Typhon Senton 3s BLX to Syphock 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures of it not installed.

Wing.jpg

Wing .jpg

About 100 pixels per picture. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: No, not 100 but not a lot either.

Last edited:
This is awesome! I’m developing a love hate relationship with my stock Senton. It’s not it’s fault 😢 I just don’t have a short course close by and all dirt places around me are hard to find. I’m loving it on the beaches, but in parks and grass it tends to catch and flip. I’m going to move up to 6s soon, and don’t want to shelve my Senton. This build gives me some inspiration. Thanks
Thanks! I want to drive mine at the beach sometime too, even if it means a "take apart the whole dang thing and get out every last bit of sand out of every nook and cranny" and it will probably be worth it :ROFLMAO: . Glad to be making a difference (am I?) and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. If you do change your senton or whatever, let me know and you should start a build thread and/or post some pictures.✌️

I've only had my senton since Xmas of this year and its been anything other than optimal conditions for driving, though, i still send it in 20* weather and drift around the (snow) plowed street. I want to do the swap to a Typhon but man... i really want a Kraton! i do have a SC track nearby, just hasnt been nice enough to go.

I've only had my senton since Xmas of this year and its been anything other than optimal conditions for driving, though, i still send it in 20* weather and drift around the (snow) plowed street. I want to do the swap to a Typhon but man... i really want a Kraton! i do have a SC track nearby, just hasnt been nice enough to go.
I feel you man. Just do what you want most. You could get the Kraton and bench your Senton till the weathers nice. IDK whatever you want to do most.

This is my converted Typhon 3...just installed hot racing 10mm hub extenders and Typhon 6s shocks from JRC today. Love this car. It's a beast on punch 5 and it handles like a champ. IMO it was worth swappin. Kept all the Senton Blx parts in case I ever wanted to go SC again. Like the senton alot but it's definetly hard to bash without destroying the body.

20210220_150245.jpg

This is my converted Typhon 3...just installed hot racing 10mm hub extenders and Typhon 6s shocks from JRC today. Love this car. It's a beast on punch 5 and it handles like a champ. IMO it was worth swappin. Kept all the Senton Blx parts in case I ever wanted to go SC again. Like the senton alot but it's definetly hard to bash without destroying the body.

View attachment 127737
Love it!:love::love: I would get the 6s shocks too but I don't really need them now. They're kinda expensive IMHO and I don't do huge jumps or anything that would require them. The plastic ones work fine right now. Where did you get the roof skid plates?

They came in the proline skid guards that I originally bought for the Senton and never used them. Mainly for looks cause the body don't hit the ground
Stock shocks worked great but I kept bending shafts on the rear. I do jump 20+ feet high at the skate park tho. Hoping the 6s shocks hold up a little better.

Last edited:
They came in the proline skid guards that I originally bought for the Senton and never used them. Mainly for looks cause the body don't hit the ground
Stock shocks worked great but I kept bending shafts on the rear. I do jump 20+ feet high at the skate park tho. Hoping the 6s shocks hold up a little better.
Oh, I see. I bent one of my rear shock shafts on a bad landing, it wasn't a high jump maybe 8-10 feet. I just bent it back as straight as I could get it and it has worked fine since. Also my right rear shock shaft kept popping out of the bottom rod end/mudguard thing but a little two part gorrilla glue epoxy fixed it. This 👇was before I converted it to a Typhon.
Shock.JPG

I put foam in my battery tray, (just because I can) and cut out the spots where the battery straps go. I also put foam under the motor so when it slaps chassis the foam absorbs most of the impact (hopefully). I made an adjustable swivling rc car stand out of a chunk of all thread, a few nuts, some plastic containers, and last but not least, a considerable amount of hot glue. :ROFLMAO: Hey, it works it's just a little wobbly.
RC Stand.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

