Senton 3s blx receiver swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone swapped out their Tactic receiver for this truck? Any suggestions?

Do you mean using a different transmitter? I use a Spektrum Dx5c. It’s a lot more customizable than the tactic and it allows you to pair multiple receivers to it (I have 8 on mine). The downside is the receivers aren’t cheap and my on/off button sticks (from day 1). I know there are less expensive alternatives that people use and some that are just as expensive like Futaba.

Do you mean using a different transmitter? I use a Spektrum Dx5c. It’s a lot more customizable than the tactic and it allows you to pair multiple receivers to it (I have 8 on mine). The downside is the receivers aren’t cheap and my on/off button sticks (from day 1). I know there are less expensive alternatives that people use and some that are just as expensive like Futaba.
Yes that's what I meant. I am new to the hobby so just wondering how customizable will this car be. Thanks

Yup, swapping the Tx/RX is easy. Just pic a radio you like and go.

I have a Radiolink RC4G. The radio is about $50, and extra RX are about $10. Great radio.

@razorrc has reviewed a lot of radios, and has some good radio videos on his youtube channel. Here is one talking about different price-point radios -

Lol ok I'll research the extra RX, I'm a newbie and I see I need to grab a RC dictionary lol

TX= Transmitter = the part you hold in your had to control the car.
RX= Reciever = the small box inside the car that the ESC and servo plug into - it receives the signal from the TX and actively controls the ESC and Servo

ESC = Electronic Speed Controler = the magic box that controls the motor speed.

:)

Edit - Oh, and when you choose a new radio system, RX cost is important because once you really get into the hobby, you will probably want (like most of us) to use one radio to control several models. So you need a new RX for each car. You need to think about whether or not your budget is OK with buying a $30-$50 RX for each car, or if you need to get a system with $8-$15 RXs.

TX= Transmitter = the part you hold in your had to control the car.
RX= Reciever = the small box inside the car that the ESC and servo plug into - it receives the signal from the TX and actively controls the ESC and Servo

ESC = Electronic Speed Controler = the magic box that controls the motor speed.

:)
I appreciate that break down thanks for the patience. I just ordered my car and I've been reading up on the most common broken parts so thank God for these forums.

Spektrum receivers can be had for $12 from China https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223156186684 or $16 from the US https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153281997761 on ebay.

I meant the remote sorry
You still need a different receiver if you swap out the remote. This is literally the only other land rc remote that tactic makes, everything else is for air vehicles https://www.tacticrc.com/transmitters/tacj0200/index.php

Each brand uses their own modulation so as an example you can't run a Spetkrum DX5C transmitter with a Tactic TR326 receiver. The Spektrum uses DSMR and DSM2 modulation the Tactic TTX300 uses SLT modulation.

Display and endpoints is my first concern if I'll spend up to $100. Speed to Rx must be more affordable than what Spektrum offers even with avc or whatever unless there's a substantial benefit that I can't see yet. I have one 2wd truck and use the traxxas system and it works well enough. I do like the bt app ok and ability to tune it slower for young cousins and nephew. Otherwise I can't see getting into new proto just yet but will look at more of his videos for sure.

You still need a different receiver if you swap out the remote. This is literally the only other land rc remote that tactic makes, everything else is for air vehicles https://www.tacticrc.com/transmitters/tacj0200/index.php

Each brand uses their own modulation so as an example you can't run a Spetkrum DX5C transmitter with a Tactic TR326 receiver. The Spektrum uses DSMR and DSM2 modulation the Tactic TTX300 uses SLT modulation.
Thanks a lot for breaking that down I never knew that. #screenshot

I run spektrum with all my trucks. I have an old DX3C transmitter and I've been buying the OEM SR210 receiver for about $30. I tried using the knock off receivers from China for a while, but they only seemed to last about 6 months, then they would get weird. When In found the SR210 , I just started going with that as the China ones died.

Something with spektrum, make sure you get receivers that have a coaxial antenna vs a single wire antenna. The single wire ones have horrible range. That's why I tried the cheap china ones for $8 a piece, they had a coaxial antenna. It tripled my range from 75yards to roughly 300yards (can't see that far to tell what's happening). Then when the china ones started dying on me, I looked around for an actual spektrum receiver I wanted to pay for. Having one truck and spending $60 on a receiver isn't a big deal. Having 9 trucks however... nearly $600 with tax. At the time I was needing them, the cheapest coaxial one I could find was around $55.

I still have china ones in a couple of my trucks, but I think all my electric trucks are running the SR210 now. I don't drive nitro's much these days... but I'm 99% sure I have the $8 orange china knock offs in all 3 of my nitros.

Thanks a lot for breaking that down I never knew that. #screenshot

Slick makes a good point. Also, with some MFGR's, they may use a few different modulations across their line. Flysky is one company that does this (I think they have 3 or 4 different modulations) Spektrum also does this. They have their DX line and the cheaper SX line that won't talk to each other. Futaba also has a bit of this going on, but I think for them, it is Old Standard vs New Standard, and their higher end radios can talk to both RX version, but the lower end radios only talk to the new RX. (I may be confused on this, though).

The moral of the story, though - when you buy a radio, you are buying a system. Make sure you stay in the system as you buy parts.

Display and endpoints is my first concern if I'll spend up to $100. Speed to Rx must be more affordable than what Spektrum offers even with avc or whatever unless there's a substantial benefit that I can't see yet. I have one 2wd truck and use the traxxas system and it works well enough. I do like the bt app ok and ability to tune it slower for young cousins and nephew. Otherwise I can't see getting into new proto just yet but will look at more of his videos for sure.
I tried AVC on my LC Racing truggy and no matter how much I messed with it the car would just steer wherever the hell it felt like. So I shut it off and haven't messed with it since.

I don't have much xp with multiple surface radios and not even any to speak of owning a frsky open tx QX7 for some quads and stuff I'm bad at flying.
In my very limited experience, I have enjoyed having two vehicles on the Traxxas system; the bt module and phone app work. Easy to update firmware etc and my Slash can have multiple switchable profiles for any situation especially when sharing the grip. I only have one on there now as I booted the E-Revo 2 a month ago. And I even considered getting a few more TRX receivers but haven't. Now I just label my other ones. lol
label radios.jpg

Will the spectrum/futaba tx bind with the tatic rx, that is the standard makes 3ch

Last edited:
I have never bought a upgraded tx and rx but I was thinking that one of the reasons for the 2.4 GHz was the fact you could bind any combination

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back