Search button for all your questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well put @Notorious J @WoodiE . If you know the answer, it's just as easy to help, as it is to get snarky. And I completely agree with WoodiE that thread titles are the biggest problem. A lot of times if a title is non descriptive I skim past it.

I try to remind myself, that we have some folks that are very young, and some folks that english is not their first language, so you can't just assume someone is just lazy. But for those of you who should know better....SHAME! :ROFLMAO:

I would say a gensacearespammers tattu or hrb. I hear good things about china hobby :ROFLMAO: I hear what you are saying. How about this we have a section called "commonly answered questions" and us geezers do a monthly check and keep it up to date. That way if they post the same question we can kindly point them to the correct link and thread with the correct answer. That way they aren't overwhelmed going through a million threads but the same question won't be posted 3 times an hour. Kind of a best of both worlds type deal. And keep woodies sugestion of having that reminder to check exploded views and parts lists too.
Wait a tick....Someone changed what I wrote lmao. Okay note to self woodie doesn't like erm GA lol

Hey no issues my friend lol I recommended it for the joke factor cuz well ya know. Hrbs are not to bad so far for me and my China Hobby hasn't got here yet. I just thought it was funy you changed it lol
Now you know why I always say Ace of Gens when I talk about them. Sorry they burned you @WoodiE, but they are still my go to brand. SMC are just not widely available up here in the great white north.

Now you know why I always say Ace of Gens when I talk about them. Sorry they burned you @WoodiE, but they are still my go to brand. SMC are just not widely available up here in the great white north.
We have Samsung to blame for that, ever since the exploding Note they changed a lot of the restrictions on shipping lithium batteries and even shipping them out of the country is a huge hassle. This was the reason why Spc Racing no longer sells lipos batteries. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthre...o-SPC-Racing&p=6314917&viewfull=1#post6314917

I got a good question, why the hell is it that when I try to move the cursor thingy into the middle of a sentence to edit it the new words or letters I type eat up the other letters like pacman. I have to rewrite the whole sentence. It just did it to me in the battery thread and now my post looks like our baseball friend wrote it.

Not without some special coding and even still I would see this as more of a nuisance and the opposite of user friendly than anything.

Here is an idea I'm thinking of that "MIGHT" help...

When a user creates a new thread, they select a prefix (say for example Kraton) and between the title and message fields they get a message like "have you checked the manual, parts list, etc"

Something like this:

View attachment 122502
What about a trouble shooting portal?

I got a good question, why the hell is it that when I try to move the cursor thingy into the middle of a sentence to edit it the new words or letters I type eat up the other letters like pacman. I have to rewrite the whole sentence. It just did it to me in the battery thread and now my post looks like our baseball friend wrote it.
Nothing to do with the forum. Sounds like your insert key on your keyboard has been pressed. ;)

You are absolutely right. In many cases a lot of the answers are indeed in the manual or exploded views.

This is my dilemma though - how do I better incorporate those items into ArrmaForum? It clearly can't just be a link to said items, because people clearly aren't reading those documents from Arrma's own website NOR what comes with the RC's when they buy it.

If we could figure out a solution to that question, how do I better incorporate those items into ArrmaForum, then we might be able to better help people, quicker and possible with less repeated asked questions.
Just a suggestion, try a Chilton's manual approach?
You are absolutely right. In many cases a lot of the answers are indeed in the manual or exploded views.

This is my dilemma though - how do I better incorporate those items into ArrmaForum? It clearly can't just be a link to said items, because people clearly aren't reading those documents from Arrma's own website NOR what comes with the RC's when they buy it.

If we could figure out a solution to that question, how do I better incorporate those items into ArrmaForum, then we might be able to better help people, quicker and possible with less repeated asked questions.
My two cents? You already have a good system almost similar to a Chilton's manual. I have one for every vehicle I ever owned( and then some).
Screenshot_20210126-205834_Samsung Internet.jpg

Theres already a breakdown. 3s 6s 8s sections are no different than my Canyon's Chilton manual in the sense a Colorado owner can use it too. The slight differences can be noted as needed. Even my old Cavalier('94 Cav rss 3.1) Chilton book covered maybe 6-8 models over 10 years. The ARRMA rigs are no different. The problem is as noted earlier, the BEST answers are lost behind hundreds of questions with poor or no answers. Yeah, its alot to reorganize and attach to stickies. But that might be simplest. Simple, but still a job in itself. I know that I, for one, would pay more than a yearly site maintenance membership fee to have easier access to my questions.
Not without some special coding and even still I would see this as more of a nuisance and the opposite of user friendly than anything.

Here is an idea I'm thinking of that "MIGHT" help...

When a user creates a new thread, they select a prefix (say for example Kraton) and between the title and message fields they get a message like "have you checked the manual, parts list, etc"

Something like this:

View attachment 122502
The underlined part is a link?

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, try a Chilton's manual approach?
My two cents? You already have a good system almost similar to a Chilton's manual. I have one for every vehicle I ever owned( and then some).
View attachment 122627
Theres already a breakdown. 3s 6s 8s sections are no different than my Canyon's Chilton manual in the sense a Colorado owner can use it too. The slight differences can be noted as needed. Even my old Cavalier('96 Cav rss 3.1) Chilton book covered maybe 6-8 models over 10 years. The ARRMA rigs are no different. The problem is as noted earlier, the BEST answers are lost behind hundreds of questions with poor or no answers. Yeah, its alot to reorganize and attach to stickies. But that might be simplest. Simple, but still a job in itself. I know that I, for one, would pay more than a yearly site maintenance membership fee to have easier access to my questions.

The underlined part is a link?
Yup.

And for people like me, maybe make it slightly more obvious the logo is a button! Lol Seriously, I almost live in those threads now....
Everything is a button if you press it hard enough :LOL:

So here is a funny story that might help explain somethings...

Making some menu tweaks and other changes this evening and I noticed when viewing the site as a GUEST (not logged in) users can NOT search.

The search abilities were not enabled. The search button only appears and works when a user is registered and logged in. This clearly isn't user friendly and if a new user can't search from the get go why would we expect them to do it as soon as they are registered?!

That has now been corrected and anyone, guest or member can search the site. ;)

So here is a funny story that might help explain somethings...

Making some menu tweaks and other changes this evening and I noticed when viewing the site as a GUEST (not logged in) users can NOT search.

The search abilities were not enabled. The search button only appears and works when a user is registered and logged in. This clearly isn't user friendly and if a new user can't search from the get go why would we expect them to do it as soon as they are registered?!

That has now been corrected and anyone, guest or member can search the site. ;)
Im pretty sure I was prompted to register to view threads. I NEVER join Forums as most aren't helpful and full of trolls. And I most certainly NEVER pay for membership(this one was a first) until something Mr. Duke did convinced me this Forum is different from others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back