Senton 3s BLX plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kailiwela44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Senton 3s BLX V3owner.

I found that there is a lot of information spread out on the net (arrmaforum, youtube, reddit, etc.) But, finding the information I’m looking for can take a while. Hopefully, I can consolidate all my questions about building, repairing, and upgrading my Senton.

Suspension. When the stock parts break, I will be doing either replacement, upgrades, and maybe both. Currently, I have the typhon 6s shocks, axles, and hubs. If an A Arms breaks, am I able to use any of the Typhon A Arms as a replacement/upgrade? I believe the width will widen, but am okay with since I can order Senton Arms too.

Tires. Since I will have an option of switching from 17mm hex and 14mm hex, what is the largest tire diameter that can be installed? I’m currently running Duratrax Faze ST.

Pinion. Since I plan to go with larger tires, is there a downside besides losing top-end speed to run 15T pinion for any size tires? Or, is there a happier medium?

Replacement body. I recall a post saying that the Traxxas Slash advertised bodies will fit the Senton 3S. True? Are there any premade body mounts that raise the body higher? I recall seeing someone replace the side guards from a BRCC to mount a MT body. Any pointers?

There will probably be more questions as I sink into this wonderful abyss. Thank you in advance.

So any
Senton 3s BLX V3owner.

I found that there is a lot of information spread out on the net (arrmaforum, youtube, reddit, etc.) But, finding the information I’m looking for can take a while. Hopefully, I can consolidate all my questions about building, repairing, and upgrading my Senton.

Suspension. When the stock parts break, I will be doing either replacement, upgrades, and maybe both. Currently, I have the typhon 6s shocks, axles, and hubs. If an A Arms breaks, am I able to use any of the Typhon A Arms as a replacement/upgrade? I believe the width will widen, but am okay with since I can order Senton Arms too.

Tires. Since I will have an option of switching from 17mm hex and 14mm hex, what is the largest tire diameter that can be installed? I’m currently running Duratrax Faze ST.

Pinion. Since I plan to go with larger tires, is there a downside besides losing top-end speed to run 15T pinion for any size tires? Or, is there a happier medium?

Replacement body. I recall a post saying that the Traxxas Slash advertised bodies will fit the Senton 3S. True? Are there any premade body mounts that raise the body higher? I recall seeing someone replace the side guards from a BRCC to mount a MT body. Any pointers?

There will probably be more questions as I sink into this wonderful abyss. Thank you in advance.
any of the 3s line bodies will fit. I have a senton speed run car (check out my build thread) with a 6s system. It rocks! so for the suspension u are on the right track. U have the 6s shocks and arms and things like that. I recommend if u are bashing go with the 3s Typhon rpm arms. They are wider and better! For tires, there are lots of choices. When I bashed I chose lockups SC. For pinion the bigger the tires the smaller the pinion. U will lose top speed but not much since there is a bigger diameter. Replacement bodies: Slash bodies will fit but plz don't EVER PUT TRX PARTS ON AN ARRMA. @SrC is the Arrma PoPo and none of that happens! That is the summary of the basic upgrades that I have learnt from.

Senton 3s BLX V3owner.

Suspension: Yes you can upgrade to the wider Typhon arms, but you will also need the wider turnbuckles to match. I recommend the RPM arms if you buy any replacements.

Tires: Just about any 2.8” based tire should work, but if you go beyond the size of a ST tire, you will need to gear down.

Pinion: As said above, going down to a 15T will allow you to run just about any 2.8” tire. If you try larger than that, you will need to drop down even more. Stock 4S pinion is 13T I believe.

Body: Yes you can make just about any body fit. You might need additional body posts. Every body is unique and part of the hobby is figuring this stuff out.

Suspension: Yes you can upgrade to the wider Typhon arms, but you will also need the wider turnbuckles to match. I recommend the RPM arms if you buy any replacements.

Tires: Just about any 2.8” based tire should work, but if you go beyond the size of a ST tire, you will need to gear down.

Pinion: As said above, going down to a 15T will allow you to run just about any 2.8” tire. If you try larger than that, you will need to drop down even more. Stock 4S pinion is 13T I believe.

Body: Yes you can make just about any body fit. You might need additional body posts. Every body is unique and part of the hobby is figuring this stuff out.
You will also need to shave the wheel wells of body.. not too hard to do.
And shave more than "shock clearance. Factor in ballooning too.
https://www.prolineracing.com/short-course-desert-truck-bodies/

These ones are decent and don't break the bank.

Last edited:
You will also need to shave the wheel wells of body.. not too hard to do.
And shave more than "shock clearance. Factor in ballooning too.
https://www.prolineracing.com/short-course-desert-truck-bodies/

These ones are decent and don't break the bank.
Yes! Thank you. I saw those and was hoping they would at least fit the frame. I've went through those comparing wheelbase and width measurements since the Rubicon was the only one I can recall that listed the Senton. Now I know i'm on the right track.

Thank you!

Is 3.8" MT tires the biggest I should use with 13T? I am not planning to recreate Bigfoot 5.

Should I buy a spur gear or other tranny parts as back-up if I'm switching between 13T and 15T?

Just ordered the typhon turnbuckles from JennysRC. Got the text this morning, ordered along with the Senton screws kit.
So any

any of the 3s line bodies will fit. I have a senton speed run car (check out my build thread) with a 6s system. It rocks! so for the suspension u are on the right track. U have the 6s shocks and arms and things like that. I recommend if u are bashing go with the 3s Typhon rpm arms. They are wider and better! For tires, there are lots of choices. When I bashed I chose lockups SC. For pinion the bigger the tires the smaller the pinion. U will lose top speed but not much since there is a bigger diameter. Replacement bodies: Slash bodies will fit but plz don't EVER PUT TRX PARTS ON AN ARRMA. @SrC is the Arrma PoPo and none of that happens! That is the summary of the basic upgrades that I have learnt from.
Thank you. Will refrain from TRX parts. LOL

Yes! Thank you. I saw those and was hoping they would at least fit the frame. I've went through those comparing wheelbase and width measurements since the Rubicon was the only one I can recall that listed the Senton. Now I know i'm on the right track.

Thank you!

Is 3.8" MT tires the biggest I should use with 13T? I am not planning to recreate Bigfoot 5.

Should I buy a spur gear or other tranny parts as back-up if I'm switching between 13T and 15T?

Just ordered the typhon turnbuckles from JennysRC. Got the text this morning, ordered along with the Senton screws kit.

Thank you. Will refrain from TRX parts. LOL
In my experience the 3S rigs with 3.8” tires tend to pull the front wheels very easily. Also you won’t be able to turn all the way without body rub. That’s why the 4S come with wider arms. Anyhow, on 13T it should be fine heat wise. Next thing that might be an issue is the driveshaft u-joints popping. Keep the punch low and don’t land on throttle and it might be ok.

Take a look at my blog post, i bought a used Senton and overhauled it into a Big Rock. Then bought a new senton haha. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/a-short-history-of-a-used-senton-3s-blx.24164/#post-333349

IMG_20200728_201624.jpg

mmexport1594885812688_2.jpg

It's been a bit, but for the body swap you just need the sideguards and the big rock body mounts (or whatever body mounts you want...i think big rock and granite have the same body mounts, its just the chassis is longer). I went with the 4S Kraton stuff because I wanted to install the chassis brace. I've seen others just use the 3S body mounts and drill a hole for the brace. Depends how you want to hack it. The brace is harder to find now because Kraton 4s is discontinued, so Jenny RC wont have the complete one to buy.

are these the part numbers for typhon 6s orings shocks?
ARA330245, ARA716011,

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back