Sealed bearings - what brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Guys,

Im goin to get my hands on a full set of sealed bearings for my V3 Typhon..

Ofcourse there is FastEddy, i also found RCsrews makes them..

Are there more and better brands out there?

@Mike-NLD I'm a big fan of Fast Eddy Bearings, not only because he's a vendor supporter on ArrmaForum but I've known him for many years, a good friend and it doesn't hurt that his bearings are of great quality.

And.. I can get my hands on em quite easy.. Allthough im in europe.. Do i need to lubricant them when i put them in?

Guys,

I also will vouch for the Fast Eddy’s bearings. Just a reminder though, the Typhon 3S kit does not include steering bellcrank bearings to replace the stock bushings. You should consider the Hot Racing replacement that does come with bearings.

ATF4801

I also will vouch for the Fast Eddy’s bearings. Just a reminder though, the Typhon 3S kit does not include steering bellcrank bearings to replace the stock bushings. You should consider the Hot Racing replacement that does come with bearings.

ATF4801

Its a 6s V3

Are they included in that kit?

Guys,

Check out Avid as well. They also offer complete kits.

Fast Eddy ships globally and yes they make a complete kit for your vehicle. Given shipping costs it makes sense to order a few packs and like @Notorious J has said, Avid is another popular brand. I have bought Fast Eddy's and more recently AVID to try them out. I will probably settle back on Fast Eddy's going forward assuming all else proves equal for no other reason but their support for this forum. That's not a criticism of Avid or any other vendor, but if they support us I will support them....again all else being pretty much equal in terms of quality (pricing is much the same from memory)

Like everyone says Fast Eddies or Avid, been around and widely used!

I have Fast Eddy bearings in my 3s Typhon and I use Jim's Bearings in my Outcast. So far the Fast Eddy kit is holding up well after 6 months and my first Jim's kit lasted over a year before they started to get gritty.

Im goin to for a full set of AVID bearings..
I like the fact they have the ones bein rubber sealed on 1 side and just metal on the other..

Thnx for all the info Guys!

Im goin to for a full set of AVID bearings..
I like the fact they have the ones bein rubber sealed on 1 side and just metal on the other..

Thnx for all the info Guys!
Don't get those. You want full sealed. The revolution bearings are only useful for things like transmissions where only one side of the bearing is exposed so the output bearing on the gearbox case is basically the only place on these vehicles that they would be of any use.

Don't get those. You want full sealed. The revolution bearings are only useful for things like transmissions where only one side of the bearing is exposed so the output bearing on the gearbox case is basically the only place on these vehicles that they would be of any use.
But if you think of where most of them go, except for say the center dif, only one side would ever be exposed. The plus with these is that they are easily serviced. You can clean and lube them without ever removing a seal.

But if you think of where most of them go, except for say the center dif, only one side would ever be exposed. The plus with these is that they are easily serviced. You can clean and lube them without ever removing a seal.
Both front and rear diffs both sides of the bearings get stuff on them at least mine do. The inner bearing in the rear hubs is completely exposed on both sides do to the slot in the stub axle for the dog bones(there is even a thread on here about that causing bearings to fail prematurely, these were the first bearings to fail in my Outcast). Stuff still gets inside the hubs up front as well but not as bad as the rears. I am sure that a full rubber sealed kit will outlast the revolution bearings at the end of the day.

The plan is, to find out what bearings are exposed both sides and what bearings are exposed on only one side..

Centre diff ones are exposed both sides.. So, for those ill take double rubber.. Front and rear diff outdrive ones are exposed at only one side.. So, ill take single rubber for those..

Steering ones im not sure about.. Need to check.. Same thing for the wheel ones..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back