Sealed bearings upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheel bearing, inner front right, disassembled itself running through the grass today. Second time out with the Nero and this happens. I do hope this is not a sign of impending problems. I took your advise and ordered a sealed bearing set from FastEddyBearings today. I'll start by changing all inner and outer wheel bearings. I hope they are easy to do as I'm new to the Nero.

@Larry lets us know what your thoughts are on the FastEddyBearings please. Though I'm sure you're going to like them, I know many people here are running them and have been very happy with the upgrade.

@Larry lets us know what your thoughts are on the FastEddyBearings please. Though I'm sure you're going to like them, I know many people here are running them and have been very happy with the upgrade.
Well Fast Eddy's Bearings gets 2 thumbs up from me. I ordered on Saturday, received email Sunday, shipped on Monday, and received today (Wednesday). That's with FREE shipping and the 10% discount you guys mentioned. Total cost $30.59 for 34 bearings ~$0.90/bearing. Installed the inner and outer wheel bearings and all seems well. Bench ran full speed (I'm running 4S) and nice and smooth. I did hand pre-inspect the bearings and they feel very smooth, no roughness whatsoever. The seals look nice also. Now the truth will be in the running. Also, as others have posted, the Nero is easy to work on. Hard to believe Arrma didn't use sealed bearings in the first place.

That's great to hear @Larry, it's hard to beat the quality for the price.

That's great to hear @Larry, it's hard to beat the quality for the price.
In all fairness I did contact Tower Hobbies and they are sending a replacement bearing free of charge. I opted to do the sealed upgrade thru Fast Eddy's to hopefully stop future issues.

Any ideas where the other bearings go other that the wheels and Diffs?

Sorry, I only did my 8 wheel bearings as I had one fail in the first hour of running. I did just look at the exploded view and it appears there are 4 or 6 bearings on the main drive/motor assembly. It's on the first gear reduction and that slipper clutch assembly and output shaft. I'll do my other bearings as any issues come up (noise. binding, dis-assembly etc.)

Sorry, I only did my 8 wheel bearings as I had one fail in the first hour of running. I did just look at the exploded view and it appears there are 4 or 6 bearings on the main drive/motor assembly. It's on the first gear reduction and that slipper clutch assembly and output shaft. I'll do my other bearings as any issues come up (noise. binding, dis-assembly etc.)
Rockers posts. I think thx

@PeaCue, I haven't tried AvidRC bearings myself (more of a TeamFastEddy bearings guy myself) but have heard good things about them from several people. I'm sure they are going to last you a good long while!
There top quality I use them on all my builds raced them on my Durango dex210s also

Is there a bearing kit out there for the Nero ?
No you'll have to build a kit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back