Senton Senton 3s BLX motor alternatives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plugga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Evening all! So I had the motor bearings EXPLODE on my Senton and had ball bearings and casing pieces wedged in the motor, firmly seizing everything to a halt. Would that have damaged anything internally? I've pulled it all apart, but being a relative newcomer I don't really know what I'm looking at. I hear good things around here about Fast Eddy bearing kits if it's not damaged and just needs new ones, but what if it's ruined? Should I just replace the motor with a standard one? Or are there any alternatives that will straight swap?? Cheers guys!

Even if the motor itself is not damaged, most of the time you are left with only the outer race of the front bearing stuck on the motor case, and it's almost impossible to get it out, in this case you'll need a new motor.

First try to get a new motor from Horizon under warrenty.

Then, if you still looking for alternative motor, then i have good experience with the cheap Surpass Hobby 3665 3100kv. It's a direct fit.

Regardless what you do, after you have a working motor, seal the power module, as this is what ruin the bearings.

Even if the motor itself is not damaged, most of the time you are left with only the outer race of the front bearing stuck on the motor case, and it's almost impossible to get it out, in this case you'll need a new motor.

First try to get a new motor from Horizon under warrenty.

Then, if you still looking for alternative motor, then i have good experience with the cheap Surpass Hobby 3665 3100kv. It's a direct fit.

Regardless what you do, after you have a working motor, seal the power module, as this is what ruin the bearings.
Good info! Cheers! Will me being in Australia affect the warranty attempt?

I’m currently running the hobbystar 3670 3050kv in my senton. It’s a direct fit and get 10/10 stars all across the board. It’s 10mm longer than the stock 3660 blx motor and slightly lower kv, but the car shows some decent torque gains and runs way cooler.
By the way, I owe credits to @richduperbash on YouTube! If you search up his senton, you could see him running the 3670 3050kv hobbystar motor as well. ??

I have the same. The torque is crazy with the larger motor. It’s up to speed so fast. I’m running a 15t pinion still. Downside is they are out of stock. Rcjuice is where I got mine. Not sure on international shipping.

when my motor bearing shot and grinded up the inside of the motor, I ended up just calling horizon, got them to fund me on a new motor, and bought a 4s 2400kv blx motor through horizon, then bought a blx120 esc to run 4s.

I just emailed Horizon about the bearings/motor. Hopefully being an Aussie doesn't make it a knock back! Thanks for the replies!

Horizon usa would send your a need motor almost guarantee. And the bearing shaft is remivable but takes energy to do it test the motor with a multimeter and other stuff to be sure it is fine i have one 4s motor who spins nice and nothing suspecious but it has blown a bearing i have nothing to test than my esc so nope

I just emailed Horizon about the bearings/motor. Hopefully being an Aussie doesn't make it a knock back! Thanks for the replies!
I'm in the same boat. HH will not send a new motor to Aus, will need to go back to where your purchased your Senton from.

My motor is on the way to the retailer. They said that due to heating issues the issue could be a delamination of the magnets from overheating, which is not covered by warranty...

[Edt] I did email HH, after a few emails they said sorry not in US

I'm in the same boat. HH will not send a new motor to Aus, will need to go back to where your purchased your Senton from.

My motor is on the way to the retailer. They said that due to heating issues the issue could be a delamination of the magnets from overheating, which is not covered by warranty...

[Edt] I did email HH, after a few emails they said sorry not in US
Thats pretty stupid on account of horizon for not covering overheating, as long as its the stock pinion, gearing, and tires, they have no reason not to warranty it. When I called in about my motor failure, it was a 5 minute phonecall. I gave my information, described the problem, and they said a new motor is on the way. That was about 8 months ago, but I actually liked dealing with them, because even though my senton 3s was made during Hobbico's reign, Horizon still warranteed it.

Thats pretty stupid on account of horizon for not covering overheating, as long as its the stock pinion, gearing, and tires, they have no reason not to warranty it. When I called in about my motor failure, it was a 5 minute phonecall. I gave my information, described the problem, and they said a new motor is on the way. That was about 8 months ago, but I actually liked dealing with them, because even though my senton 3s was made during Hobbico's reign, Horizon still warranteed it.

They were going to swap ut but being in Aus they couldn't send one (not US). Retailer said may not be covered.

May end up using dropship company to get swapped by HH...

it seems as Horizon offers great support in the US. I'm from Germany and contacted the official German support because the motor was completely blocked. They told me that the dealer is my first contact. Had to send in the whole car including remote. The dealer didn't even try to fix anything and forwarded it to Horizon. I had to wait 4 weeks and in the end the motor was replaced, which I could have done by myself, if they just would have sent a motor...

Heat exscuse is bs. Motor bearing failure due to debris is imo 100% the cause. I can attest to bashing the crap out of mine, doing speed runs, and launching 30 ft with the 20t pinion and never having an issue. It wasn’t until the wheels touched dirt that I burnt up a motor. Went back to street bashing all was good. Went back to loose dirt and hey guess what, a 2nd blown motor.

Just my 2 cents. Rant over.

Wow, so it doesn't seem promising being in Aus then hey? Horizon still haven't replied, so I'll sit tight and wait. Failing that, I might try that eBay unit linked above. Cheers!

Radio silence from Horizon Hobby which is pretty disappointing. Not even a reply to say no. Ah well, eBay here I come!

Update from me, hobby shop I got my Sensont from is replacing my stuffed motor under warranty :)

Got myself a new transmitter with the money 'saved' by not needing to buy a motor.

Now I wait for the postal service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back