Second Run Much More Fun (Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBBD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
My son put the Fury through its paces today. He tried to break it :)

Getting the feel of the throttle, learning its not all or nothing.

Ran thru 2 Venom 4200 NiMh batteries at about 20 minutes each and the stock 2000 in about 12 minutes. We could go do some more as the charger is about done.

Here are some pics:

image_zpszmzpfyb1.jpe

image_zpsytylqqbo.jpe

image_zpseabcm17j.jpe

Last edited:
Nice bashing spot you got there. Those are some great pics! It looks like you're in AZ or NV with that desert landscaping.

Nice bashing spot you got there. Those are some great pics! It looks like you're in AZ or NV with that desert landscaping.

Thanks guys!

We are in the California desert. That pile he's jumping over are remnants of a turn on a track an ex-neighbor built in a vacant lot before we bought the Fury.

My son liked going around the track, but quickly figured out if he came up the backside of the banking he could get some serious air!

No doubt, its a huge upgrade from the department store toys. I was nervous about spending that much money (car, batteries, charger and misc parts/storage box I am in about $325 which I know is nothing in comparison to some of you).

But I can honestly say it has been well worth it. I have a 5 year old that I will probably buy another one for next year.

Last edited:
much better pics than I have managed to take!

Thank you.

Not trying to make you feel bad, but those were taken with an iPhone 6.

I am not an Apple fanboy by any means, but I have to admit I was surprised how the action shots came out. Taking pictures was an after thought after we went outside....so I just took out the phone.

Thank you.

Not trying to make you feel bad, but those were taken with an iPhone 6.

I am not an Apple fanboy by any means, but I have to admit I was surprised how the action shots came out. Taking pictures was an after thought after we went outside....so I just took out the phone.
Nice! Was going to ask about your camera, lol!

I like them. However, I honestly don't have much to compare them to.

They last about 20-25 minutes depending on how hard my son runs the truck. Today, We ran a Venom battery for about 20 minutes in a grassy environment, and then he barely got 10 out of the stock 2000, so run time is definitely greater.

I am going to pick up a couple more in the hopes He can run one down and put it on the charger. Hopefully it will charge while cycling through the next 3, then we can keep the process rolling for some extended playtime.

I will say he tells me a lot how much he loves the truck and always makes sure I put the "Four Two Zero Zero" batteries in it.

Last edited:
Nice! Was going to ask about your camera, lol!

My "real" cameras are a Nikon D5000 and for a point and shoot I bought my wife a Canon SX530 HS for Christmas. Next time we go play in the dirt I will bring one of those along.

How are you liking the fury with the longer run times?

Love it! May get a couple 5000mAh Venoms just because.

LiPos are most likely in the future, but with my younger son not far behind the NiMh's won't go to waste.

My "real" cameras are a Nikon D5000 and for a point and shoot I bought my wife a Canon SX530 HS for Christmas. Next time we go play in the dirt I will bring one of those along.
Wait a minute here; you're a Nikon guy and got wifey a Canon?
I was ready to upgrade from a D40-X [2007] to a 5300, instead went with a GoPro Black. My Nikon P420 has been a disappointment, should have gone with the Canon Point & Shoot.
I got a Sony HDR-CX240 off the clearance rack. I've had so many great cameras that become obsolete, always careful - not wanting them to get busted, blah, blah. This cheapie Sony? I don't want it to be busted or dropped, but it's going to hell and back and I don't care if it gets busted. LOLing@myself...

with the provided charger from arrma, you can charge the venom batteries right?

You can charge the Venom batteries with it. But, depending on the mah rating of the battery it will take awhile.

After only having about 10 minutes of runtime with the 2000mah battery, it took almost 2 1/2 hrs to recharge with the stock charger which is rated at just 750 mah.

Higher rated batteries will take even longer. Just divide the mah rating of the batteries by 750 to get an approximate charge time.

I would really recommend investing in a better charger.

I was told to take the "furnished charger" and do your NCAA 3-2-1 countdown as you flip it into the trash for a championship 3 pointer, then get a hobby grade charger.
I missed the long shot, hit the slam dunk, then got the hobby grade charger...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back