Kraton Screw - Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

varunkaul

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am facing an issue with screws on my Kraton...
  1. some have got stuck mid way...won't move up or down..
  2. some screw heads have got stripped
  3. and some screws i can get a grip on their head but they just keep turning won't come out and they are flush with body...... so using pliers won't be an option i guess
Any solution for each of the above mentioned problems ?

I have used a dremel with small tools to notch ones with stripped heads so I could use a flat head screwdriver.

Purchase quality hex tools and use heat from a soldering iron before you remove stuck screws. purchase left hand drill bits if you have to drill a screw out or notch it with a dermal tool . The screws that hold the motor mount...don't bother putting Loctite on them afterwards ....use anti seize instead. I've rebuilt my Kraton a few times already....The only place I use Loctite is on the motor shaft, very small amount of red between the pinion and shaft. Then a small amount of blue on the grub screw. I use heat to remove it if needed. The factory Kraton has red Loctite all over the place. They even have it on the lower shock caps. You have to be careful with a new Kraton....once I did get it apart, I clean the treads and don't really use Loctite unless it's a known problem area. These days...I can strip the Kraton down real fast and get it back together fast without issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back