Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Sensored motor for the Big Rock

Discussion in 'Nero, Big Rock & Fazon' started by philter, Feb 6, 2018.

1. philter

philter Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    I own the Nero Big Rock and I would like to use it for both - for bashing and for crawling. I've already increased the ground clearance and mounted Outcast tires.
    What do you think about installing a sensored motor? Would the Nero crawl like the Summit with its brushed motor? Have any of you tried to drive the Nero with a sensored motor?

IMG_20180206_173233__01.jpg

2. RuBiker

RuBiker Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    The Summit has a two speed gear box so I think it will always crawl better than the Nero. Also big sensored motors are not very common and of course you also need a different ESC. So I wonder if some Nero owner is switched to sensored.
    Just wondering how did you increased the ground clearance? The Outcast tires look cool on the Nero!

#2 RuBiker, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock
    Hi bro, How to increase the ground clearance? thx!
    I have same idea with u
    Look this, HOBBYWING XeRun XR8 plus+4274 SD G2

4. dweano

dweano New Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock
    I have thought about this before. What would really be best is swapping the center diff for a two speed tranny. Either from a Summit or possibly a Axial Yeti XL?? Let me know if you do it!

5. philter

philter Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Thanks for your answers. I already have a hobbywing Xerun ESC and I was thinking of a Turnigy 4270 motor from HK.

To increase the ground clearance I just adjusted the shocks to the middle holes and extended the push rods with two washers under the rod ends. Also I increased the preload of the springs. So, not a big deal. But you have to take care of the drive shaft rubbers which start rubbing on the upper A-arm when you exaggerate this.
    Yeah, the Outcast tires are really outstanding. Perfect traction and no ballooning. Much better than all the tires I've had before.

IMG_20180209_170630__01.jpg

6. arrmaracing

arrmaracing Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
    hows your rock crawling adventures going?

7. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Premium Member!
    Premium Member

I have the castle mmx/2200kv sensored in my savage flux. It's very smooth at a crawl, although I never drive it at crawling speed. I only got it because I wanted a waterproof system vs the old MM version of the esc/motor I had on there.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer