Kraton Going from E-Revo to Arrma Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone im new to this forum and really created an account to get more information about the kraton.
I bought An nice E-Revo for a really good price $320 dollars but it has become a money pit with me having to work on it 24/7, i want to sell it and get a kraton because it seems to be a way better truck, my main question.
Does this truck need any immediate upgrades? from what I've read the servo it pretty bad.
Does switching seem worth it, i only bash.

Hi everyone im new to this forum and really created an account to get more information about the kraton.
I bought An nice E-Revo for a really good price $320 dollars but it has become a money pit with me having to work on it 24/7, i want to sell it and get a kraton because it seems to be a way better truck, my main question.
Does this truck need any immediate upgrades? from what I've read the servo it pretty bad.
I did the same thing around a year ago. The Revo is a nice truck. But I can honestly say, the plastic drive shafts, and differentials in the Revo are garbage. I was tired of constantly rebuilding the differentials. I even upgraded the driveshafts to the high velocity ones, and those bent. I also had to upgrade every A-arm to RPM. The only thing I have replaced on my Kraton is my servo, and a wheel I cracked doing a double backflip. The Arrma's truly are durable, and worth the money. They are more designed for 6s lipo, where I personally believe the traxxas trucks are better designed for 4s lipo.

I've had issues with the diffs breaking on 4s, and i know other do too, I've never ran 6s because i know it cant handle it

The only thing the Kraton needs is an aluminum servo mount and a front bumper like the RPM one I prefer or a Tbone Racing one. That’s all I’ve done to my truck and the only thing I’ve broken is a few teeth off a pinion gear. Solid as a rock.

My e Revo broke less on 4s than my talion did. On 4s the e Revo is damn near bullet proof, and it flies better in the air too. My e Revo did have a center diff and my slipper wasn't completely locked either ( I am sure that helped a ton).The talion pitches its nose down too much off a ramp. You need to buy firmer springs to prevent the back from bottoming out and bouncing the rear back up at the edge of the ramp. I run the stiffest techno springs and I still can't hit the ramp at wot like I did with my e Revo. If you jump a lot you need to put in heavier center diff oil too so you can actually bring the nose up when your in mid air.

I know this sounds like a complaint or me whining about the talion, but the talion is still better. I just think hating on the e Revo is becoming a new fad now. The e Revo is a damn good truck. Both on 4s, it is not a huge night and day difference. But again my e Revo was setup for handing, stiffest springs aval, lowered ride height, center diff, rear chassis brace, sway bars front and rear, extended wheelbase rear arms truggy tires etc.

Those pictures are of my e Revo in the talion body and white truggy wheels, and you see it with my actual talion

Attachments

• IMG_20170706_191317.jpg
    IMG_20170706_191317.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20170813_125238.jpg
    IMG_20170813_125238.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
My e Revo broke less on 4s than my talion did. On 4s the e Revo is damn near bullet proof, and it flies better in the air too. My e Revo did have a center diff and my slipper wasn't completely locked either ( I am sure that helped a ton).The talion pitches its nose down too much off a ramp. You need to buy firmer springs to prevent the back from bottoming out and bouncing the rear back up at the edge of the ramp. I run the stiffest techno springs and I still can't hit the ramp at wot like I did with my e Revo. If you jump a lot you need to put in heavier center diff oil too so you can actually bring the nose up when your in mid air.

I know this sounds like a complaint or me whining about the talion, but the talion is still better. I just think hating on the e Revo is becoming a new fad now. The e Revo is a damn good truck. Both on 4s, it is not a huge night and day difference. But again my e Revo was setup for handing, stiffest springs aval, lowered ride height, center diff, rear chassis brace, sway bars front and rear, truggy tires etc.

Those pictures are of my e Revo in the talion body and white truggy wheels, and you see it with my actual talion

Honestly, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I think some of Traxxas' vehicles need updates and are overpriced, but the Revo isn't quite as bad as I think it's often made out to be. It sure as hell is one of my best jumping vehicles.

Honestly, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I think some of Traxxas' vehicles need updates and are overpriced, but the Revo isn't quite as bad as I think it's often made out to be. It sure as hell is one of my best jumping vehicles.
I don't think that the revo platform is bad, ive had a nitro revo and loved it but, now that ive had the e-revo the drivetrain issues are what i hate the most and with traxxas not going to fix it, id rather get rid of it

Switching from the Revo to the Kraton is a good idea. I had the Revo, awesome truck but i never managed to empty 2 6s packs on that truck before something broke. The Kraton handles over 20 packs without issues. Night and day difference in durability.

