Senton Senton 3s blx issues with 15t pinion & 26t pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papajohn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys,

New member here ?? I’ve had my 3s senton for about a two months now and have decided to try out different pinion gears such as the 15t and 26t. I tried out the 26t pinion and placed the screws in the designated “26” positions but the screws were so snug to the pinion itself that it wouldn’t allow the pinion to spin so I slapped the stock pinion gear (20t) back on and decided to save the 26t for when my adjustable motor mount comes in.

Now with the 15t pinion, I was able to fit in properly without any issues, but the car became significantly louder- kind of like a high pitched squeal under acceleration. I took the motor apart again, checked the spur gear, checked the pinion to make sure it was secured with the loctite, and everything was fine. It appears to not be slipping at all either? Still accelerates quickly, if not quicker, lol. Could it be that my slipper clutch is too tight? Any input would be greatly appreciated and I’d love to know if you guys had the same experience when installing the 26t pinion. Thank you!

Does your pinion/spur mesh have backlash? This means there is a tiny bit of play between the two gears.

Don't use the 26t pinion. Way too much gear for the truck and motor. You would have severe heat issues with the motor. Also, SCT's tend to go airborne at high speed and a 26t pinion gears it close to 70mph. It's an accident waiting to happen ?

Does your pinion/spur mesh have backlash? This means there is a tiny bit of play between the two gears.

It has a tiniest bit of play, but not so much to where it’s eating up the gears. After looking at it some more, it may be too tight actually but there seems to be no way to adjust the mesh with the predrilled holes on the motor mount.

Don't use the 26t pinion. Way too much gear for the truck and motor. You would have severe heat issues with the motor. Also, SCT's tend to go airborne at high speed and a 26t pinion gears it close to 70mph. It's an accident waiting to happen ?

I want it to fly ? Lol! I knew It was overkill and I would run into heating issues but curiosity got me. Maybe one speed pass won’t hurt..

Check slipper bearings next time it's apart, maybe you got one bad or something weird occured when you had it apart last.

It has a tiniest bit of play, but not so much to where it’s eating up the gears. After looking at it some more, it may be too tight actually but there seems to be no way to adjust the mesh with the predrilled holes on the motor mount.

I want it to fly ? Lol! I knew It was overkill and I would run into heating issues but curiosity got me. Maybe one speed pass won’t hurt..
Make the holes a little larger as other above have said. Just one drill bit step larger.

Until you get the adjustable motor mount, you can drill out one of the holes for the mount screws. Just go slightly larger with one hole and use the other as a pivot. That allows you to get a little wiggle room. Be sure to use blue loctite on the screws.
Check slipper bearings next time it's apart, maybe you got one bad or something weird occured when you had it apart last.

I’ll give the drilling method a shot since I have the adjustable mount to fall back on ?? I also went ahead and ordered the upgraded slipper clutch assembly as well. Sealed bearing might be a project for next week. Thanks for all the helpful information fellas! I’ll be posting a picture as soon as the car is up and ready

26t pinion, 3S, full throttle it will definitely fly. Literally ? Good luck! ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back