Scratch and dent sale?- Tower Hobbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.....just got the Infraction off their s&d sale.....no damage at all...brand spankin' new....just had the European charger with it.
The Infraction comes with a charger?

The Infraction comes with a charger?
It’s a mega and all megas come with a charger and an nimh battery. Mine was perfect as well, never even opened with original seals. It just had an a European charger. Which I thought was cool because I’ve never seen one before.

Anyone pull the trigger on one of Tower's S&D sale? says box damage but that is vary vague and a matter of interpritation. Kind curious what a 30lb. truck looks like with "box damage" lol The 1/5 Kraton EXB has been listed on there for a while i'm wanting to get another one for parts if the sale holds up longer I'm still recovering from the current Spring sale :censored::cry:
i bought a infraction 1/8th perfect except wall charger not correct wall plug who cares other then that no damage not even box

Bummer I wish I would have seen this sooner........they had a Limitless........

Damn i think I'm debating this hard.. I already have nib 100a blx esc and a firma 3200kv 3660!! Would i need to swap the spur from the 1.35 mod to the .8 @Smilinbri !?
Well, still a newbie here when it comes to motors and gearing, so mot 100% sure. Hopefully someone else can assist with that. Sorry. I haven't even had time to get into mine yet. 😂

I ended up pulling the trigger on the Kraton. It showed up with a small 3'x2' hole partially punched through the box. It went though the shipping brown box, and partially into the rc box. That was it, funny thing is the Outcast 8s EXB I had purchased a month prior had box damage as well, a long gouge down the side, through both boxes as well but it was not marked as "scratch and dent"

In the end, sadly I just had to sell both those rollers to pay bills. Deff will be shopping for more deals from the Tower sctatch and dent section once the fun money comes back!

Damn i think I'm debating this hard.. I already have nib 100a blx esc and a firma 3200kv 3660!! Would i need to swap the spur from the 1.35 mod to the .8 @Smilinbri !?
I'm no help with the 3s stuff, but just curious why are you wanting to switch the gear size? (mod wise)

I believe you're mixing your gears. The Infraction mega spur is 0.8MOD (unlike other mega vehicles which are typically 48P). The input pinion and crown gear on the differential are the ones that are 1.35 MOD (which is one of the changes that Arrma made to the latest generation of Megas (Senton, Granite)).

Last edited:
I ended up pulling the trigger on the Kraton. It showed up with a small 3'x2' hole partially punched through the box. It went though the shipping brown box, and partially into the rc box. That was it, funny thing is the Outcast 8s EXB I had purchased a month prior had box damage as well, a long gouge down the side, through both boxes as well but it was not marked as "scratch and dent"

In the end, sadly I just had to sell both those rollers to pay bills. Deff will be shopping for more deals from the Tower sctatch and dent section once the fun money comes back!
I believe you're mixing your gears. The Infraction mega spur is 0.8MOD (unlike other mega vehicles which are typically 48P). The input pinion and crown gear on the differential are the ones that are 1.35 MOD (which is one of the changes that Arrma made to the latest generation of Megas (Senton, Granite)).
Engineer is right i was confused.. so I wouldn't have to do squat.. I can just drop a 3s system in no prob!!🤔

Just saw the mega typhon on there for $149.99!! Already have 2 6s Typhons, would this even be worth my time or $$? I still have my wrecked 3s typhon in pieces in a box so I could just swap that motor/ esc over & make it 3s right away & have all the spare parts that I would need for quite a while. Just thinking out loud & wondering what ya'll would do?

Just saw the mega typhon on there for $149.99!! Already have 2 6s Typhons, would this even be worth my time or $$? I still have my wrecked 3s typhon in pieces in a box so I could just swap that motor/ esc over & make it 3s right away & have all the spare parts that I would need for quite a while. Just thinking out loud & wondering what ya'll would do?
I mean......if you already got the electronics to upgrade AND spare parts on hand... go for it!!

Ok, there's the little devil whispering in one ear!🤣 Any of the little angels out there?😆😆
Go for it! Lighter rig, will drive a lil different i would bet. Good backup rig or loaner... Sorry I'm no angel :LOL: 😛
I might not be the best advice though I picked up an extra Kraton EXB and Outcast EXB just to have spare tires and parts 🥴 😫

Last edited:
I've read that there are more differences between the Mega and the BLX than just motor and esc, like driveshafts, steering links etc. Some stated that a Mega would break within seconds if you just install a 3s combo?:rolleyes:

I've read that there are more differences between the Mega and the BLX than just motor and esc, like driveshafts, steering links etc. Some stated that a Mega would break within seconds if you just install a 3s combo?:rolleyes:
Well that just killed my dream. Was going to make a 3s only speed Typhon. Oh well!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back