Vorteks Screw won’t threat in slipper clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carson

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a arrma Vorteks 4 x 4 and I replaced the spring in the slipper clutch but I can’t tighten the screw because it will no longer thread in. I have watched many videos on how to do it and I seem to be doing everything right I just can’t get that screw to thread
Please help

I have a arrma Vorteks 4 x 4 and I replaced the spring in the slipper clutch but I can’t tighten the screw because it will no longer thread in. I have watched many videos on how to do it and I seem to be doing everything right I just can’t get that screw to thread
Please help
See if the screw actually threads into the hub, sounds like a stipped hub!? Also send a pic of it laid out.. to show how u are putting it back together!?🕵

Are you using the black plastic nut piece?

My Typhon did something like what you are saying. It would seem like its threading in, but never actually tighten down. Most likely the threads in the slipper hub are bad. The plastic nut is only there to help hold it in place, the hub is where you set the tightness. I contacted Horizon and they are sending a full slipper assembly to replace mine.
If your issue is actually the same thing, be sure not to tighten the screw down to fully tight when settting your slipper. That's what I was doing because thats what I had done on my other rc. For the BLX slippers, tighten only to snug before backing off at least 1.5 turns up to 2 turns.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back