Screw size (Typhon 3s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
Typhon 3s takes 2, 2.5 and 3mm screws correct for the entire car?

Also...what size screws go on a the 2wd rustler?

Thanks 🤙

Please reference the interactive exploded diagram on Arrma’s website for all the screw types (flat, button head, socket head), lengths and sizes.

no Traxxas for me so I can’t advise about that

Please reference the interactive exploded diagram on Arrma’s website for all the screw types (flat, button head, socket head), lengths and sizes.

no Traxxas for me so I can’t advise about that
Thanks

The car takes 1.5, 2, 2.5. I have never encountered a 3mm. And I pretty much stripped down everything. The set screws in the wheel hexes are 1.5 and the three small screws on the back of the motor can are 1.5. The biggest screws I saw were the 2.5mm long screws for the diff case.

The car takes 1.5, 2, 2.5. I have never encountered a 3mm. And I pretty much stripped down everything. The set screws in the wheel hexes are 1.5 and the three small screws on the back of the motor can are 1.5. The biggest screws I saw were the 2.5mm long screws for the diff case.
Good to know! Thanks brother

No problem! :cool: I got these 👇tools and they work good so far.(y) I have only had them for about 2 weeks so I can't tell you yet how long they will last.

https://www.amazon.com/HRB-Screwdri...=1&keywords=drone+tools&qid=1615253209&sr=8-2
And I don't know any screw sizes for the rustler, sorry.🤷‍♂️
From what I've seen and heard those are are decent!...I got these...my LHS brand...really durable! 🤙

16159065628361498693370480758895.jpg

16159066619398229321542587298549.jpg

16159067462477513380790317146130.jpg

No problem! :cool: I got these 👇tools and they work good so far.(y) I have only had them for about 2 weeks so I can't tell you yet how long they will last.

https://www.amazon.com/HRB-Screwdri...=1&keywords=drone+tools&qid=1615253209&sr=8-2
The traxxas set I got from amazon...pretty cheap lol but they work!

From what I've seen and heard those are are decent!...I got these...my LHS brand...really durable! 🤙

View attachment 132588

View attachment 132589

View attachment 132590
Nice! I have the dynamite ones too but I don't like how you have to switch the bit every time you want to take out a different size screw.:( Now I just use my dynamites for the wheel nuts. I just keep the 7mm nut driver head on it. I bet them boxes of screw are pretty handy. All the hardware you'll ever need. (y) :cool: Them RCM look like they are good quality though.

Nice! I have the dynamite ones too but I don't like how you have to switch the bit every time you want to take out a different size screw.:( Now I just use my dynamites for the wheel nuts. I just keep the 7mm nut driver head on it. I bet them boxes of screw are pretty handy. All the hardware you'll ever need. (y) :cool: Them RCM look like they are good quality though.
Ya I have two sets of the rc madness hexes...I'm from Connecticut and rc madness is the biggest HS around, pretty well known and I literally live 2 minutes away from it so you can imagine how often I'm in there lol...like my second home and over the past year or so I've easily spent 10k or more there 😯😆 this hobby is by far the most expensive I've ever encountered lol. Honestly I hate how the handle on the dynamites are...but they're manageable. The screw sets are nifty...one is I believe a 500 piece set and the smaller is 250 if I'm not mistaken. The 500 pcs is for arrma and 250 pcs is traxxas...don't quote me though lol 🤙👌👍

Ya I have two sets of the rc madness hexes...I'm from Connecticut and rc madness is the biggest HS around, pretty well known and I literally live 2 minutes away from it so you can imagine how often I'm in there lol...like my second home and over the past year or so I've easily spent 10k or more there 😯😆 this hobby is by far the most expensive I've ever encountered lol. Honestly I hate how the handle on the dynamites are...but they're manageable. The screw sets are nifty...one is I believe a 500 piece set and the smaller is 250 if I'm not mistaken. The 500 pcs is for arrma and 250 pcs is traxxas...don't quote me though lol 🤙👌👍
It's probably a good thing I don't live close to a Hobby store.🤷‍♂️ At least I don't have my liscense yet. :ROFLMAO: 1k, 2k, 3k, down the drain.:ROFLMAO::cool:

Do your endcaps constantly pop off lol I have a similar set, and those stupid end caps were loose from the very start. I super glued em so they wouldn't pop off anymore lol

Only one of mine came off so far. That I have noticed. Maybe i'll hot glue them on from the inside. So I can still take them off if I need to.
Yea I just didn't see a reason to put anything inside of them lol I'll probably buy some MIP hand tool and bits next.
I bought these and these and so far so gooooooood:
https://www.amazon.com/NIDICI-Hexag...PT5T19PJ48A&psc=1&refRID=J9CB728SJPT5T19PJ48A

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Prod...c+bits&qid=1615930035&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-1

You bet I am! :ROFLMAO: :cool:
Oh I know lol...everyday for me 😆...NEVER fails, EVER hahaha!

Screenshot_20210316-160146_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-160102_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-160049_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Do your endcaps constantly pop off lol I have a similar set, and those stupid end caps were loose from the very start. I super glued em so they wouldn't pop off anymore lol
All good! Thanks man

I got that same servo but 25kg. What kinda car are you building. Or do you already have a street car?
That's just the cheap servo for the big rock. I got a few builds I'm working on...typhon mainly as of right now. Getting a spektrum servo for the typhon. But I have that, big rockCC 3s, radix6 6s, rustler 2wd and a 1/16 revo...(trying to sell the revo....you wouldn't happen to know what those drift tires go on do you? (Out of my cars?)...they're 1/10 scale but are they gonna be too small on any of those...radix is a brand new car so there isn't ANY upgrades as of now besides bearing set smh 🤦🏻 lol

Are you asking what thread size or what size the heads are?
Most of the screws are either M3 or M4 the grub screw for the antenna tube is 2.5mm.
You need a 1.5mm, 2mm and a 2.5mm hex driver to remove/install the screws.

Back