screw-fix body mounts....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IWANTBLUE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
other than the "PRO-LINE Body Mount Secure-Loc Cap Kit for Pro-Line Body Mount Kits 6070-02" what else do I need to turn a Kraton to Screw-fix, please??

I'm assuming I have to drill out my existing body mount pins to accept the threaded grub screw mounting threads? or do you have to purchase replacement body mount pins with a sort of top-hat arrangement already threaded for the grub screw?? I've seen a few of these for Traxxas etc.

I know screw threads aren't for everyone but they're not super expensive either so want to give it a go...

part numbers appreciated if you have them :)

cheers, N.

IMO, they suck.. You will have dirt/road rash'd up screw caps and they will come loose. Had them on a PL truck, got rid of them. You would need to buy the pre-threaded mounts for them too, not worth doing IMO.

IMO, they suck.. You will have dirt/road rash'd up screw caps and they will come loose. Had them on a PL truck, got rid of them. You would need to buy the pre-threaded mounts for them too, not worth doing IMO.
yeah, thanks for the reply, I'm aware there is quite a following like yourself that don't like them, But as I said, it's not expensive @ £6 if I can make my own receptacles for the threaded grubs, (my ideal method) but the other threaded top-hats only seemed to be a £10'er, I have to mod the body posts as I've strengthened the body anyway so seemed a good time to try :)

Your thoughts are appreciated, however !!

yeah, thanks for the reply, I'm aware there is quite a following like yourself that don't like them, But as I said, it's not expensive @ £6 if I can make my own receptacles for the threaded grubs, (my ideal method) but the other threaded top-hats only seemed to be a £10'er, I have to mod the body posts as I've strengthened the body anyway so seemed a good time to try :)

Your thoughts are appreciated, however !!

Welp, seems like you got it all figured out there captain! (y)

other than the "PRO-LINE Body Mount Secure-Loc Cap Kit for Pro-Line Body Mount Kits 6070-02" what else do I need to turn a Kraton to Screw-fix, please??

I'm assuming I have to drill out my existing body mount pins to accept the threaded grub screw mounting threads? or do you have to purchase replacement body mount pins with a sort of top-hat arrangement already threaded for the grub screw?? I've seen a few of these for Traxxas etc.

I know screw threads aren't for everyone but they're not super expensive either so want to give it a go...

part numbers appreciated if you have them :)

cheers, N.
They look nice on my wife’s big rock. She hates hates hates the pins so I figured why not try the proline thumb nuts. Clipped the top of each mount ‘pole’, screwed in the grub screw and done. I used an old school hole punch and black electrical tape to cover the stock holes for those rubber things.
If you don’t like the plastic top hat thumb nuts can get low profile metal ones off Amazon for a few bucks. Grub screws also so the proline kit is not really needed.

74D7E8BA-2B61-4060-BDD3-8A18DB298D2A.jpeg

B4F3DBAD-472E-4D32-BB49-B1657E4188DA.jpeg

A62F1DB3-BB87-4302-B6C6-2C4D707F7997.jpeg

3C48D9F6-8CD1-4831-961D-716C233AF87F.jpeg

Thanks for the reply!
I had already ordered a couple of sets as thev were only only £6 set...

Glad I waited go drill the pins though as they're 3mm lol...🤣

Happy with the look and if already sealed the pin lanyard holds when I shoegoo'd/the shell....

Weighs a ton now as I went overboard and added some flexible cutting board strips and patches to spread the load a bit.

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply!
I had already ordered a couple of sets as thev were only only £6 set...

Glad I waited go drill the pins though as they're 3mm lol...🤣

Happy with the look and if already sealed the pin lanyard holds when I shoegoo'd/the shell....

Weighs a ton now as I went overboard and added some flexible cutting board strips and patches to spread the load a bit.

Thanks again
Forgot to mention that I still used a 2mm handdrill bit to make it easier to put the grubs in. It’s to tight a fit otherwise.
You’re very welcome!

Forgot to mention that I still used a 2mm handdrill bit to make it easier to put the grubs in. It’s to tight a fit otherwise.
You’re very welcome!
2mm?? Mine weren't having it at 2mm as that's not even core of the thread size??
I used 2.5 (only having half sizes to hand at present) and a tiny dab of 3mm just to centre/start the threads, as I don't have 3mm taps to hand either..anyway I'm well pleased with them even after only on half pack lol as I was eaten alive by whatever bugs/mites were all over the field 😖

It's 3 days later and I'm still suffering from the damn bites 😢

Maybe they'll become a chore in time when bedding to swap packs etc..but for now I'm well happy with them

I did it to my mojave, just cut the pin post down to the foam pad, drilled a 3.5mm hole used a 4x10 mm button head screw and a washer up from underneath, no o-ring, tightens nice against the body when i put them on
Take a look
the picture with the o-ring is with a 4x14 mm button head, it was way to long, the picture with the body on is the 4x10mm