So I got some scrap sheet metal and made some body armor and skid plates. I attached the body armor with hot glue (don't worry there's plenty) temporarly so I don't know how long it will stay on. I'm planning on bolting it on for long term but I don't have any small bolts w/nuts. I just cut and bent the metal for the skid plates then drilled some holes. Then I rigged up a press with a vise, bolt, and nut to sink the hole area in, so I don't wreck my bolt when it scrapes on the asphalt. I didn't take the old skid plates off, I just bolted them on top of the old ones. It looks really sweet in real life cause the pictures are junk... except the hot glue kinda makes it look stupid. I probably could've done a better job but I got impatient when it wouldn't bend where I wanted it to bend or I cut too far or something.
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG

I made some more stuff out of sheet metal! Cut it, bend it, drill it, ziptie it, Done. They look nice, I guess we'll have to see how well they work. I'm just waitin' on my new motor. Now it says I should get it Monday, March 1st.

Front RPM Arms
Rear RPM Arms

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

I also picked up some front and rear RPM arms from Hobby Town USA last night. They fit like a glove. I love the design because they are symmetrical. This helps because both front arms work on both sides and both rear arms work on both sides. I also like the way they put the screw in the same hole as the hinge pin.

IMG_0746.JPG

Front RPM Arms:
IMG_0748.JPG

Rear RPM Arms:
IMG_0750.JPG

Last edited:
Heh, heh. I rigged up a steering wheelie bar. I'm curious to see how long it will last. It's attached* to my 3d printed wing so I can put my stock wing on instead if I don't want to see the ugly "wheelie bar". It will probably snap off very easily, but I was just bored. I used my $70 rampage rc car. The brushed motor was shot so I just cut it off and I'm using the servo, esc, and battery. If you zoom in on the pictures you can see how I rigged it up. Kinda.

Attached*: endless amount of hotglue
IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

Well, the mud guards work well.:cool: After every ride I scrape a layer of mud off of them :) I figured I would post some pictures of my RC track that I ride on about every day if the weathers good. I haven't tried out the steering wheelie bar yet, I'll update y'all when I do. So here are some pictures.

The first jump was a table top then I changed it to a step up now its like a triple or something like that.
RC Track.JPG

This second picture is a double. Or a jump and a "landing". Whatever you wanna call it, I don't care. You can see the first jump in the bottom of the👆 first picture.
RC Track .JPG

This is some sorta quarter pipe thingy that you go up one side and down the other. Or you accidentaly (maybe on purpose) just go as fast as you can and see how far you can launch of the right side. (make sure you don't go on the left side or you might hit the tree pictured below👇. (I know from experience.) And oh, I'm more worried about the tree than the Typhon if your wondering.
RC Track  .JPG

This little tire jump was my first jump I made. Pretty simple. Tires + Dirt = Jump. And also, Dirt + Rain + Sunlight = Grass. Gotta mow it sometime.
RC Track   .JPG

These next pictures are just the whole track. You can see the layout. A skinny wooden jump there, a broken partical board nailed to a log.:ROFLMAO:
RC Track    .JPG

RC Track     .JPG

Remember, I did this all with a shovel and you can pretend you don't see the tractor tire marks in the top left corner of the third picture.:ROFLMAO::cool: Anyway, I had fun building it and riding on it. With a 50cc dirtbike too maybe.:ROFLMAO::D

Last edited:
Well, the mud guards work well.:cool: After every ride I scrape a layer of mud off of them :) I figured I would post some pictures of my RC track that I ride on about every day if the weathers good. I haven't tried out the steering wheelie bar yet, I'll update y'all when I do. So here are some pictures.

