Talion Self clearancing center diff (ouch)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'mon6s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
617FA76E-F6F1-4828-A88F-B310FAE906F4.jpeg

What’s up guys- here’s the dilemma.

This must be a common thing, because it happened twice now to me.

A rock hung out by/under the center diff. Ground a channel into it like a mofo. Until the screws showed. Not leaking yet...

Have you guys seen, or built something around the center diff to keep boulders out of there? I want to get an aluminum center diff housing but I don’t want it to take the dirt road home like I’ve done to two stock ones.... any ideas appreciated

Hope you all are having a good night on this memorial weekend Friday.

John

That looks pretty sweet. Do you think it elevates operating temps though?

I've heard that it does increase temps slightly but I don't personally have data to confirm this. Luckily, I've never had to deal with rocks/gravel getting into the driveline parts on my Outcast

The Outcast has some debris deflectors on the front of the chassis, am I right?

I am thinking along the lines of making something like that... or something right around the center diff- out of aluminum, and just drilling the chassis from the bottom to mount it- as all the other hardware is mounted.

I put a dust cover on my Outcast
20180416_140949.jpg
and it does run warmer. I cut a hole in my windshield to allow more air to flow under the body.

View attachment 18957
What’s up guys- here’s the dilemma.

This must be a common thing, because it happened twice now to me.

A rock hung out by/under the center diff. Ground a channel into it like a mofo. Until the screws showed. Not leaking yet...

Have you guys seen, or built something around the center diff to keep boulders out of there? I want to get an aluminum center diff housing but I don’t want it to take the dirt road home like I’ve done to two stock ones.... any ideas appreciated

Hope you all are having a good night on this memorial weekend Friday.

John
The Outcast front dirt guards (AR320376) which also comes on the V3 Kraton should fit the V3 Talion and should prevent rocks, etc entering inside the chassis:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-outcast-front-dirt-guards-ara320376/p635669?r=0

On my Kraton, I even added a bit more material to the front dirt guards for even more protection from rocks, etc, as there was a small gap between the body and guards. This was done just for extra protection, but may not need to do with the Talion:
IMG_2750.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back