Granite Screw in the rear differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronkoRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey folks,
today i made a shocking discovery in my rear diff. The Granite BLX v3 is brand new (only 6 Lipo-packs in). After a quick run on a sand/gras mix surface it started to sound pretty bad. Like a stripped gear or sand in the gears. I stopped driving immediatly to prevent more damage.

The crackling noises came from the rear differential. So i opened it up to see what is going on...

IMG-20220601-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20220601_121829__01.jpg

IMG_20220601_123642.jpg

There was/is a screw inside the diff case. The funny things is, that no screw is missing! Looks like part AR702002. How is this possible... maybe from the factory?

Greetings
Bronko

Hey folks,
today i made a shocking discovery in my rear diff. The Granite BLX v3 is brand new (only 6 Lipo-packs in). After a quick run on a sand/gras mix surface it started to sound pretty bad. Like a stripped gear or sand in the gears. I stopped driving immediatly to prevent more damage.

The crackling noises came from the rear differential. So i opened it up to see what is going on...

View attachment 220960
View attachment 220961
View attachment 220962
There was/is a screw inside the diff case. The funny things is, that no screw is missing! Looks like part AR702002. How is this possible... maybe from the factory?

Greetings
Bronko

I would like to assume that it had to come from assembly. That looks like a M2.5 screw for sure though.

Hey folks,

View attachment 220960
View attachment 220961
View attachment 220962

Greetings
Bronko
Yeah someone probably dropped it on there by mistake. I would just do a warranty claim. They are pretty cool. They'll probably send you a new diff case and output drive.

Agree with doing a warranty claim. You can place it online at horizon or email them:
[email protected]
Response is fairly quick. If you have questions as you go just ask here in this thread.

I would like to assume that it had to come from assembly. That looks like a M2.5 screw for sure though.
And I have found foreign debris( metal) in 2 6s RTR diffs out the box before. Shim metal. Poor QC. (n)(n)
Why I always open my diffs when new. QC is far from dependable. Nothing new with RTR rigs at this price point unfortunately.
These are assembled at a very fast pace. By unskilled labor. Probably children in many cases if I were to guess. :rolleyes:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ear-diff-causing-the-diff-cup-to-break.15168/

Last edited:
And I have found foreign debris( metal) in 2 6s RTR diffs out the box before. Shim metal. Poor QC. (n)(n)
Why I always open my diffs when new. QC is far from dependable. Nothing new with RTR rigs at this price point unfortunately.
These are assembled at a very fast pace. By unskilled labor. Probably children in many cases if I were to guess. :rolleyes:
I watched a video of the wltoys factory that someone posted on Facebook and yeah the assembly of these things is really fast paced and surprisingly enough I didn't see any children in the video, though they were very likely to have left them out for obvious reasons.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ear-diff-causing-the-diff-cup-to-break.15168/
⬆️ this here, always. Never trust the factory build.

I watched a video of the wltoys factory that someone posted on Facebook and yeah the assembly of these things is really fast paced and surprisingly enough I didn't see any children in the video, though they were very likely to have left them out for obvious reasons.
Yeah you would be hard pressed to find videos of any of these RC factories anywhere in China. I tried. Very protective. Because they DO have something to hide unfortunately. It is a well regarded secret where Arrma is produced. You will hit a brick wall trying to find it.
China is always concerned about "Saving Face", with the world watching them. The way the Gov't has conditioned it's people.
Slave Labor conditions and all..... Nothing new.
70% of their water ways are Toxic at any given time from waste. Not by accident, but by Greed and lack of caring for their people. Good luck finding such information from within China. Anyone posting this info there will be disappeared. A regular happening thing.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your feedback. Next time i will be smarter and check the diffs too before bashing an RTR rc the first time.

Unfortunately the support of HH in Germany is just a bad joke. I think i'll go to my local hobbyshop first.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Next time i will be smarter and check the diffs too before bashing an RTR rc the first time.

Unfortunately the support of HH in Germany is just a bad joke. I think i'll go to my local hobbyshop first.
That’s unfortunate. I’m not sure if they have any parts breakers in Germany but maybe somebody on here knows. I suggest posting under the 4 x 4 section, asking if anyone knows of any parts breakers in Germany.

These are small businesses that buy bulk vehicles take them apart and sell the parts off. Kind of like a full scale car chop shop. Typically the prices are up to half that of retail. If you want to see an example go to jennysrc.com. They’re located here in the states. They do ship, I just don’t know how costly it is or how tax and import fees work.

Also, with pretty much any RTR RC you have to practically rebuild parts of it, check and make sure every screw is tight. Look on YouTube for razorRC videos, he has a lot of good ones on the 3S line for maintenance and repair. Good luck bud.

That’s unfortunate. I’m not sure if they have any parts breakers in Germany but maybe somebody on here knows. I suggest posting under the 4 x 4 section, asking if anyone knows of any parts breakers in Germany.

These are small businesses that buy bulk vehicles take them apart and sell the parts off. Kind of like a full scale car chop shop. Typically the prices are up to half that of retail. If you want to see an example go to jennysrc.com. They’re located here in the states. They do ship, I just don’t know how costly it is or how tax and import fees work.

Also, with pretty much any RTR RC you have to practically rebuild parts of it, check and make sure every screw is tight. Look on YouTube for razorRC videos, he has a lot of good ones on the 3S line for maintenance and repair. Good luck bud.
Idk if there are any in Germany but there are a few in the UK, Badtouchbreakers and Rons RC are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back