Senton 3s blx receiver swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never bought a upgraded tx and rx but I was thinking that one of the reasons for the 2.4 GHz was the fact you could bind any combination

The 2.4 gets rid of the frequency crystals, and allows a bunch of cars to run with together - this is true. But they do this by using encrypted 'packets' similar to internet traffic. So for a radio to talk to a TX, it needs TWO things - First, they need to be talking the same language. And second, they need the security Key.

For the 'Language' - this is the radio protocol. DSME vs FHSS vs FAST vs whatever else. On the flyer-side of the hobby, they have mulit-protocol radios, but for surface, most radios only speak one protocol.

For the "KEY" - This happens when you bind the radio and RX - they exchange keys and then only accept instructions that contain their key. So even if you have 10 FHSS radios running together, each TX will have it's own key, and the RX will only read the instructions with that one key. With some 2.4 protocols, there was a limited number of keys, so when several people had that same radio, glitching would happen (was common with older Spktrum and Flysky stuff). Most modern radios don't have this issue anymore, though.

Model Memory - Radios will MM can have different sets of settings saved, for channel end points, steering trim, etc. Some of the higher end radios will even use a different 'key' for each MM slot. Even without MM, though, you can normally bind several RX's to one TX. For most non-telemetry radios, the bind is one-way - the RX learns the TX key, so you can have several RX's that know the TX key.

TLDR - The Tactic and Spektrum radios speak different languages, so they can't bind.

I have never bought a upgraded tx and rx but I was thinking that one of the reasons for the 2.4 GHz was the fact you could bind any combination

Well it's not, lol. Unfortunately you have to buy both.

Thank you. Never to old to learn something new, lol. That's is good to know because soon I am going to be getting a better model and wasn't looking at getting new receivers

Thank you. Never to old to learn something new, lol. That's is good to know because soon I am going to be getting a better model and wasn't looking at getting new receivers
If you buy a new radio, it will normally come with one RX. You will only need to buy extra RX id you want to use one radio for several cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back