Typhon Second Arrma - Outcast 4s or Kraton 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmAh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
I've narrowed down my options to either the Outcast 4s or the Kraton 4s. I already have the Typhon 3s and looking for a second car that I can be a little rougher with. I've watched a bunch of review videos and still can't decide. I'd like to have it for dirt tracks, grass, some jumps and occasional pavement. My LHS has the Outcast for $100 cheaper than the Kraton if that helps.

Greatly appreciate your suggestions!

I've narrowed down my options to either the Outcast 4s or the Kraton 4s. I already have the Typhon 3s and looking for a second car that I can be a little rougher with. I've watched a bunch of review videos and still can't decide. I'd like to have it for dirt tracks, grass, some jumps and occasional pavement. My LHS has the Outcast for $100 cheaper than the Kraton if that helps.

Greatly appreciate your suggestions!

If the Outcast is $100 cheaper, I think that makes the decision pretty easy.

I have the outcast 4s and love it. It is very tough and I have only had minimal problems. The only difference between them is that the outcast has a shorter chasis which means it will do more wheelies and is easier to backflip, over the kraton. So if the outcast is 100 dollars cheaper I would go with it.

Outcast if you like wheelies and stunts. Its easier to do flups with its short wheelbase. Kraton is more stable in general and much more controlled. It will still wheelie on demand and jumps well. It all depends what you really want to do between these 2 rigs.

I love my kraton I've always thought the outcast 4s looked particularly awsome. I'd go for that one. Then save up for the krwton 6s??

I have both the K4S and O4S. I love them both but handling of the K4S makes it more fun to drive. I can still pull back flips on command and in my opinion flys better in the air than the O4S. The O4S is a bit squirrelly to me and tips over too much.

Aside from price, I’d say go for the Kraton but if the O4S is $100 cheaper then get the outcast, you can always convert it to a Kraton for about $30. Get RPM arms and a new transmitter and you’ll be set.

Note: I have O4S tires on my kraton

In general i saw less outcasts here having problems than kratons and its 100$ cheaper go for it i guess. To me outcast has less stress on the overall drivetrain of the car because of the short wheel base it can even wheelie on 2s if the esc could run 2s the kraton needs quite a lot of throttle to lift the front tires up cant really wheelie at all on 3s on stock pinion for example

Go for the Outcast for the money. What you saved use for upgrades like radio first thing, then RPM arms, then bearings and you're good to go!

I agree with the above. Saving $100 would do it for me. Put the money into some upgrades, new radio, next rc...

I have the outcast 4s and love it. It is very tough and I have only had minimal problems. The only difference between them is that the outcast has a shorter chasis which means it will do more wheelies and is easier to backflip, over the kraton. So if the outcast is 100 dollars cheaper I would go with it.
What mods have you done to your outcast 4s. Mine breaks ALL the time and u have a thing racing front bumper, rpm arms all around, and new rear shocks that don’t leak as much

What mods have you done to your outcast 4s. Mine breaks ALL the time and u have a thing racing front bumper, rpm arms all around, and new rear shocks that don’t leak as much
I have only changed the radio and nothing else has broken on mine

Tbone racing front bumper and cheap shocks from ebay or buy the rebuild kit mine never ever leaked even after bending the shafts badly

Main difference is the Outcast has a shorter chassis. So the Outcast will be better for backflips and wheelies. With the longer wheelbase, the Kraton will have more stability at speed. Which are you going to do more, flip or go fast?

I did the O4S to K4s conversion: so much more fun to drive . a lot more stable and controllable. Especially if you want to jump its easier to accelerate and therefore bigger jumps. With 4S battery - wheelies on demand for days.... did double to triple back flips at the weekend. Even less breakages then on my 6s car. I really love it. stock typhon 4s shocks are really the way to go - so smooth - perfect for this car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back