Kraton Screw removal issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys need help once again. I am dismantling my kraton v4 to get a new combo and everything else onto a new M2C chassis and I have one screw left that goes into the housing that is part of the steering. I got the top apart but now the part that is connected to the chassis won't come. The screw itself will turn but the housing won't come out. Is that meant to stay in? Thanks for the help as usual. The screw on the top i put there as I thought it would give me some kind of way to get the inside not to turn as I thought that was stopping it.
20201120_161323.jpg
20201120_161257.jpg

Hey guys need help once again. I am dismantling my kraton v4 to get a new combo and everything else onto a new M2C chassis and I have one screw left that goes into the housing that is part of the steering. I got the top apart but now the part that is connected to the chassis won't come. The screw itself will turn but the housing won't come out. Is that meant to stay in? Thanks for the help as usual. The screw on the top i put there as I thought it would give me some kind of way to get the inside not to turn as I thought that was stopping it.View attachment 110056View attachment 110057
Vice grips in the center of that shaft to hold it. Heat the screw from the bottom. Don't worry about scratching up the center of that shaft. Won't affect performance

Vice grips in the center of that shaft to hold it. Heat the screw from the bottom. Don't worry about scratching up the center of that shaft. Won't affect performance
Ahhh ok awesome I tried that but the bugger won't budge. I'll put some heat to it for sure and report back. Thanks man!!

Yep had problems with my chassis switch as well just have to heat that sucker up to break loose the copious amounts of loctite the factory puts on?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back