bottom out and potentially bend with chassis flex. Rubber tubing may work. I don't use use it. I let the slack be there. No problem for me.
I have used SS springs inside the cups. But feel it is not really needed.

Another question for the experts. Got my scorched rc front, rear and spool set up. The rear shaft has what I would call a considerable amount of back and forth playing. The front only had a little.

I came across one of Raz's video where he uses small pieces of nitro fuel tube to take up the space. Should I do that here? Or is there a way to shim any of the cups?
I have Scorched RC's 8mm titanium centre shafts on my Limitless and there is a little movement in those too. A little movement is fine as @SrC mentioned and you actually want some play in it but you can yes use something to take away some of the slack, ...just don't eliminate it completely.

I used rubber O-rings when setting mine up but whatever works for you. (y)

Curious if you measured ans compared the lengths of stock versus the Scorched Rc shafts. Looks like play may not be an issue. But fore and aft shaft movement is normal. Too much may be a problem. Not always. Fuel tubing inside the output cup may work. But that shaft play is there for chassis flex, so the shaft doesn't bottom out and potentially bend with chassis flex. Rubber tubing may work. I don't use use it. I let the slack be there. No problem for me.
I have Scorched RC's 8mm titanium centre shafts on my Limitless and there is a little movement in those too. A little movement is fine as @SrC mentioned and you actually want some play in it but you can yes use something to take away some of the slack, ...just don't eliminate it completely.

This^ you do not want to completely remove the fore and aft play in the center drive shaft doing so can cause the shaft to bend or you might even break the drive cup.

The scorched spool is quite a bit longer than stock so the shafts wouldn't match. And thank you for the suggestions!

Thank you!

35315D7D-DA47-4A97-8CC4-8FCE2849DE74_900x.jpg

I got mine in this week as well. I indeed use gas hose to lock them in. When it's too tight you will notice some extra rolling resistance as the spool gets cramped in. You want al least 0.5mm play (when the brace bar is fixed)

Two little annoyances though.
  • The scorched cups have a 7mm hole, so i can use my reversed mounted e-brake anymore. These cups have a flat part but it's too close to the diff to fit the brakepads...
  • Import taxes from UK to NL(and EU i guess) are ridiculous now. It resulted in 40% more cost than the original price. I wouldn't have bought it if i knew the price would become so much higher

I got mine in this week as well. I indeed use gas hose to lock them in. When it's too tight you will notice some extra rolling resistance as the spool gets cramped in. You want al least 0.5mm play (when the brace bar is fixed)

Two little annoyances though.
  • The scorched cups have a 7mm hole, so i can use my reversed mounted e-brake anymore. These cups have a flat part but it's too close to the diff to fit the brakepads...
  • Import taxes from UK to NL(and EU i guess) are ridiculous now. It resulted in 40% more cost than the original price. I wouldn't have bought it if i knew the price would become so much higher
Thank you. And wow that is crazy for the taxes. The shipping from the UK to the U.S. was pretty reasonable and no import tax.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back