Secret servos with amazing specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard mixed things about the PowerHD servos, some people saying that the specs are wrong, others having gears strip, the servos won't center and have a lot of play in them or they just burn up.

So does anyone know where to get good cheap servos from the US? It seems like all these good Bluebird and JX servos are only available from China. I know RCJuice has some JX servos but they seem to always be out of stock, and the last time I tried to order from them it wouldn't even let me log in to their website. I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and my phone.

Cheap and easy to WP the servo yourself -

If there isn't an o-ring on the output shaft inside the case, I don't trust it against water. Had too many nitro's take off with the throttle servo going WOT due to water even after greasing/plastidip/liquid tape/ballooning/o-ring under the horn. I don't bother buying one that isn't listed as water proof or water resistant anymore. 10+ years ago, it may have been harder to find without spending a lot, but these days, you can find them in almost all price ranges with o-rings on the case and one on the output shaft.

Why is it when a servo dies due to water or electrical failure that they always go WOT instead of full brake? LOL! When that happens, a fail safe or servo spring does nothing.

If there isn't an o-ring on the output shaft inside the case, I don't trust it against water. Had too many nitro's take off with the throttle servo going WOT due to water even after greasing/plastidip/liquid tape/ballooning/o-ring under the horn. I don't bother buying one that isn't listed as water proof or water resistant anymore. 10+ years ago, it may have been harder to find without spending a lot, but these days, you can find them in almost all price ranges with o-rings on the case and one on the output shaft.

Why is it when a servo dies due to water or electrical failure that they always go WOT instead of full brake? LOL! When that happens, a fail safe or servo spring does nothing.
I currently have 3 Bluebird BMS-373MG servos that are waterproofed with just plasti dip on the case and the inside of the case packed with marine grease, they have been in my Summit for almost 2 years now and this thing has been all over the place in snow, through creeks, mud holes ect and they are still going strong, hell so far these have outlasted the stock steering servos by 23 months.

So does anyone know where to get good cheap servos from the US? It seems like all these good Bluebird and JX servos are only available from China. I know RCJuice has some JX servos but they seem to always be out of stock, and the last time I tried to order from them it wouldn't even let me log in to their website. I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and my phone.
I got one of the lower $ ones from rcjuice a while back. I just put it in my brushless revo in place of a hitec 985MG. It's stronger, but I don't think it's as strong as the specs suggest, unless the 985MG was under rated. For $16 though, I'd definitely buy it again. Had it's maiden run today and the truck holds a line way better than it did with the 985MG.

I made a speed comparison video of it at 6V off a NiMH pack, nothing with load though:

Started with from left to right:
Traxxas 2075 w/savox metal gears
Changed out traxxas for:
Arrma ADS-15M 15KG

These were in all:
Power KS-3620 20KG
JX DC5821LV 21KG
Savox SW-0231MG

The Power KS-3620 is just awful. Slow and weak.

I currently have 3 Bluebird BMS-373MG servos that are waterproofed with just plasti dip on the case and the inside of the case packed with marine grease, they have been in my Summit for almost 2 years now and this thing has been all over the place in snow, through creeks, mud holes ect and they are still going strong, hell so far these have outlasted the stock steering servos by 23 months.
I have a box with 6 or 7 old analog servos that were fully sealed that are now garbage. I don't know why I keep them. Reminder to not buy again I guess. Couple futaba's, hitec 645MG's, 625MG, airtronics, traxxas... all dead due to water. Tried all the methods I mentioned and bashed in snow or wet grass. Never submerged.

I have a hitec 985MG in all 3 of my nitro trucks, 1 of them is over 8 years old. Still works like a top. All run in snow, wet grass, hit with garden hose to clean. That servo was listed as "dust resistant". The only thing I did to those was take the bottom cap off and put RTV around the servo wires. The output shaft, case halves have o-rings.

RCmart and Hobbyking are the places I get my bluebird servos from..??
For the money I don't think you can go wrong, I use them in various vehicles... so far so good ?

RCmart and Hobbyking are the places I get my bluebird servos from..??
For the money I don't think you can go wrong, I use them in various vehicles... so far so good ?
I want something that is shipped from the US and doesn't have to come via slow boat. Hobbyking doesn't have much of a selection in the US warehouse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back