Attachments

• 316F2A46-2005-4622-8257-9A122B609CFF.jpeg
    316F2A46-2005-4622-8257-9A122B609CFF.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 6070DABA-35EF-4521-8424-005D5A356FF6.jpeg
    6070DABA-35EF-4521-8424-005D5A356FF6.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

I'm liking the Pro-line mounts. I've gotten pretty good at reinforcing bodies with Shoe goo and they generally can survive very nasty hits. Except for the body mount holes. The pins create such a nasty pressure point that eventually cracks the body. You can't reinforce them too much because then the body gets too thick and you'll never get the pins in. With the Pro-line mounts you can put plenty of reinforcement around body holes. The screw caps spread impact over a larger area than a pin. Plus I padded the screw caps with foam tape. So far no cracks around my body mount holes. My screw caps don't get scraped/road rash'd, but that depends on the shape of your body.

F100 Granite.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking the Pro-line mounts. I've gotten pretty good at reinforcing bodies with Shoe goo and they generally can survive very nasty hits. Except for the body mount holes. The pins create such a nasty pressure point that eventually cracks the body. You can't reinforce them too much because then the body gets too thick and you'll never get the pins in. With the Pro-line mounts you can put plenty of reinforcement around body holes. The screw caps spread impact over a larger area than a pin. Plus I padded the screw caps with foam tape. So far no cracks around my body mount holes. My screw caps don't get scraped/road rash'd, but that depends on the shape of your body.

View attachment 159473
One of the main reasons I thought of them in the first place was I've made a very thick body in that area with reinforcements....id also considered
Screwing right up through the bottom too so good to know that works well too 👌

2mm?? Mine weren't having it at 2mm as that's not even core of the thread size??
I used 2.5 (only having half sizes to hand at present) and a tiny dab of 3mm just to centre/start the threads, as I don't have 3mm taps to hand either..anyway I'm well pleased with them even after only on half pack lol as I was eaten alive by whatever bugs/mites were all over the field 😖

It's 3 days later and I'm still suffering from the damn bites 😢

Maybe they'll become a chore in time when bedding to swap packs etc..but for now I'm well happy with them
I did it to my mojave, just cut the pin post down to the foam pad, drilled a 3.5mm hole used a 4x10 mm button head screw and a washer up from underneath, no o-ring, tightens nice against the body when i put them on
Take a look
the picture with the o-ring is with a 4x14 mm button head, it was way to long, the picture with the body on is the 4x10mm
That’s a pretty good idea going up from under. I’ll try that on my granite. I’ve destroyed the rear mounts …shoo goo and all landing on my roof to much. So trying to find a better way to mount the body.
I got zinc thumb nuts to use instead of the plastic ones in the proline kit. Think they will work and came with 10 so can lose a few.

A5A7A91A-63DF-4981-9612-1F79C22F6E2F.png

I'm really liking the pro-line mounts these days, now I don't need to remember my glasses when I change batteries anymore

That’s a pretty good idea going up from under. I’ll try that on my granite. I’ve destroyed the rear mounts …shoo goo and all landing on my roof to much. So trying to find a better way to mount the body.
I got zinc thumb nuts to use instead of the plastic ones in the proline kit. Think they will work and came with 10 so can lose a few.

View attachment 159570
If you fancy a little more bling??

Screenshot_20210722_223944.jpg

rears are totally protected on a Kraton, but the fronts took a mashing, as you suggested, when in a skatepark bowl, but my complete NOOBNESS, had a major factor on that, haven't tried them yet, but I pressed some 4mm stainless steel nuts into a 10mm SS Nut hole, and would happily use those as spares on the front, for a bit more Heavy-duty option.

I'm on crutches still so overdid it trying to work in the skate park bowl, so won't be doing it again for quite a while, but I'm still pleased with the mod.

I lost one mount screw and bent the other 3 on the front mount, so it shows quite how much 'Hard' I gave it :/

With this in mind, I'm considering drilling the mount holes out to 4mm and using cap-head and nylock nut fitting for the mounts as the 3mm screws were all bent and loose, any thoughts? or a better mounting suggestion?

Last edited:
don't mind @gotnitro hes not very user friendly!!🤣🤣

What do u have them on.. Thought about buying the PL kit for my senton but id have to fab a little!?🤔

They’re pretty nice actually and work great. I put them on my wife’s big rock and have the rear mounts on my granite with them. I’ve had zero issues with them. I simply take stock body mounts, cut off the bump and drill a hole in it which I screw a m3 or m4 screw through from the bottom of the mount. I forget what size it is, whatever size the thumb screw is.

They’re pretty nice actually and work great. I put them on my wife’s big rock and have the rear mounts on my granite with them. I’ve had zero issues with them. I simply take stock body mounts, cut off the bump and drill a hole in it which I screw a m3 or m4 screw through from the bottom of the mount. I forget what size it is, whatever size the thumb screw is.
Oh so u use the stock mounts!?
I think im gonna try the PL mounts and round them out.. I think another member has a thread about it!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back