For upgrades: get some sealed bearings, put long screws in your servo mount and set your servo end points. TBR bumpers are life savers for every basher so get some. You can mount the rear tbr bumper for the Kraton also in the front. Looks a little less ugly.
The best offroad upgrade in my opinion are the Backflip tires from the Outcast. Not a cheap upgrade but a huge improvement for the Kraton.
And when you wan't to go all the way, get the orange Tekno springs and some heavier shock oil.

Have fun!

Switching from the Revo to the Kraton is a good idea. I had the Revo, awesome truck but i never managed to empty 2 6s packs on that truck before something broke. The Kraton handles over 20 packs without issues. Night and day difference in durability.

For upgrades: get some sealed bearings, put long screws in your servo mount and set your servo end points. TBR bumpers are life savers for every basher so get some. You can mount the rear tbr bumper for the Kraton also in the front. Looks a little less ugly.
The best offroad upgrade in my opinion are the Backflip tires from the Outcast. Not a cheap upgrade but a huge improvement for the Kraton.
And when you wan't to go all the way, get the orange Tekno springs and some heavier shock oil.

Have fun!
i just ordered one this morning, i have a set of badlands from my revo and will use those, also might take out the hitec servo in it.

I sold both my erevos. I had nothing but durability issues with them. I only used mine to race. I didn't even bash it. After a year of bashing and racing with the talion l finally had some bearings let go. That's all that l have broken. It's a very durable truck.

These were taken about a month ago

Attachments

• 20170729_170719.jpg
    20170729_170719.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20170723_114153.jpg
    20170723_114153.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 81
1st batch to upgrade:
Aluminum servo mount or $3 DIY upgrade
Hardened pinion like Robinson Racing 12XX (XX=teeth)
RPM front bumper
Carbon fiber rear shock tower (stock will bend on first impact, and upgraded aluminum is too rigid)
Tekno truggy springs. For Kraton my preference was Green in the rear, and Yellow 90mm "rear" springs in the front
Change diff oils to 100K center, preference for F+R ( I use 50k/50k).
May want to go ahead and install Mugen MBX7 diff shims in place of stock shims while you open the diffs
may want to add the wheelie wheel piece from Outcast

2nd batch:
Tear down and replace all bearings with rubber sealed kit
Add HR aluminum diff cup for center diff (may want to do this in step 1, it's pretty cheap, and you're opening up the diff anyway).
If any issues with diff, replace internals with Mugen MBX7 gears and drives. Buy the diff kit for MBX7 off Dollar Hobbyz
Buy Tekno shocks and standoffs, kit version from Dollar Hobbyz is the cheapest route.
Aluminum chassis braces
Outcast battery tray (requires a few holes drilled in chassis plate) - possibly add to 1st batch.

Nice to have:
Upgrade the ESC, my preference is Castle MMX for programmibility via PC software
Upgrade servo. - Stock will last with the aluminum mount, but might want a better one.
Badland tires are OK, but a bit under-sized for Kraton IMO. I love the Backflip tires, same tread in an appropriate scale for Arrma size.
Outcast side guards

I have an e revo aswell. There was a couple of things that went wrong when i first got it but apart from that haven't had many problems. Love hooning around on 6s.

The truck is great, servo is way better than people say it is. If you turn the dual rate to high and crash it on one wheel while cranking full dual rate, yes u can strip the gears. Set your servo saver 4 turns up from the base and 75% dual rate and it will last
The bumper is a must cause kraton doesn’t have one. 19$ rpm with lifetime warranty. Comes with rear skid plate as well. I would get the aluminum chassis supports but wait till you break the plastic before installing. The only thing your going to break over and over is the wing mount. But that’s driver error and 6s crazy torque

Yeah I will not own another erevo. Its a money pit. My rustler 4x4 is the same. I haven't had to put hardly any money in my talion and my kids and I beat the pee out of it.
The kraton will be worth it in the end

I've posted this many times....

The stock servo is NOT weak (IMO). However, the endpoint adjustment is way off out of the box; its actually binding/buzzing when it turns left to right. Please, please set your steering endpoints before you bash.
I have 3 Arrma's still operating on stock servos..... My Outcast is over 2 years old; Kraton 1.5 years old.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back