Senton 3s BLX tires and wheels compatibility question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deimos

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there have been threads about this but they are somewhat old so i wanted to see what the current wheels and tires situation is for the Senton 3s.

I know the 3s has 14mm hex size, and it is possible to switch to 12mm. Lets say i want to stay with 14mm, what would my wheels and tires options be?

I saw duratrax has some but most of them seem pretty huge, i would like something that would fit without the need to cut the body.

I also saw that some of you just kept the original wheels and changed the tires, if doing this is there something i should keep in mind.

I found these which i like, would they fit on a senton 3s and is that tire company any good? - https://www.banggood.com/ZD-Racing-...ing-p-1186260.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

Sorry for the barrage of questions but this is my first RC and i'm a total noob and just trying to know as much as possible when the car inevitably starts to need replacements.

Hey everyone,

I know there have been threads about this but they are somewhat old so i wanted to see what the current wheels and tires situation is for the Senton 3s.

I know the 3s has 14mm hex size, and it is possible to switch to 12mm. Lets say i want to stay with 14mm, what would my wheels and tires options be?

I saw duratrax has some but most of them seem pretty huge, i would like something that would fit without the need to cut the body.

I also saw that some of you just kept the original wheels and changed the tires, if doing this is there something i should keep in mind.

I found these which i like, would they fit on a senton 3s and is that tire company any good? - https://www.banggood.com/ZD-Racing-...ing-p-1186260.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

Sorry for the barrage of questions but this is my first RC and i'm a total noob and just trying to know as much as possible when the car inevitably starts to need replacements.
If those are actual bead lock wheels, they are more for crawlers than anything with any sort of speed, which means they will easily come apart on a 3S Senton, plus, they will be heavier than the stock wheels and tires. As for using the stock wheels and different tires, if you can get the old tires off, since they are glued to the rim (some people say there is a way to get them off with acetone, but i have never tried it), then any short course truck 2.2/3.0 tire would fit. Another option would be to buy new Senton wheels and the tires of your choice, but that would be more expense. For the Senton, you could swap the hubs to 12MM, and that way you would have a lot more tire/wheel options, including some of the cheaper SCT wheels and tires that are available. I am not sure where you are located, but, you can find a whole bunch of tire and wheel options in 12MM on Ebay and Amazon. There are even some that are as little as $20-$25 for a set of four, but if you are in the U.S., they can take quite awhile to ship.

If those are actual bead lock wheels, they are more for crawlers than anything with any sort of speed, which means they will easily come apart on a 3S Senton, plus, they will be heavier than the stock wheels and tires. As for using the stock wheels and different tires, if you can get the old tires off, since they are glued to the rim (some people say there is a way to get them off with acetone, but i have never tried it), then any short course truck 2.2/3.0 tire would fit. Another option would be to buy new Senton wheels and the tires of your choice, but that would be more expense. For the Senton, you could swap the hubs to 12MM, and that way you would have a lot more tire/wheel options, including some of the cheaper SCT wheels and tires that are available. I am not sure where you are located, but, you can find a whole bunch of tire and wheel options in 12MM on Ebay and Amazon. There are even some that are as little as $20-$25 for a set of four, but if you are in the U.S., they can take quite awhile to ship.

Thank you for the reply, I'm in Croatia and there are no RC shops here :(, but i can order everything online and there are good shops that stock items in EU warehouses. Just a question, are there any downsides to switching to 12mm, will this make the truck more susceptible to breaking?

Thank you for the reply, I'm in Croatia and there are no RC shops here :(, but i can order everything online and there are good shops that stock items in EU warehouses. Just a question, are there any downsides to switching to 12mm, will this make the truck more susceptible to breaking?
I don't see that causing the truck itself to break more, but, if you get the super cheap wheels, some people have had issues with the centers coming out of the wheels, the tires ripping apart, and the wheels cracking, which can then damage the truck. The Senton, and Arrma vehicles in general are pretty durable, so the only weak link could possibly be by using too cheap or too weak parts. Why are you looking to change the wheels? Are yours getting wore out, or are you just planning ahead for when they do?

I don't see that causing the truck itself to break more, but, if you get the super cheap wheels, some people have had issues with the centers coming out of the wheels, the tires ripping apart, and the wheels cracking, which can then damage the truck. The Senton, and Arrma vehicles in general are pretty durable, so the only weak link could possibly be by using too cheap or too weak parts. Why are you looking to change the wheels? Are yours getting wore out, or are you just planning ahead for when they do?
Just planning ahead, some tires for short course trucks look so sexy that i want to have them haha. But i was thinking of going a bit more scale, so not the huge monster tires, and an old school ford f-100 pickup truck body.

I am new to hobby grade RC as well. After pulling the tire off my sons Senton BLX, it is really very simple to swap out the 14mm hex for a different hex. I may swap over to 12mm in the future, I really don't see a down side to it, and the tire/wheel combo availability is much larger than 14mm hex.

I recommend you remove one of the tires and look at the hex installation before you make a decision. Also, wite down the diameters and widths to compare all tires side by side. I found a huge range of diameters and widths all fit the 2.2/3.0 wheels.

I bought a set of four new take off wheels for the Senton from Jennys RC for the time being. I forsee that tires are something my son is going to go through somewhat regularly, so having an extra set of wheels in the future is nice as a learning project. IE, remove old tires, glue on new tires. After that, I may convert his car to 12mm hex.

Just planning ahead, some tires for short course trucks look so sexy that i want to have them haha. But i was thinking of going a bit more scale, so not the huge monster tires, and an old school ford f-100 pickup truck body.
I have a few different short course trucks, and i actually use a set of off road tires on a couple of them, but, they arent true 1/10 monster truck wheels and tires. They are actually the tires and wheels from the Redcat Volcano/Exceed RC Infinitive/HSP monster truck. They are less than $20 US on BangGood: https://www.banggood.com/4PCS-Wheel...mm-Hub-88005-p-1072827.html?cur_warehouse=USA
I don't know how well they would hold up on a 3S Senton, but they held up on my Redcat Blackout XTE after i swapped in a 3S capable ESC and motor, and ran it on 3S. The first pic shows what they look like on my DHK Hunter, which is the same size as a Senton. The second pic shows them next to a Maxxis ST on a Losi Tenacity wheel. They are wider than SCT tires, but, because they are a somewhat aggressive tread, they work really well in loose stuff. The maxxis ST's are another one i like, but they are more for hard pack dirt. I did have to raise the body mounts as high as they would go to clear the tires though.

Attachments

• KIMG0098.jpg
    KIMG0098.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 104
  • KIMG0099.jpg
    KIMG0099.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 108
I have a few different short course trucks, and i actually use a set of off road tires on a couple of them, but, they arent true 1/10 monster truck wheels and tires. They are actually the tires and wheels from the Redcat Volcano/Exceed RC Infinitive/HSP monster truck. They are less than $20 US on BangGood: https://www.banggood.com/4PCS-Wheel...mm-Hub-88005-p-1072827.html?cur_warehouse=USA
I don't know how well they would hold up on a 3S Senton, but they held up on my Redcat Blackout XTE after i swapped in a 3S capable ESC and motor, and ran it on 3S. The first pic shows what they look like on my DHK Hunter, which is the same size as a Senton. The second pic shows them next to a Maxxis ST on a Losi Tenacity wheel. They are wider than SCT tires, but, because they are a somewhat aggressive tread, they work really well in loose stuff. The maxxis ST's are another one i like, but they are more for hard pack dirt. I did have to raise the body mounts as high as they would go to clear the tires though.
Sorry, which are are the right ones on the second pic? Losi tenacity?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back