Senton 3s blx lost 3 motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrinone

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi i am needing help with my arrma senton 3s blx
2 sentons 3s blx as of oct of 2018
My son and i run them on our dirt track .
We run 3s packs .we lost first motor (always same problem front bearing in motor by pinion gear)
Maybe 7th run.arrma sent us a free one.
It lasted maybe 9 runs at around 40 minutes per run now its blowed the front motor bearing.
To top it off now i have lost motor on second truck. 3 motors in 2 months run 2 times a week if that.
Also we clean after each run and try to run track
Only when mostly dry.

Hi Darrinone, I had the same issue with my BRCC. The gear mesh between the spur and pinion is way too tight so it puts a lot of strain on the motor bearing causing it to explode. But the motor mount has a fixed gear mesh so you can't set it. To solve this you need the adjustable motor mount from Hot Racing or Arrma so you can set the gear mesh properly. Or you can use a dremel to adjust the original mount. I also replaced the front motor bearing with a sealed ceramic one, they last a lot longer. I hope this solves your problem.

When you say 40 minutes per run, you don't mean 40 minutes straight correct?
We run them Untell our battery pack dies .there is allot of stopping (5 -10) min so they are not being drove hard.

Hi Darrinone, I had the same issue with my BRCC. The gear mesh between the spur and pinion is way too tight so it puts a lot of strain on the motor bearing causing it to explode. But the motor mount has a fixed gear mesh so you can't set it. To solve this you need the adjustable motor mount from Hot Racing or Arrma so you can set the gear mesh properly. Or you can use a dremel to adjust the original mount. I also replaced the front motor bearing with a sealed ceramic one, they last a lot longer. I hope this solves your problem.
Thanks for the reply.i was going to try to rebuild
Them .How do you get the front cover off the blx
6030 3200kv motors i have heated and tryed but no luck there is still the outer bearing ring left in housing.i was able to get the core out by heating
But not the end cap .also what size is the bearing on the gear end.thanks for your time

That’s your problem. Don’t oil bearings. Ever. If you do it’s like half a drop and that’s really not needed.

Hi sorry i probably miss understood or answers wrongly.
I have not oiled the motor bearing at all.
I oiled the wheel bearings because they started seizing. But 3 weeks after buying the trucks
I replaced most all the bearings with sealed bearings so now have not had any more wheel bearings fail.
Just the motor failer.

Hi sorry i probably miss understood or answers wrongly.
I have not oiled the motor bearing at all.
I oiled the wheel bearings because they started seizing. But 3 weeks after buying the trucks
I replaced most all the bearings with sealed bearings so now have not had any more wheel bearings fail.
Just the motor failer.
Ah. When a bearing starts seizing its toast and you replace it then and there. Oil won’t revive it. Rather make it wear quicker as the oil is just resistance.

Hi i am needing help with my arrma senton 3s blx
2 sentons 3s blx as of oct of 2018
My son and i run them on our dirt track .
We run 3s packs .we lost first motor (always same problem front bearing in motor by pinion gear)
Maybe 7th run.arrma sent us a free one.
It lasted maybe 9 runs at around 40 minutes per run now its blowed the front motor bearing.
To top it off now i have lost motor on second truck. 3 motors in 2 months run 2 times a week if that.
Also we clean after each run and try to run track
Only when mostly dry.
Ah. When a bearing starts seizing its toast and you replace it then and there. Oil won’t revive it. Rather make it wear quicker as the oil is just resistance.
Yes i total agree we were just trying to get by untell our new sealed bearing were on order.
I do get fine dust in the motor gearbox and am wondering if the dirt is chasing up the motor shaft and entering the front bearing.there was a bit of dirt inside the failed motors

Well that’s your problem. There should be absolutely no dirt inside your motor, at all.

Yes but i don't know if the dirt entered at the time the bearing went or before.hope that makes sence.
It really should not get past the front bearing correct?. The gearbox is designed open at the bottom so arrma knows some dirt dust will enter the gears .normal after a run the chassis has some dirt and we blow and clean up a bit before nex run maybe the sentons need a net cover over it.

Yeah the open gear box is normal. Dirt shouldn’t be getting through into the motor though. Not just through the bearing, there should be no dirt in your motor, can hurt things.

So i guess if i can figure out for sure were the
Dust is coming in i will solve my problem.
Another member mentioned motor/pinion mesh is to tight causing stress on bearing.
Just don't know if the amount of dust would come in as the bearing failed i would think when that bearing gets any dirt/dust inside it would fail very quickly

So i guess if i can figure out for sure were the
Dust is coming in i will solve my problem.
Another member mentioned motor/pinion mesh is to tight causing stress on bearing.
Just don't know if the amount of dust would come in as the bearing failed i would think when that bearing gets any dirt/dust inside it would fail very quickly
I'd lean towards mesh being too tight... I've been running the snot out of my stampede 4x4 and eJato, both with 3800kv motors. I mostly run at skateparks and the local park, but I do run through playground/volleyball sand pits and mess around in dirt when I can. I have yet to have a motor issue. Granted, they aren't "arrma", but still, I don't do anything to them other than run them as far as the motor's are concerned. At most, I replace the fans when blades break off, but otherwise, the motors hold up.

Also haven't done anything to my outcast or the castle 2200kv sensored in my savage flux and castle 2200kv unsensored in my ERBE in over a year. The ERBE has seen a lot of wet/snow running as well.

Unless you have really super fine silt or something and your jamming a lot in there... or your just really unlucky.

What motor is it specifically? I was considering getting the arrma 3200kv motor's for my eJato and stampede now that I'm running 3S. I have a feeling when outside temps go up, I'm going to have heat issues and was thinking I need something a little lower KV, but not so low that I need to run 4S.

Will be interested if changing your mount to be able to adjust your mesh fixes your issue.

Gears being too tight will put a sideways force on your motor bearing which will wear it out as olds97_lss said. Maybe that is your issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back