Sensored verses sensorless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thar explains why the rx8 are so pricey
Most all modern sensors ESC's run a hybrid cycle.

I'd say the Tekin stuff is expensive because #1, you are paying for the USA name, and #2, you are paying for real Customer support. And #3, you are paying for 2 ESCs for each one you purchase, so they don't lose money till you burn the second one down... =)

Most all modern sensors ESC's run a hybrid cycle.

I'd say the Tekin stuff is expensive because #1, you are paying for the USA name, and #2, you are paying for real Customer support. And #3, you are paying for 2 ESCs for each one you purchase, so they don't lose money till you burn the second one down... =)
Lmao, i like how the rx8 switches from sensored at takeoffs and then goes too sensorless

Lmao, i like how the rx8 switches from sensored at takeoffs and then goes too sensorless
This is how most sensored systems work. The only one that I know of that works as sensored all the time is Hobbywing and they only will do that with Hobbywing motors.

Like @Jerry-rigged said, you are mostly paying for the Tekin name and customer service and that's why they are so expensive. Other sensored motors and escs are cheaper than Tekin, like Castle and Hobbywing.

In regards to that article, when did the Traxxas Velineon VXL-3s become sensored? I don't remember that esc having a sensor port...

This is how most sensored systems work. The only one that I know of that works as sensored all the time is Hobbywing and they only will do that with Hobbywing motors.

Like @Jerry-rigged said, you are mostly paying for the Tekin name and customer service and that's why they are so expensive. Other sensored motors and escs are cheaper than Tekin, like Castle and Hobbywing.

In regards to that article, when did the Traxxas Velineon VXL-3s become sensored? I don't remember that esc having a sensor port...
Controllers
In addition to strictly sensorless and strictly sensored controllers, there are two types of hybrid brushless controls. One type, such as the Traxxas Velineon VXL-3s, will automatically switch to sensored mode when a sensor loom is installed and sensors are detected. Another type of hybrid, such as Tekin RX8, switches from sensored at startup and low speed speeds to sensorless at high speeds.

Controllers
In addition to strictly sensorless and strictly sensored controllers, there are two types of hybrid brushless controls. One type, such as the Traxxas Velineon VXL-3s, will automatically switch to sensored mode when a sensor loom is installed and sensors are detected. Another type of hybrid, such as Tekin RX8, switches from sensored at startup and low speed speeds to sensorless at high speeds.
I read that in the article. How would you install a sensor loom for the controller to detect the sensors, if there isn't a place to plug the sensor loom into the esc was my question.

Controllers
Ive been reading this poop for two weeks, tying too find the best set up by the sounds of thing sensored motors arnt waterproof thats there only down fall

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190128-102847.png
    Screenshot_20190128-102847.png
    710.5 KB · Views: 53
The old VXL-3s had a port for a sensor wire https://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/vxl3s

The new one doesn't https://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/vxl3s/3355Rvxl3s

The VXL 3500kv is not a bad motor I run it in a 2wd Rustler with a Hobbywing Max10 80a RTR version esc (TR-MT10E esc). I would not bother with the VXL esc if buying new the motor yes the esc no a Hobbywing Max10 SCT 120a would be better IMO.
Ok, that makes sense. I was going to say that I didn't remember seeing a sensor port when I bought mine like 2 years ago. Not saying 100% that there wasn't one, just that I never saw one. Thanks for clearing that up.

The old VXL-3s had a port for a sensor wire https://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/vxl3s

The new one doesn't https://traxxas.com/products/parts/escs/vxl3s/3355Rvxl3s

The VXL 3500kv is not a bad motor I run it in a 2wd Rustler with a Hobbywing Max10 80a RTR version esc (TR-MT10E esc). I would not bother with the VXL esc if buying new the motor yes the esc no a Hobbywing Max10 SCT 120a would be better IMO.
I was wondering what that port was for. It just says AUX port on the esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back