Screws stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aflan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hello all,

I was stripping down a Kraton for parts tonight and I got stuck on 4 screws...:mad:
The 3 who hold the Motor mount...And 1 of the steering post on the chassis...The wont budge, at all.......:banghead:

I have tried the following to get them out;
Used a good, way to expensive, hex driver...:dead:
Used a slow speed, high torque drill...:nailbiting:
Cleaned/soaked them in solvent..Tried the previous options again...:sour:
Heated the suckers up with a blow-dryer...:blackeye:
Hammered it, gently, not so gently, full rage!...:rage:
Nothing.........They bastards just wont move...Not even the slightest...:depressed:

I don't want to dremmel the bastards...Because that would defeat the whole purpose of salvaging this Kraton for its brother...o_O

So who has the million dollar answer and wants to share it with me/us?...

Thanks for your time, jokes, and answers...:)

Groetjes from the Netherlands,

Erik
aka Aflan

Hello all,

I was stripping down a Kraton for parts tonight and I got stuck on 4 screws...:mad:
The 3 who hold the Motor mount...And 1 of the steering post on the chassis...The wont budge, at all.......:banghead:

I have tried the following to get them out;
Used a good, way to expensive, hex driver...:dead:
Used a slow speed, high torque drill...:nailbiting:
Cleaned/soaked them in solvent..Tried the previous options again...:sour:
Heated the suckers up with a blow-dryer...:blackeye:
Hammered it, gently, not so gently, full rage!...:rage:
Nothing.........They bastards just wont move...Not even the slightest...:depressed:

I don't want to dremmel the bastards...Because that would defeat the whole purpose of salvaging this Kraton for its brother...o_O

So who has the million dollar answer and wants to share it with me/us?...

Thanks for your time, jokes, and answers...:)

Groetjes from the Netherlands,

Erik
aka Aflan

Try heating them directly with a soldering iron, that should break them loose for you!

Use leverage. Honestly if the bolt is not stripped in any way, just add a metal pipe to your hex key. Seriously, let physics be your friend.

Use leverage. Honestly if the bolt is not stripped in any way, just add a metal pipe to your hex key. Seriously, let physics be your friend.

Check...WTF-Fail...I broke the hex!...:jawdrop:

Thx for the tip anyway...:)

At the moment I am seriously considering drilling the screw-caps out and proceed from there on........o_O

Drill the caps off the screws to get the part off and then drill the centers out of the screws themselves (carefully, increasing bit sizes slowly until you're almost touching threads) and then chip away the remaining screw bits with a pick. It will take hours and you'll sweat like you're defusing a bomb but it can be done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back