Talion Second run with the EXB. Car park bash breakage

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion
  3. Vorteks
Hey Guys

I'm very new to 6S cars but quite experienced with the 3S range. I really enjoyed my first off road session with the Talion EXB. Some big tumbles and some bigger air with no breakages apart from a split in the rear wing. Yesterday, however things didnt go as well, doing a simple car park speed test, next to my friend's infraction
Car is stock other than a rocket v2 motor fan and an upgrade from the stock pinion to an 18t.

On about the second pass, following some hard acceleration and breaking there was a quiet "bang" . I limped the car back to me and we noticed that the bearing had exploded and the drive shaft come out. Its a bit hard to tell from this picture but is there a known issue with drive shafts coming out that I need to know about.....and a fix. I remember hearing about it on older Kratons.

IMG-4958.JPG

Then I noticed that there were screw holes here and having checked the official images, noticed that I was missing some hexes. Can anyone tell me what I need as the holes look small ? Im guessing whatever it is needs loctiting.

IMG-4957.JPG

And finally, can you please reccomend me some bearings. Im in the UK so would normally get "Jim's bearings" which are sold here by CRCU but theyre out of stock. Ive noticed that some places advertise the ABEC rating. ABEC 5 bearings seems to be about 50% more than ABEC 3s. Happy to pay the extra if its worth it.

Last edited:

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
On my Infraction I'm exceedingly happy with the ceramic hybrid metal shield bearings I purchased from Scorched for drivetrain and wheel hubs, though I wouldn't recommend those if you're running in dirt/mud conditions. On my spool I'm using the ones that came on the Joe Diaz spool (ceramic hybrids which I believe are from a company called 2Cool Custom RC). From what I know AVID RC makes really good bearing kits at a variety of price/quality points from basic to plaid. Among other things they make hybrid seal bearing with metal shield on one side and rubber on the other (rubber facing outward for better protection from dirt and dust, metal on the inside for friction reduction).

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion
  3. Vorteks
On my Infraction I'm exceedingly happy with the ceramic hybrid metal shield bearings I purchased from Scorched for drivetrain and wheel hubs, though I wouldn't recommend those if you're running in dirt/mud conditions. On my spool I'm using the ones that came on the Joe Diaz spool (ceramic hybrids which I believe are from a company called 2Cool Custom RC). From what I know AVID RC makes really good bearing kits at a variety of price/quality points from basic to plaid. Among other things they make hybrid seal bearing with metal shield on one side and rubber on the other (rubber facing outward for better protection from dirt and dust, metal on the inside for friction reduction).
Thank you. You clearly know your bearings !

Velodromed

Rubberside ⬇️
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vorteks
  6. Voltage
That sucks man. Same happened with my new Kraton, 5 or so minutes into it’s first run. Right front inside wheel bearing exploded with a loud crunch. Broke the cup, slightly bent the shaft and gouged the arm bad. Crappy bearings.

7C5F3DDD-AFD1-41E9-9692-3BCB3C1DE240.jpeg

PatMarcus172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Talion
  3. Vorteks
That sucks man. Same happened with my new Kraton, 5 or so minutes into it’s first run. Right front inside wheel bearing exploded with a loud crunch. Broke the cup, slightly bent the shaft and gouged the arm bad. Crappy bearings.

View attachment 217495
thats damn near exactly what it looks like but I think I might have gotten off more lightly than you. Better bearings ordered and on we go.