The first jump was a table top then I changed it to a step up now its like a triple or something like that.
View attachment 130914

This second picture is a double. Or a jump and a "landing". Whatever you wanna call it, I don't care. You can see the first jump in the bottom of the👆 first picture.
View attachment 130915

This is some sorta quarter pipe thingy that you go up one side and down the other. Or you accidentaly (maybe on purpose) just go as fast as you can and see how far you can launch of the right side. (make sure you don't go on the left side or you might hit the tree pictured below👇. (I know from experience.) And oh, I'm more worried about the tree than the Typhon if your wondering.
View attachment 130924

This little tire jump was my first jump I made. Pretty simple. Tires + Dirt = Jump. And also, Dirt + Rain + Sunlight = Grass. Gotta mow it sometime.
View attachment 130926

These next pictures are just the whole track. You can see the layout. A skinny wooden jump there, a broken partical board nailed to a log.:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 130927
View attachment 130929

Remember, I did this all with a shovel and you can pretend you don't see the tractor tire marks in the top left corner of the third picture.:ROFLMAO::cool: Anyway, I had fun building it and riding on it. With a 50cc dirtbike too maybe.:ROFLMAO::D

Later!:cool:
sick!!! i wish i had a track :ROFLMAO:

I'm converting my Arrma Senton 3s to a Typhon 3s. (Or Syphon) After bashing for a few months I've noticed that my body is breaking so often because I land on it so much. I went to order a new one and realized that the Typhon body was about half the price. Looking at my cousin's Typhon body, he doesn't even have a crack in it because when he flips over it doesn't touch the ground. I decided I was going to get Typhon body mounts and a body. I'm getting bigger tires and a smaller pinion too. I'm hoping to save a little money on cheaper bodies and them lasting longer along with me liking the Typhon look more now. I'm planning on leaving the senton bumper on because it's bigger but changing the rear bumper.

Next I'll probably 3d print the rear wing (Thanks Camaroboy383 for modeling it) and the rear wing mount (Thanks suchtragedy). I might be 3d printing some bigger tires with big teeth for the dirt, not sure yet tho. Still have to model them and not sure how hard it will be since I just installed meshmixer last night as I have been using sketchup. Sketchup hasn't worked good for printing as it fills in holes in some layers and makes holes where it should be filled in.

Front Body Mounts:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR3204...dy+mounts&qid=1610651205&sr=8-2&&tag=arrma-20

Rear Body Mounts:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR320452-Body-Mount-Typhon/dp/B07HZ5NPWP

View attachment 123252

View attachment 123253
3d Models:
Typhon 3s Wing by camaroboy383:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4152440

Typhon 3s Wing Mounts by suchtragedy:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4503718

TRB Bearings:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-Granit...ords=TRB+senton+bearing&qid=1611952552&sr=8-2

View attachment 123254

View attachment 123255

View attachment 123256
Typhon Body:
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...uggy-ar402274-ar102696?variant=19223393468470

I got the body and body mounts on. Looks kinda stupid right now without the rear wing and the junk tires on. The bumpers make it look dumb too.
My bigrock tires, bigrock pinion, and typhon bumpers just arrived today. Can't wait to put them on and try it out. :) :) :)

Bigrock Tires (dBoots RAGNAROK):
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...es-wheels-tyres-rims-dboots-ragnarok-ar102711

Bigrock Pinion:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...shaft-granite-ar102711?variant=19198466359350

Typhon Bumpers:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...lx-bumpers-ar320454-front-rear-mega-ara4306v3

Tires.jpg

Tires, pinion, and bumpers on. The rear wing is 3d printing right now. I rode it at 75% power without changing the pinion to see the speed, and it rips! I didn't want to do 100% power with the 20T pinion for fear of overheating the motor. I don't understand why nobody else does this, it looks sick, rides great, and isn't an expensive change. It should look even better when I get the rear wing and wing mounts on. The next upgrade I think will be a better servo. With the bigger tires, extended hub thingies on the tires, and the fact that my servo is already junk. I think it's now safe to call it a Syphock (Senton/Typhon/Bigrock)

I'm not sure if i'm going to be putting a SWB Granite chassis in it because I would either have to get a Granite body OR cut the rear of the Typhon body a few inches and re-drill the holes. I think I will leave it for now and see how it runs then maybe that will be a future project.
did you gear it down because of the bigger wheels and tires?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back