Big Rock Sensored motor for the Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philter

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I own the Nero Big Rock and I would like to use it for both - for bashing and for crawling. I've already increased the ground clearance and mounted Outcast tires.
What do you think about installing a sensored motor? Would the Nero crawl like the Summit with its brushed motor? Have any of you tried to drive the Nero with a sensored motor?

IMG_20180206_173233__01.jpg

The Summit has a two speed gear box so I think it will always crawl better than the Nero. Also big sensored motors are not very common and of course you also need a different ESC. So I wonder if some Nero owner is switched to sensored.
Just wondering how did you increased the ground clearance? The Outcast tires look cool on the Nero!

Last edited:
Hi bro, How to increase the ground clearance? thx!
I have same idea with u
Look this, HOBBYWING XeRun XR8 plus+4274 SD G2

I have thought about this before. What would really be best is swapping the center diff for a two speed tranny. Either from a Summit or possibly a Axial Yeti XL?? Let me know if you do it!

Thanks for your answers. I already have a hobbywing Xerun ESC and I was thinking of a Turnigy 4270 motor from HK.

To increase the ground clearance I just adjusted the shocks to the middle holes and extended the push rods with two washers under the rod ends. Also I increased the preload of the springs. So, not a big deal. But you have to take care of the drive shaft rubbers which start rubbing on the upper A-arm when you exaggerate this.
Yeah, the Outcast tires are really outstanding. Perfect traction and no ballooning. Much better than all the tires I've had before.

IMG_20180209_170630__01.jpg

I have the castle mmx/2200kv sensored in my savage flux. It's very smooth at a crawl, although I never drive it at crawling speed. I only got it because I wanted a waterproof system vs the old MM version of the esc/motor I had on there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back