sensored motor and esc worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Anyone know by experience if its worth the extra hundred dollars or so to purchase a sensored motor/ esc for 1/8 track duty for my typhon and kralion?

I have been seeking the same answer to the question. Is the truck going to be used for racing or bashing? There have been test done and all the makers that make high rpm motors are sensorless. But when you race it's not all about speed , it's turning and jumping...control! The sensored motor won't glitch at very low speed, and if it's geared for Max potential. If you run like most it's probable on/ off full throttle

I have been seeking the same answer to the question. Is the truck going to be used for racing or bashing? There have been test done and all the makers that make high rpm motors are sensorless. But when you race it's not all about speed , it's turning and jumping...control! The sensored motor won't glitch at very low speed, and if it's geared for Max potential. If you run like most it's probable on/ off full throttle

I bought a sensored esc for my Typhon because it was a better esc and not or the low speed performance. I am more into the data logging that comes with the sensored operation. I’m a stats geek so I love that poop.

The 6-8s ESC are mostly sensorless. The sensor ESC are based on 4-6s but I agree on the data links. I think the mamba xl x is 1:5 and good for 8sbut it's sensorless

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back