Seems like a LOT of RC folks dig BBQ, So show your stuff!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattman209

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Delivery day. This thing weighs in at 1700 lbs! No fun moving this beast around.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Burning it in

Attachments

• IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 26
One day you won't bro, then it's on!
IMG_1062.jpg

Rib time!
IMG_1754.jpg

Butts

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1751 (1).jpg
    IMG_1751 (1).jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1758.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1757 (1).jpg
    IMG_1757 (1).jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1756 (1).jpg
    IMG_1756 (1).jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 25
Living in an apt sucks. I want to grill a steak so bad. QQ
In all honesty my favorite way to make ribeye is doing a reverse sear. You don’t need a grill for that. Just an oven and a cast iron skillet. Comes out with a perfect crust, juicy, and evenly cooked to your preference. I will add that if it’s not rare, or medium rare, then you shouldn’t be eating steak anyway. :p

In all honesty my favorite way to make ribeye is doing a reverse sear. You don’t need a grill for that. Just an oven and a cast iron skillet. Comes out with a perfect crust, juicy, and evenly cooked to your preference. I will add that if it’s not rare, or medium rare, then you shouldn’t be eating steak anyway. :p
That sounds good. I also use an iron cast skillet for my steaks but I've never tried a reverse sear. It's been so long since I've had a grilled steak, I really miss it though. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Delivery day. This thing weighs in at 1700 lbs! No fun moving this beast around.

View attachment 235356

View attachment 235357

View attachment 235358
Burning it in

Nice you have huge BBQ and Smoker combo here ? Must be Awsome.
This lasts Lifetime i believe ? Looks like a Heavy Duty PRO thing !
That sounds good. I also use an iron cast skillet for my steaks but I've never tried a reverse sear. It's been so long since I've had a grilled steak, I really miss it though. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Stop buying new RC Cars for 1month. Eat Steaks man ! Real men need big Steaks before Bash hard !

Do tell more! How do you do it?

Do tell more! How do you do it?
Season how you like since that’s subjective. Make sure you season one side and let sit for around 45 min. Flip and repeat. Then stick in oven at 300 on a rack. Use tinfoil to catch juices.You’ll need a temp probe. Once it reaches about 120 then take it out and stick the cast iron on the stove at almost high heat. I add ghee to the skillet but you can use butter or whatever I suppose. Once hot sear for about a min each side. Take out of skillet and let rest for about 10 min. Enjoy.

Disclaimer. All my temps except the actual probe temp are dependent on your stove and oven and steak thickness. It may take a bit of experimentation but that’s the jist of it all.

View attachment 235475

On a serious note though, letting your meat get close to room temp before cooking is advisable as well. Pull it out the fridge a half hour or so before cooking.

View attachment 235477View attachment 235478View attachment 235479View attachment 235480View attachment 235481View attachment 235482View attachment 235483

View attachment 235484
Wasn't hungry before, now I am?! Must have the scoobies😁🤤
Season how you like since that’s subjective. Make sure you season one side and let sit for around 45 min. Flip and repeat. Then stick in oven at 300 on a rack. Use tinfoil to catch juices.You’ll need a temp probe. Once it reaches about 120 then take it out and stick the cast iron on the stove at almost high heat. I add ghee to the skillet but you can use butter or whatever I suppose. Once hot sear for about a min each side. Take out of skillet and let rest for about 10 min. Enjoy.

Disclaimer. All my temps except the actual probe temp are dependent on your stove and oven and steak thickness. It may take a bit of experimentation but that’s the jist of it all.
Additional points for ghee!🤣 why couldn't we have a word of the day?

Additional points for ghee!🤣 why couldn't we have a word of the day?
🤣 It’s one of those “weird” words to me. I use it since it tastes like butter but has a higher smoke point than butter. Plus it’s actually a little better for you.

My setup…recteq rt-700 pellet grill and a 36 inch Blackstone griddle with built in air fryers. There also is a small electric smoker behind me in the photo. I also have another grill on my side porch but I never use it. I have a small kitchen downstairs in my basement so it’s just easier to cook downstairs on my front porch. Plus, I have a refrigerator full of alcohol ha ha

C704F43A-50E0-4370-82E9-6B50B5D7F4A2.jpeg

My setup…recteq rt-700 pellet grill and a 36 inch Blackstone griddle with built in air fryers. There also is a small electric smoker behind me in the photo. I also have another grill on my side porch but I never use it. I have a small kitchen downstairs in my basement so it’s just easier to cook downstairs on my front porch. Plus, I have a refrigerator full of alcohol ha ha

View attachment 235505
The Bull! A good friend of mine has one. And that Blackstone. Those Rectec’s are awesome.

That’s pretty medium isn’t it? Looks a tad over cooked 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤘🏻
I have these weird lights over where we eat. They make everything look weird. I hate them. My wife likes them. Internal temp was 120 before the sear on each side. But it sat for about 5-7 min before the sear also.

🤣 It’s one of those “weird” words to me. I use it since it tastes like butter but has a higher smoke point than butter. Plus it’s actually a little better for you.
Have you tried tallow? I prefer it to almost any other cooking fat for high temp cooks. Also can save a lean brisket too.

View attachment 235356

View attachment 235357

View attachment 235358
Burning it in
I thought moving my Big Green Egg was a chore….. 🤯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back